Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Change of plans... Farewell Smite (Swan Song)

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ViralMarketer View Post
    Watching that last conquest video makes me think that all these years of playing have gone to naught. I use to build like that when I was account lvl 5.

And play like that too.
    don't be so hard on yourself. you have just adopted a different play style during your time. there's nothing wrong with that.

Member Worshipper
    Achievements:
    there has been a change of plans. in my last upload post i explained that i will be uploading an assault where i used poseidon. as i was reviewing the footage in my upload queue i was reminded of a different match that was originally going to be one of my first uploads to the gaming channel before i decided to leave this game. i uploaded that one instead.

from now on i will most likely be uploading in random order. however you can look forward to footage of extremely rare rank 10 hades assault gameplay. those of you who have been reading the earlier posts in this thread know that it is extremely rare for me to use hades anymore unless i get stuck with him in a random selection or something. hades is one of my top 5 characters with the most play time but i mostly used him in conquest during my very early years on this game and i stopped using him before they turned him into a mage. do i still have any skill at all with hades? you will find out when the video is uploaded eventually.

for now i present pro noobis gameplay. this time the video title is more accurate so that wannabe trolls can't make up random nonsense about the contents of the video without even watching the video while pretending that they are right even though it is the exact opposite while in their eyes i am always at fault for no apparent reason and they pretend like i am talking directly to them when i am in fact just making general statements but they help keep this thread as the most popular non sticky thread on the first page of these forums so their posts just end up making me happy anyways. grab a snack and enjoy the show.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Member Worshipper
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It makes you at least known.

Unlike being a self proclaimed elite player, which is 99.99999999999% BULLSHIT.

For example:

OP has stats available on SmiteGuru

So you can see that this "God" of Assault, has a lower ELO than I do, is only top 11.66% global win rates (Compared to me being in top 2.01%) and plays mostly Zeus, Loki, KKK and Hades...

I'm not even that good, but seriously, it's hilarious if this guy actually thinks he's an amazing player and has worse stats while playing gods that are really OP in Assault (Except Loki, he sucks)
    this post is mainly for the purpose of continuing the discussion we were in the middle of and being informational. despite what i may say i have no intention of bashing you, since i have no reason to do so. i was intending to go into this deeper after your response to my first response to the quote above, but due to that misunderstanding things just got dragged out and i eventually assumed you were too embarrassed over your mistake to reply. you don't have to worry about it, but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. i also didn't have the time because of the deep delve i will be doing.

i mainly want to discuss stats, the way you compare stats, and why you are misunderstanding the point of stats. i can prove all of my claims quite easily. thanks to you i got quite good at using smiteguru. it is a very useful and fun tool. admittedly i still don't understand what the percentage values are based on (like top 20% and stuff). i explained one major way in which you misunderstand the comparing of stats before, but i never explained why. at least not in proper detail. let's delve deeper into the match stats to observe the individual character stats within those matches, and within the game modes of those matches. this will give us an accurate telling of our individual numbers with those characters and why it is just not practical to compare our stats with them in a definitive way.

you once told me
    "I've never had any control over the characters/who I'm matched with either. Since I picked up the Ultimate God Pack pretty early on and in fact, played the vast majority of gods for the first time ever, in games of Assault. So, this excuse falls a little flat I'm afraid."
    this paints a picture that you have played assault on the same level as i have and therefore because some of your unrelated stats were higher than mine it means you are undoubtedly the superior player and that this picture was an absolute fact. in the quote at the top of this post you implied that my top 5 are my most played in assault and that they are all OP with the exception of loki. the reason why this is simply an unfair claim is because assault does not work that way. if you actually main assault like i do then you would know that. simply playing assault is not the same as main in it.
    behold...
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Jakomaru/gods

move to the assault tab. apparently my most used character in assault is Tyr with 78 total matches played. now if you move over to the "all modes" tab and find tyr i have a total maximum played matches of 82. outside of assault i have only used tyr 4 times since his release. however if you check my match history which spans almost two years, you will barely see tyr on those pages. in my opinion, it really doesn't feel like i have used tyr too much in assault. i don't even like tyr too much. yet he is my most used assault character. this is the nature of main in assault. nothing is promised. perhaps you are starting to form a picture of what i am getting at now.

you have probably noticed that three of my top 5 most used characters is in my top 5 most used assault characters. it's probably not a coincidence. ever since the reroll and trade feature came to assault we have been given a minuscule amount of control over the characters we use in assault. my top 11 most played characters in assault have fairly comparable matches played though. as i pointed out earlier, the fact that tyr is at the top spot proves my point.

now let's draw some comparisons in a similar manner in which you were doing so, and then i will explain why those comparisons are simply not fair. i will not talk about how you have way more total deaths than me despite the fact that you have roughly half of my matches played and you do not main in assault like i do, which is a game mode where the only escape from the enemy is death. we are still on the topic of comparing individual character stats. however, we are still going to assume that you play assault on the same level as i do because this is what you were implying in your post.

let's observe your top 5 characters played: http://smite.guru/profile/pc/Relanah
    i will post two pictures in which one will display your top 5 character stats in the assault game mode. the other picture will show my stats of the same characters from the same game mode. fair warning, my photoshop game is not very pro.

(the numbers after the percentage number is K/D/A)

Rel

Jak

this comparison is completely useless in determining which player has the better stats in the context of which player is better in general. the reason this comparison is useless is because i am comparing your top 5 used character stats with my stats on the same characters when i don't use them much and our matches played with those characters are hardly comparable. the problem with the stats comparison you made between us is that it was done in a similar manner. this method of comparison simply does not work.

but hey if i'm mistaken feel free to explain your part.

Member Worshipper
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I'm not even that good, but seriously, it's hilarious if this guy actually thinks he's an amazing player and has worse stats while playing gods that are really OP in Assault (Except Loki, he sucks)
    a much more accurate comparison would be for example, if we compare characters in assault that we have similar play times with. i went over our lists quickly to see if there are any (i might have missed some). we have very similar matches played with hel and nu wa. the problem here is that hel has two completely different play styles that can be switched between and not all players use her for the same purposes. when it comes to nu wa, i'm rank 10 with nu wa so it's not a fair comparison for that reason alone.

aside from that, there are many variables that can go into a difference in stats. if what you said is accurate, then both of us are players who mainly queue solo. this means we are always at the mercy of RNG for who we will team up with. teamwork can drastically change the flow of battle and the numbers you can pull from the battle. other variables include play style. play styles such as: support, healer, melee dps, ranged dps, poker, some type of hybrid, etc. in this game i have trained to quickly and properly adapt to any play style and i can play every play style with at least fair decency. i play most play styles excellently, however this is not the case for everyone, and as you know in assault some play styles are not very useful simply because of the nature of the game mode.

on that note, in the quote above you flat out claimed that loki sucks in assault. this claim is highly debatable and i can prove it wrong right now. the usefulness of loki in assault is mostly based on the composition and teamwork of both teams, as well as their knowledge in utilizing assets. i will admit that since i am rank 10 with loki i can override most scenarios and simply destroy the enemy team regardless, but this is not always the case, and i used loki in assault many times before i reached the skill level of a rank 10 with him. behold...

Exhibit A.1

as you can see, i was using loki and i have more kills than the rest of my team combined, and i only died twice. we don't even have a healer and my team fed the enemy quite a bit. we even have he bo and medusa who can be quite OP. perhaps you noticed my low player damage. this is what i was referring to earlier. using loki in assault is very difficult to be a damage dealer. his damage is meant to be precise and deadly. look at my enemy team. most of their physical protections and health are very low. i most likely used loki to secure kills before they escape, as well as burn down stray targets quickly.

"SomeRandom: jakomaru! you lie! i see a ganesh on your team and he has 28 assists! he also did not die a lot which means the only reason you have kills is because ganesh passive gave you those kills! besides, the enemies you are facing are all physical so clearly an unfair matchup!"

fair point. with ganesh on the board it is almost impossible to tell exactly what went down. fortunately i have another example.

Exhibit B.1

this time there is no ganesh and my stats in this battle are fairly comparable to the stats in the previous battle. the battle lasted slightly longer, but i have more damage and still a good amount of kills.

it is incredibly important to note that many more variables were at play here. enemy team had a tank and two healers (i'm admittedly still not sure if hades can still heal team with his 3). my team had no tank and no healers. even then loki still played a good part.

Exhibit B.2

as you can see, on top of everything i explained above, enemy team was mostly a premade as well. despite those incredible odds a loki came through.

"SomeRandom: you are still lying jakomaru! just because you got lucky stats with loki this one time doesn't mean anything!"

fair point, however it should be considered that since my stats were similar in both battles then we can count the first battle as well in terms of the potential usefulness of loki in assault. even so, i have another example.

Exhibit C.1

as you can see, in a battle that lasted 10 minutes longer than the last battle i was able to attain drastically more damage, with similar stats otherwise. in this particular case, 3 of the 5 characters on both teams are the exact same and one of the two unique characters on enemy team can take the form of any other character. you may have also noticed that my builds through the three battles are very similar too. these factors can help provide consistency in my main point. you might have also noticed that my assists in this battle more than doubles the assists i had in previous battles. this may or may not mean anything.

in this battle everyone made it to lvl 20 and everyone completed their build. is there a more fair example?

"SomeRandom: stop it jakomaru you can't trick me. i can see the kills and deaths of the enemy team. you are hiding something. show me the other page you liar!!! you are deliberately trying to hide important information that will completely falsify your claim!"

very well...

Exhibit C.2

i shall explain what this means. as you can see, the majority of the enemy team were fairly new to the game compared to my team. i don't know about the thoth on my team, but as you can see the xbal and cuchu on my team have comparable account levels to some players on the enemy team. admittedly, i think the levels on display might reflect the level accounts are currently at rather than the level accounts were at when the match was recorded (i'm not entirely sure). this may or may not mean anything.

it is important to take into account that enemy team was a complete premade. surely their potential for good teamwork was most likely superior to my team. my team on the other hand had two players in a party which often leads to broken teamwork.

in any case, my main point is that it is wrong to claim that loki sucks in assault without any context. my evidence has proven my point. in each of the battles i cited, loki has played an excellent role in aiding the team.

but hey i could be wrong. maybe i'm the only player in the game who can use loki well in assault?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Well cya hope you find something else to play what will be fun for you

Closing
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*