Thread: discordia dash

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ketsie's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

discordia dash

Discordia becomes immortal and cc immune while dashing. Those effects are nowhere in the move description and it is abused by players all the time. Should it be fixed or made official?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm fine with it disjointing lots of things, bit bummed out that it disjoints ares ult though.
    Rocking the boat

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Honestly, there's a lot of minutiae in regards to how skills work that just isn't mentioned anywhere in the game.

Discordia disjointing things with her dash is just one of them (Another is the fact that Discordia's dash goes over walls...)

At this point is seems to be a theme that many skills are just poorly described and you have to figure out how they work in-game (Or on third party websites where people actually bother to provide information about how the skills work...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I like the fact that her 3 goes through walls and makes her briefly immune, as otherwise it would be a pretty bad skill. It doesn't send her far enough away to be a true escape (going through walls is the only thing that makes it able be used that way as it barely sends her anywhere otherwise) and while the cooldown bonus is nice it's rarely ever the main reason I use the skill. Trying to use it to doge attacks with just the stealth and movement speed bonus (which is only applied while she's in the area, making using it to run away not viable) doesn't work well because they'll just drop an AOE on it. Discordia is a fairly immobile god, but the 'unlisted' aspects of her 3 do a lot to help mitigate this and make her not as terrible as other immobile gods like Anubis. (I think her ability description does list it as a leap, implying that it indeed goes over walls even if the animation doesn't look like it should.) I agree that having these types of things listed in the ability description to avoid confusion would be nice though.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 59 gods mastered with 18 at rank V or higher and 4 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, and Nemesis). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Discordia's dash is characterized as a jump eventhough it doesn't look like it. Hades' dash/jump is another culprit of this. All jumps give a few frames of immunity, but Awilix can also pull people out of these dashes.

Yes, discordia can be pulled out of her "dash" by Awilix, same as Hades. However, the frames are so few that only an incredibly skillful Awilix player can accomplish it.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,759
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its not dash but leap and most leaps are immune to dmg when they leap or even all of them
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Its not dash but leap and most leaps are immune to dmg when they leap or even all of them
    I haven't experience this in a long time but I have gotten Ares chained mid jump as Fenrir, it cancels its dmg and cancels its stun, well actually end of jump to be precise. It might be fixed now or someone skilled enough just haven't played ares when I played these Gods for a long time.

Odin can for a fact get stunned out of all his dmg on his leap shield combo by some Gods, Tyr is a classic that comes to mind.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I haven't experience this in a long time but I have gotten Ares chained mid jump as Fenrir, it cancels its dmg and cancels its stun, well actually end of jump to be precise. It might be fixed now or someone skilled enough just haven't played ares when I played these Gods for a long time.
    Some rare skills can damage mid-air. I forget the full list, some include: Nu Wa ult, Zeus Dethonate, Xbal ult stun. Ofcourse DoTs do damage in mid air.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Odin can for a fact get stunned out of all his dmg on his leap shield combo by some Gods, Tyr is a classic that comes to mind.
    Are you saying it can be interrupted mid air, or during the leaping animation? Yes anyone can be interrupted during the animation, before going into the untargettable frames.

Achievements:
    More like end of jump, after mid air.

If odin vs tyr solo and odin starts his shield then jumps on the wave. Tyr can push just as odin lands and cancel all dmg from odin jump on both himself and The wave.

Ares shackling fenrir works the same, atleast it did. Just as fenrir lands his 1 you can shackle and nullify all effects of the skill. So you jumped in but nothing happened.

Also sobek 2 disrupts some jumps it can even make ravana ulti bounce and miss its dmg.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-11-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,342
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Its a leap that also stealths her so it makes you immune to ults like lokis or neiths. However very interestingly enough, you are not immediately invulnerable after casting it; there's roughly 0.1-0.2s where you're vulnerable before entirely immune so any attacks that hit you during that period can kill you.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.