Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stop this Arachne nonsense and just bring back old Arachne

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Stop this Arachne nonsense and just bring back old Arachne

Old Arachne had one of the most interesting and unique god kits in the game. New Arachne competes for one of the LEAST interesting god kits in the game. No loyal old Arachne player likes new Arachne. Please stop buffing this stupid god and bring back old Arachne.

Change her damage numbers to make her weaker if you want. I know that players who practiced her non stop and had aim with her ult were a bit too strong while lower skill players had an excessively difficult time with her.

If you return Arachne I will buy $100 worth of gems. This is a bribe.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    The main issue is the already disseminated her kit throughout other gods since her rework.

Sylvanas has her pull (As a basic ability rather than an ult no less )

While Serqet has her *Sit on your face* skill, albeit altered to not be quite as long lived.

However, I still would kind of like her kit to be updated to be something cool and unique (Also; not trash). Since honestly she's basically just melee Medusa for the most part. DoT damage steroid (Ironically, Medusa's DoT will proc Heartseeker, while Arachne's will not) and a limited trigger attack speed steroid (Though, Dusa's both of these are 1 skill, not 2 separate skills...)

I mean, if they want to still keep those in her kit, they could at least consolidate them into just 1 skill. Tune the numbers for the DoT a bit, but then give her 3 (Maybe 4 given they've seemed to like giving gods 4 limited triggers...) hits that Ramp-to-Stun and apply her leeching DoT.

Which opens up giving her a new basic ability. One that could you know... Actually help her be useful for something. Like, I don't know... Maybe like a reverse of her old pull, so she pulls HERSELF to her target then she can start wailing on them with her spoders. Give it some uniqueness and allow her to pull herself to one of her webs if she targets it too, so she can set up escapes for herself before she ganks (So she has more in depth gameplay in regards to how one ends up positioning her webs across the map)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    It's not just individual skills that matter, the context also matters. Her kit just came together and synergized extremely well.

Arachne was the sniper assassin. Really no other assassin or any god can compare to her playstyle. Every single skill in her kit had a unique and interesting function that suited her niche playstyle.

While Drain Life was a very bad skill for DPS, it had it's niche functions in rare scenarios. I was not upset by its niche usage scenarios because her other skills were so excellent and worked so well together.
    Last edited by Geff; 01-08-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I agree with consolidating her stims, you always pop both anyway. Give her a leap or something to justify using her ult ofensively.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    I agree with consolidating her stims, you always pop both anyway. Give her a leap or something to justify using her ult ofensively.
    No.

1) Change her passive to apply small DoT.

2) Make her 1 lay eggs that only hatch when enemies get close and send some spiders. Don't give slow to the spiders.

3) Make her 2 a Drain Life ability that does a grabs onto targets and does small damage and leech.

4) Make her 3 throw an AoE slowing area. Gods that enter continue to be slowed for a small duration after leaving the area.

5) Make her ult a pull similar to Sylvanus pull but slightly faster activation time and slightly longer range.

In other words. Bring back old Arachne.

Achievements:
    I personally wouldn't be upset if they bring her back in the form of a different god, while keeping kit features intact, so that it doesn't upset the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000001% who actually likes new Arachne. I wouldn't be upset if they nerf her abilities too, eg: lower damage on drain life/spiders. Just maintain the theme: immobile sniper god that don't have any jumps/dashes, but relies on slow to self-peel, and does majority of damage with autos and passive.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    I personally wouldn't be upset if they bring her back in the form of a different god, while keeping kit features intact, so that it doesn't upset the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000001% who actually likes new Arachne. I wouldn't be upset if they nerf her abilities too, eg: lower damage on drain life/spiders. Just maintain the theme: immobile sniper god that don't have any jumps/dashes, but relies on slow to self-peel, and does majority of damage with autos and passive.
    She's literally had her old kit spread to Sylvanus and Serqet and Da Ji. They recycle everything. Amaterasu ult is original Guan Yu ult, Ganesha ult is original Nu Wa ult.

Arachne will never get a full revert, stop asking. Consolidate the stims, give her a reliable escape that isn't her Ult.

Achievements:
    She's literally had her old kit spread to Sylvanus and Serqet and Da Ji. They recycle everything. Amaterasu ult is original Guan Yu ult, Ganesha ult is original Nu Wa ult.
    This is a ridiculous argument. If Thor is deleted from the game and all of his abilities are spread out over 5 gods, suddenly Thor is in the game again? Wtf are you talking about?

The thing that makes Thor, Thor is all of his abilities together, it's the KIT that makes him, not the individual skills.

Arachne's individual skills did not make Arachne Arachne, it's how the skills worked together. Eggs would only pop if enemies came close, so she had to pull enemies to her eggs using her ult. You can't just give Sylvanus her ult and call Sylvanus Arachne.

Arachne will never get a full revert
    I don't give a shit about the model. This is why I said in my last comment I'm okay with another god being made that has old Arachne's kit.

Consolidate the stims, give her a reliable escape that isn't her Ult.
    This suggestion is terrible. I could point out the reasons why, but considering you are dumb enough to make such a terrible suggestion, I'm not sure you would understand any reason.
    Last edited by Geff; 01-13-2019 at 04:57 PM.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    This is a ridiculous argument. If Thor is deleted from the game and all of his abilities are spread out over 5 gods, suddenly Thor is in the game again? Wtf are you talking about?
    Gods try and use unique abilities. If Thor is removed from the game and all of his abilities where then spread among new gods, then there would be 0 chance that Thor would be re-introduced with all of his abilities.

He might have something based on one of his previous abilities, but he would not get what is now effectively another god's abilities.
    Arachne's individual skills did not make Arachne Arachne, it's how the skills worked together. Eggs would only pop if enemies came close, so she had to pull enemies to her eggs using her ult. You can't just give Sylvanus her ult and call Sylvanus Arachne.
    Arachne's skills worked together in the sense that she could use her ult to pull people into her eggs. That's it. That's the extent of her original kit's synergy.

Sylvanus now has her ult and he uses it to pull enemies close, so that he can root them, so that he can ult them, so that he can put his wisps on them, so that he can initiate for his team in a teamfight.

Arachne's Drain Life was a problematic skill, thus it was changed. Now, it's the basis of Serqet's ult, with some significant differences, such as it being MUCH shorter duration, not susceptible to being "Knocked off" a target and being well, an ult with a long cooldown rather than a basic ability.
    I don't give a shit about the model. This is why I said in my last comment I'm okay with another god being made that has old Arachne's kit.
    Who the fuck was talking about her model?

Arachne will never have her kit fully reverted to its original state. The skills are gone and have become other gods skills. At best you might see a reversion to another of her reworked states but I highly doubt it, especially since Tangled Web is now actually part of her ultimate now.

This suggestion is terrible. I could point out the reasons why, but considering you are dumb enough to make such a terrible suggestion, I'm not sure you would understand any reason.
    Or maybe you won't point out the reasons why it's terrible because you can't find any because to you, the only thing that makes sense is original Arachne's kit.

Consolidating her stims makes sense and frees her up for an additional ability for some utility that she sorely needs.

While a reliable escape may or may not be the ideal choice, it's at least something that has potential to happen and would serve to help Arachne a lot (By allowing more aggressive usage of her ult with its latest buff to boot)

Original Arachne will never happen. A new god with original Arachne's kit will never happen. Original Arachne was changed (Repeatedly...) for a reason and that's why it was safe to cannibalize her kit and make it into new abilities for various gods.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    At best, the eggs may return on another Spider based god.

if we get Tsuchigumo, which is unlikely as Tsuchigumo is a type of demon not a specific demon, and the most famous one that is even possibly usable is the one that Minamoto defeated, which itself wouldn't really be a good fit for eggs as it's lore is more about using the illusion of a woman and floating skulls and such.

Anansi is a male in his lore (we do suspect we're getting an African god soon based on announcements but Anansi is a stretch) so eggs are out there.

Neith's spider roots are largely ignored other than she uses webs as bow strings and wraps herself up when she dies, also there's no way in hell they're changing Neith at this point.

So yeah, you're gonna have to wait for another pantheon to get the egg skill back.