Thread: Party system is utterly FUCKED rn

New Member Cupidhead ahayden1996's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Party system is utterly FUCKED rn

I don't know what happened whenever the new UI was introduced, but whatever it was, it completely destroyed the party system. It. Just. Doesn't. Work. Every person you are trying to play with has to restart their games 3+times, and no one can invite anyone until they are all on and have sacrificed a lamb over a copper bowl to the pagan god so ancient his name is lost in the sands of time. Otherwise, the party system breaks, and you get stuck in a "party" by yourself that can't be disbanded until you restart the game and ritual over again. Any friends you tried to invite? They are fucked too and have to restart as well.

This is completely INSANE. how on earth did this happen, and why has it not been fixed yet? this game is already having a dwindling player base due to its balance and queue problems, but this could quite literally be the final nail in this games coffin. i love the art style of this game., and the gameplay is so satisfying. Don't let this game become the next Battleborn. Hi-Rez: eat your crow while it is young and tender. Your fans will respect you for owning up to a mistake. Just talk to us.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dargas3120's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This. Please hirez, fix that mess!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I am also having an issue not being able to add or be added to parties. Please fix this.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Also having Issues with the party system. Unable to join parties and keep getting stuck in an infinite loop of being in a party by myself.

New Member Cupidhead RadiourgoS's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    2 weeks later and still the problem exists. I don't know, is anyone working on fixing this MAJOR bug? Why none is responding?

New Member Cupidhead CaptnBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    This is ridiculous. The only reason I play this is because of the party system. And I poured a shit ton of money (by my standards) on it.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    The steps below worked for me. Doing everything in combination as recommended in https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...iends_through/ worked for me and my fiance.

Open smite through steam, make sure the receiver does not have smite open, but does have steam open.

They accept the invite to game. They will then get on, but it will not put you in a party.

Then open your friends list and invite someone else (not the receiver) who is currently in game(playing a game). You will get a message saying they are in game and not able to play.

Then smite will disband your party because it does not have enough members.

NOW, through smite, go to your friends list and invite the person to your party.

The person will get a notification to join the party though STEAM. Then they will join.

Finally you are in a damn party. Dear lord HiRez

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by Simela View Post
    The steps below worked for me. Doing everything in combination as recommended in https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...iends_through/ worked for me and my fiance.

Open smite through steam, make sure the receiver does not have smite open, but does have steam open.

They accept the invite to game. They will then get on, but it will not put you in a party.

Then open your friends list and invite someone else (not the receiver) who is currently in game(playing a game). You will get a message saying they are in game and not able to play.

Then smite will disband your party because it does not have enough members.

NOW, through smite, go to your friends list and invite the person to your party.

The person will get a notification to join the party though STEAM. Then they will join.

Finally you are in a damn party. Dear lord HiRez
    Good evening,
    when I invite friends (in game or not) I didn't see them coming into the party, after that the bug stills.
    Anyway I managed to get friends into the party by doing this: (after the previous try)

1-Open steam overlay from smite.
    2-Click on the friend with smite open.
    3-Select PLAY GAME.
    4-Invite all the friends to join the party by the smite game invite, they will receive the message on steam.

Finally we can party as a clan with this workaround!

New Member Cupidhead Chibichump's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The problem comes down to if you don't have anyone else on, you're screwed. WTF Hi-Rez