Thread: 5.23 Feedback: Ah Puch nerf!?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

5.23 Feedback: Ah Puch nerf!?

Of all gods Ah Puch! Wtf!?

I've personally had no problems with Ah Puch ever, every time I got killed by him it was my fault because I failed to juke or wait for him to use his Undead Surge. He is incredibly counter-playble.

This is a contrast to gods like Baron, Hera and Vulcan (I hope Vulcan doesn't get nerfed though because he's one of my go-to gods).

Eventhough I love Vulcan, I have to admit Vulcan is a little overtuned in the right hands. I'm going to leave it at that.

Baron's slow is way way worse than Ah Puch's slow. Ah Puch's slow is highly projected and it is very easy to notice when he has used it thanks to very obvious sound effect. It has a slow projectile speed. By contrast. Baron's slow has comparatively worse visual and auditory cues. Even if he uses it he cannot be punished as well as Ah Puch due to the insane heal/movement speed buff from his 2.

Hera's 3 is the best defensive ability in the game. It's very difficult to bait. You might catch Vulcan without his CDs because he uses them for damage, but it is almost impossible to catch Hera without her 3. And even if she uses it, 5s duration!!

He bo needs a buff. Most of his skills are just obsolete, I would restore the power of his passive.

Artio needs a nerf. I can't put my finger on it. Possibly life tap range is too high.

Get ready for a lot of Vamana pentas from his ult buff. Atleast reduce the duration or something.
    Last edited by Geff; 12-20-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 1,010
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    Of all gods Ah Puch! Wtf!?
    Because he needed it lol, people really got to get it out of their heads that Ah Puch is worst god F- Tier unviable.

After they uber buffed him he was too oppressive. Just because you don't have issues with him doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. Also Baron's slow even after getting the insanity requirement is still worse than Ah Puch. Undead Surge at max rank (now) is 40% for 2s in a large aoe, Baron's lasts for 1.75s eventually going to a root, but 99% of the time its going to hit one target comparatively to Ah Puch's entire kit of aoe circles.

Hera's 3 is the best defensive ability in the game..
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-20-2018 at 03:21 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Because he needed it lol, people really got to get it out of their heads that Ah Puch is worst god F- Tier unviable.

After they uber buffed him he was too oppressive. Just because you don't have issues with him doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. Also Baron's slow even after getting the insanity requirement is still worse than Ah Puch. Undead Surge at max rank (now) is 40% for 2s in a large aoe, Baron's lasts for 1.75s eventually going to a root, but 99% of the time its going to hit one target comparatively to Ah Puch's entire kit of aoe circles.

You are disregarding kit. Does Ah Puch have any stuns or roots? No he doesn't (disregarding the highly circumstantial heal reliant one). Does he have any movement speed buff? No he doesn't. He has a highly circumstantial heal, which he is never going to get as he is trying to self peel from an assassin.

What does Ah Puch do if an assassin catches him without his 1 (i.e any intelligent assassin)? Ult? That's going to stop them? By contrast, all three of Baron's abilities as well as his ult can foil the plans of an assassin, most especially the movement speed buff.

As for the skills you liked, again you are disregarding the kit. two of them belong to guardians and the other 3 belong to gods that have too go to melee close range to do damage (i.e they have to put themselves in danger), a well positioning Hera never needs to get to close range and always has her shield available.
    Last edited by Geff; 12-20-2018 at 03:51 AM.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    You are disregarding kit. Does Ah Puch have any stuns or roots? No he doesn't (disregarding the highly circumstantial heal reliant one). Does he have any movement speed buff? No he doesn't. He has a highly circumstantial heal, which he is never going to get as he is trying to self peel from an assassin.
    He doesn't have a lot of CC, but he has a metric fuckton of damage that has a long range. In addition to his ult which is a MASSIVE area denial.

He's was highly prioritized in the competitive scene and has been doing well in ranked (Except for exactly Silver tier)

As such, they felt that he needed a bit less duration on his slow and ult.

For the most part, Ah Puch won't feel it. Since, 2s vs 3s duration on the slow from his 1 is irrelevant for him given that you just detonate the corpses immediately anyway and then you've got nothing to follow up with (If the target is even still alive) and he'll still massively zone an area out. Just not for quite as long.

As for the skills you liked, again you are disregarding the kit.
    Then maybe you should have said "Hera has the best defensive kit in the game" so he could have proven you wrong in a way you'd pay attention to...

As it is, Hera's shield is not the best defensive skill in the game. Not only that, but the fact that you think Hera's don't use their shield offensively kind of shows the level of skill you're playing at.

Against good players, Hera needs to offensively use her shield so that Argus has the speed to actually go and do something before he gets blown up. Then, 5 second duration on a mere 600 health shield won't stop most focus fire. Given that she's still going to be a squish mage with no mobility. If anything her Polymorph is the biggest thing for her own survivability since 2 seconds of being unable to attack as well as dealing a ton of damage (Also, slowing so making landing her 1 easier) shuts down a ton of potential divers.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Ah Puch shines in conquest because he'll slow just long enough for the gank and makes fighting under a phoenix suicide with his ult (both when defending and sieging)

I honestly use my shield on Hera to chase and when i drop Argus, only need it to get out of trouble when my team mates fail at tank/gank/peel.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids