Thread: Role Queue is a BAD idea.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class

Role Queue is a BAD idea.

[rant]

As far as i heard Hirez has plans to implement role queue in smite, in ranked first in particular.

Role queue, while a decent idea on paper, does not work in smite due to the lack of players. This is MUCH worse in ranked (since less people play ranked.

The current matchmaking is generally popular. Every single person ive spoken to has perceived it as an improvement over the previous matchmaking.

WHY MAKE CHANGES NOW???? THE MATCHMAKING IS ACTUALLY DECENT IN RANKED SMITE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS!!!!

It is actually good right now. Dont ruin it again. Please guys, im scared. Just leave it alone. ITS GOOD. If there are 5 people playing at a certain point in time in my skill bracket i want to play with these 5 people!

Not with 9 random gold + diamond + silver players just because their "prefered roles" happen to work out like that.

Dont fix what isnt broken! It took you years to make this simple change that improved matchmaking by a large margin. Why more changes now? Please stahp!

[/rant]

Junior Member Cupidhead MordridtheBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CurrentValue View Post
    [rant]

As far as i heard Hirez has plans to implement role queue in smite, in ranked first in particular.

Role queue, while a decent idea on paper, does not work in smite due to the lack of players. This is MUCH worse in ranked (since less people play ranked.

The current matchmaking is generally popular. Every single person ive spoken to has perceived it as an improvement over the previous matchmaking.

WHY MAKE CHANGES NOW???? THE MATCHMAKING IS ACTUALLY DECENT IN RANKED SMITE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS!!!!

It is actually good right now. Dont ruin it again. Please guys, im scared. Just leave it alone. ITS GOOD. If there are 5 people playing at a certain point in time in my skill bracket i want to play with these 5 people!

Not with 9 random gold + diamond + silver players just because their "prefered roles" happen to work out like that.

Dont fix what isnt broken! It took you years to make this simple change that improved matchmaking by a large margin. Why more changes now? Please stahp!

[/rant]
    You are aware that they plan to implement cross platform right? Between Xbox, PC and Switch.

That will be more than enough for a player base.

They need to add it in because players have been asking and complaining about the lack of it for years and honestly it needed one.

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    Currently it is not planned to make ranked cross platform (PSA please dont). This was mentioned during the official introduction of cross platform.

If anything role queue would be needed in casuals because console players cant call roles properly, cant wait for that shitstorm to go down every game.

On other note, things that actually do NEED fixing RIGHT NOW. How about the UI. I have one complaint. Just one complaint. It doesnt fucking work. Parties are broken, i cant block people half the time for no apparent reason, with chat open i cant see bans in ranked, Lobbys are dropping like one day flies left and right. Random chat delay. Everything is HUGE for no reason at all. Numpad 6???
    Last edited by CurrentValue; 01-08-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead MordridtheBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Ui- This is the console UI as far as I know and was changed on pc over tot hat for upcoming cross platform (why they couldn't just leave the ui the same on their respective platforms is beyond me

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CurrentValue View Post

If anything role queue would be needed in casuals because console players cant call roles properly, cant wait for that shitstorm to go down every game.
    Well now it is as easy as hitting a button.

I'm not super excited about his, if its only for casual conq I can live with it, but for ranked or arena it would just be super bad. Especially since the best team comp in arena is some kind of trippel front but everyone play with solo front, how are they gonna manage that?

HF with 15min jungle Queues.

Also in ranked I might be really keen on getting mid or jungle if I am among top 2 players in the team, if I'm lowest getting supp or adc are my most comfortable so that is fine. But I don't know what kinds of players the matchmaker will get for me before hand do I?

Though it means I can actually que a game and know that I have a good chance of practicing the role I wanna practice.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 01-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post

I'm not super excited about his, if its only for casual conq I can live with it, but for ranked or arena it would just be super bad. Especially since the best team comp in arena is some kind of trippel front but everyone play with solo front, how are they gonna manage that?

Also in ranked I might be really keen on getting mid or jungle if I am among top 2 players in the team, if I'm lowest getting supp or adc are my most comfortable so that is fine. But I don't know what kinds of players the matchmaker will get for me before hand do I?

Though it means I can actually que a game and know that I have a good chance of practicing the role I wanna practice.
    The problem is that the established and well respected rolequeue in casual conq is whoever calls it first in chat.

I dont think people will adapt and accept a new method very easily

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    we adapt quickly to other stuff like item changes/balances
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post

You select your roles in order of preference. Then it tries to match you into a game with your preference. However, as Pon stated during the show, you are at no time guaranteed one of your top roles until the system fails to put you into a match with your top role after x amount of matches (it increases by a certain % each time it fails to do this). It will fill you since the support playerbase is still small compared to the others.

That said, since we are on timed queues and not random queues, the times won't change much if at all.