Thread: New gods being ignored and giving us anger

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Angry New gods being ignored and giving us anger

It is past time for some new gods to receive Nerf.

* What I see most in the matches is Baron Samedi with build of defense and giving more damage than all of the team. This god does not lose life because he has a lot of lifesteal, he has an ult with a guardian's CC and an absurd poke. His healing is too much and heals the team too. His ult did not need the final pull.

* Pele is another disgrace that always appears in the games. The goddess is with absurd damage and control in huge area. And include her exaggerated speed too. Depending on the build, she plays in the middle of 5 enemies and leaves with life full.

* Hera received an exaggerated buff in the last update. Argus is with speed impossible to escape and with a very low CD. Hera's skill 1 is doing a lot of damage, even at the beginning of the game. It can spam Argus and stay without participating in the TF easily.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    While I agree with the premise, I disagree with the framing. I don't think the new gods are "OP" or "UP", I just think that gods are getting increasingly convoluted.

Look at old gods like He bo and Anhur, their abilities are simple. Each skill typically does only one thing or in rare instances two things. Not only this, there is some consideration of each skill's place in the overall kit. By contrast, for the new god's each skill does a million different things. Baron Samedi is especially a culprit of this trend.

I'm not a fan of "invisible" effects, these are effects like silence, disarm, attack speed debuff, cripple. This is a contrast to things highly obvious effects like knockup/back, slow, stun, root. If you look at the old gods, invisible effects were used extremely rarely, and when they were used the skills that offered them were highly projected.

Take Hades's silence for instance, it's extremely obvious when you are silenced that's to the skills animation. Furthermore, while the skill does multiple things, applies blind, fears if blighted. The complexity of the skill is counterbalanced by the fact that it doesn't do damage. Compare that to Bellona disarm. Not only is it a non-obvious effect when she hits you from far away and if it occurs in the middle of a teamfight, but the skill also does damage. Also, the disarm does not make sense contextually to a new player, a contrast to Hades's silence/fear. AMC's passive occasional disarm is just a tragedy, I don't know who thought this was a good design decision.

Poseidon and Sylla's cripples are perfect examples of good cripples. The cripple is combined with a slow and root respectively and are extremely obvious from context. By contrast, does Arthur's cripple make sense contextually?

Mantle of Discord and Ancile item passives absolutely don't belong in this game.

In encourage the new devs to restore some simplicity to the game. Pay attention to the simplicity, yet unique and interesting facets of the old gods like Anhur, He bo, Isis, Hun Batz, Odin etc. Use that as the standard.

Also, too many similar abilities in one kit makes the god boring. Big culprits: Arachne (2 stims), Camazotz (2 line projectiles).
    Last edited by Geff; 01-09-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead MordridtheBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    *somewhere at Hi-Rez*

Got it...so make it at least 5 times more complicated."

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    * What I see most in the matches is Baron Samedi with build of defense and giving more damage than all of the team. This god does not lose life because he has a lot of lifesteal, he has an ult with a guardian's CC and an absurd poke. His healing is too much and heals the team too. His ult did not need the final pull.
    June called, they want their talking points back. Baron's in a decent spot right now and nowhere near his release. Devs like his current niche as a cc healer and he's likely going to stay there. Also, where does he have lifesteal in his kit?
    All you need is antiheal on a mage or an assassin who can spread it easily via abilities and Samedi's dealt with.

* Pele is another disgrace that always appears in the games. The goddess is with absurd damage and control in huge area. And include her exaggerated speed too. Depending on the build, she plays in the middle of 5 enemies and leaves with life full.
    Cc shuts her down completely. She has only 1 cc spell that only knocks up in waves around her. She has no slows or stuns in her kit. Her speed has a decent cooldown if someone isn't using it wisely, and I'd be really interested to see her leaving a 1v5 with full health.

* Hera received an exaggerated buff in the last update. Argus is with speed impossible to escape and with a very low CD. Hera's skill 1 is doing a lot of damage, even at the beginning of the game. It can spam Argus and stay without participating in the TF easily.
    Maybe if you land the middle of her 1, yes it does a lot, but that's a hard skillshot to land since it has a tell as well as a small area for that to happen. Argus doesn't have as short of a cd as you think, unless she's consistently landing multiple hits with her abilities while he's on cd.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    June called, they want their talking points back. Baron's in a decent spot right now and nowhere near his release. Devs like his current niche as a cc healer and he's likely going to stay there. Also, where does he have lifesteal in his kit?
    All you need is antiheal on a mage or an assassin who can spread it easily via abilities and Samedi's dealt with.
    I wouldn't call something niche that is played so much as support, mid and solo. I kinda like his concept primarly as solo and support so reducing scalings could be a solution. His utility combined with base dmg, base cdr and scalings + 20% dmg boost on passive is just to much.

Cc shuts her down completely. She has only 1 cc spell that only knocks up in waves around her. She has no slows or stuns in her kit. Her speed has a decent cooldown if someone isn't using it wisely, and I'd be really interested to see her leaving a 1v5 with full health.
    Her potential dmg is nuts the heal and aoe she has is just a cherry on top. When compared to other top meta junglers it doesn't look that bad but hey I think merc and baka need some adjustments as well. Either that way or buff the ones that are out of meta. Whatever we are going for here but I think its better to nerf the top meta then buff the bottom, or there is lots of work to be done.

Maybe if you land the middle of her 1, yes it does a lot, but that's a hard skillshot to land since it has a tell as well as a small area for that to happen. Argus doesn't have as short of a cd as you think, unless she's consistently landing multiple hits with her abilities while he's on cd.
    Its enough not to let a skilled player get it as mid laner. Ppl that hit her 1 snowball conq so hard. And its not like the 2 dmg is low or anything I'm ok with the 1 hitting like a truck but the 2 I'm more skeptical to, with gem its almost a nox 1 and 2 combined with huge range and wide aoe. The only thing she lacks is good escape so there are a few Gods that can initiate on her without getting silenced but yeah she is ban worthy for a reason.

I think weak3n in spot on here, except for the fact that he over done the nerfing a bit to much in total: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsGsUSBU0w

also his loki idea is neat.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post

In encourage the new devs to restore some simplicity to the game. Pay attention to the simplicity, yet unique and interesting facets of the old gods like Anhur, He bo, Isis, Hun Batz, Odin etc. Use that as the standard.

Also, too many similar abilities in one kit makes the god boring. Big culprits: Arachne (2 stims), Camazotz (2 line projectiles).
    I agree with you.
    The older gods are simpler. An example is a buff (which I need, I've already asked several other people) in Nu wa, about the fog of it being very slow.
    Today we have gods that speed bonuses are always 15% -20% or more.

It's things like that, which goes unnoticed by Hi-rez, but for people who play it is annoying and uncomfortable.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Baron is fine. He's a flex pick but not the best in any of his roles.

Pele is only OP against picks with no CC/scrubs who can't land CC.

Hera has a weak early game, Argus is easy to turn and burn at low ranks with any bursty mage (so like, everyone except like Sol). She can be disruptive in a team fight but is usually also just deleted by the jungler or carry.

Arthur is hot trash on release and needs so many adjustments.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids