Thread: Awilix ult moments that make you want to rage quit the game

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Awilix ult moments that make you want to rage quit the game

1) You hit knockup at max range and walk back and ult (with icon showing), but enemy goes out of range of ult just as you ult.

2) You hit knockup at close range and walk forward, and the enemy is behind you just as you ult.

4) Enemy jumps, you ult, but enemy goes out of range of ult just as you ult.

5) You knockup enemy and ult a little too late so enemy is on the ground by the time ult has finished casting.

This is one of the worst designed skill in the game. Why the fuck does it need to have a speed and power buff? Doesn't make any sense at all.

And the worst part is you can't even make it more usable because the rest of her kit is so strong.

Bring old Arachne back.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    There are times where you just use the Ult stim to rip through the enemy. Awilix isn't top meta atm, she does a ton of single target damage but her clear is subpar and you need to be good at timing with her ult.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yeah I'm not good on awilix I recognize all of these (except the one moving in front of enemy wtf? I get why it doesn't work but I don't get why you would do it ).

Not moving back while ulting I learned fairly fast in theory but still do wrong at times.

Git gud basicly, like me, you gotta practice awilix more :P
    Rocking the boat

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 817
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Uh, it makes perfect sense for it to have a power and AS steroid. You can either mow objectives down or outbox an enemy, or get more power on top of your passive to make sure you can kill them. It's what she's supposed to do.

It's hardly the worst. I always transform into Awilix whenever I play Morrigan since I can either immediately punish mobile gods or chase after them.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Git gud basicly, like me, you gotta practice awilix more :P
    Yeah fine, but the enemies can also "git good". It's very easy to avoid the knockup from Awilix if you play against her a little.

The best way to use her ult is from a distance, if the enemy beads the skill is completely wasted.

Note: I don't think Awilix is under powered. Her non-ult abilities and autos are highly bloated. It's just that when you miss the ult for the variety of reasons it's very annoying. This is a contrast to old Arachne whose ult was really good, but rest of her kit was not that great (esp. she was highly immobile). Missing Arachne ult was far less disheartening, because you missed a skillshot, Even getting the pull beads'ed midway was not disheartening.
    Last edited by Geff; 01-15-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    Yeah fine, but the enemies can also "git good". It's very easy to avoid the knockup from Awilix if you play against her a little.
    1v1 maybe but in team fight if enemy routes last thing they wanna do is turn around for an awilix 3. Or you know get a xing/geb/baccus/jing/he bo/vulcan/swk on ure team and u don't even have to land the 3.
    Rocking the boat