View Poll Results: Do you "enjoy" the new queue system?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate it!

1 50.00%
  • I can live with it!

1 50.00%

Thread: What is the benefit of this "new" queue system??

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ngar's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Angry What is the benefit of this "new" queue system??

Srsly, what is the benefit ????

From my point of view there is NON!!!

Right now, YOU decide you will invite after x:xx minutes - even this number comes from a statistic algorithm there is NO WAY to tell exactly when the 10th player will join the queue.

So one of two things will happen:

A: 10 people are sitting in the queue waiting for this timer to end - for NO reason

or

B: the invite comes in WITHOUT 10 people in the queue - where is the point in that ??? Just annoying players!!
    In addition most of the people will stay in queue so there is no need to wait for 10 people to join. This means 10 people are even faster available but we have still to wait the FULL time of this annoying timer as we would wait for 10 missing players.

You had this bullshit in beta and it was bullshit then and it is bullshit now!!! Get rid of this, FAST!!! PLEASE

Why did you bring this even back????

Where is the benefit???? Obviously NOT for the player!!! Except you call seeing 4 or 5 times in row on a 4+ minutes queue "We are unable to find enough player" a benefit....

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    the benefit is when 30 players are in queue, the top 10 will play each other, the middle 10 will play each other, and the bottom 10 will play each other, in terms of matchmaking ratings.
    The previous Version just grabbed 10 people who were "relatively" close in terms of ELO, but this could be a huge disparity.

THAT SAID, i still get games where a seasoned veteran or two like myself ends up with 2-3 newbies with their thumbs up their butt building stupid stuff not taking beads against Ares/Nox/Medusa/etc and all around diving hard and going -10 (or tanks who don't peel for their team and allows the enemy to single out a squishy over and over, seriously, i had a game go 5/14 on FREYA last night because my team mates were doing who knows what while i was constantly run down by 3 people, because hey Terra can't be bothered to stun or root these bastards while i get 100-0'd)
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ngar's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Achievements:
    Fair point - IF this is working this way...

AND there is no need to accomplish what you describe by inviting after a specific waiting time. Just wait for 30 ppl - separate them by calculated skill level - create 3 games - and send the invite.

The fact that way to often NO game come together indicates otherwise! 3 times in a row receiving "not enough player" looks more like a forced invitation without enough player in queue to even bring a game together.

This is the most annoying thing in this system. I am doing some stuff on my desktop, getting an invite - get "hope" - NO game - desktop - invite - NO game - over and over again. DO NOT INVITE IF NOT ENOUGH PLAYER AVAILABE!!!!
    Last edited by Ngar; 12-16-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngar View Post
    Fair point - IF this is working this way...

AND there is no need to accomplish what you describe by inviting after a specific waiting time. Just wait for 30 ppl - separate them by calculated skill level - create 3 games - and send the invite.

The fact that way to often NO game come together indicates otherwise! 3 times in a row receiving "not enough player" looks more like a forced invitation without enough player in queue to even bring a game together.

This is the most annoying thing in this system. I am doing some stuff on my desktop, getting an invite - get "hope" - NO game - desktop - invite - NO game - over and over again. DO NOT INVITE IF NOT ENOUGH PLAYER AVAILABE!!!!
    Sounds more like a region issue, or your ELO is so low you're always in the bottom cut and it doesn't have a multiple of 10 in queue. The priority buff should be getting you in a game though, so it really probably is the region server you're on.

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Sounds more like a region issue, or your ELO is so low you're always in the bottom cut and it doesn't have a multiple of 10 in queue. The priority buff should be getting you in a game though, so it really probably is the region server you're on.
    Sounds more like you don't know wtf you're talking about. I have 63% win over 500+ games and only play cq on na servers. I have the same issue as the op. There was a reason they got rid of it years ago.it was shit.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    Sounds more like you don't know wtf you're talking about. I have 63% win over 500+ games and only play cq on na servers. I have the same issue as the op. There was a reason they got rid of it years ago.it was shit.
    And your point? I've got a 51% win rate across over 4100+ games not including adventures. Your ELO resets regularly and will reset twice as often next season. If you're not finding games in timed queues you're either:
    A - in a low population queue in a low population region and/or at a low population time
    B - in the bottom of the ELO in a queue who's total player count can't make a full game (hence given priority status so you make it into the next lowest matched game)
    C - have crappy net service with a restrictive NAT and/or a firewall preventing the matchmaking system from plugging you into a group so it passes you over.

You're playing conquest, a mode that has a low population except durring peak hours, most of the players before noon and after like 7pm EST are tired casuals playing the fast match modes or turning their brains off in assault. Especially ranked.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    My assumption was that it worked like Vlentis said, but the reasons you get could not placed in match message was 1 of 2 things.

1. At the point of the invites there is going to be between 1 and 9 players who cued but won't get in bc the matchmaker did not have an exact tound number of persons on cue e.g. 156 persons are in cue so it starts 15 games and 6 people will be recued.

2. I assume at the time the invites are sent out the system already has determined which players match up in terms of elo. Hence if the invite goes out and someone didn't accept the cue the mm would fail similar to how it used to in the other system before the change. The difference is instead of telling you x player did not accept the cue you get the generic message the system could not find a match bla bla bla

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Wait until Role Queuing happens. I think they are doing it some weird way from comments made so far but I expect the community will learn just how few people play Support in Conquest and that will have an affect of some kind on matchmaking.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Wait until Role Queuing happens. I think they are doing it some weird way from comments made so far but I expect the community will learn just how few people play Support in Conquest and that will have an affect of some kind on matchmaking.
    Yeah you pick your prefered and back up role, then when queue pops you're "assigned" a role, but you could still end up not getting it. Example:

Player 1 Queues ADC or Mid > Gets ADC
    Player 2 Queues Solo or Mid > Gets Solo
    Player 3 Queues ADC or Mid > Gets Mid
    Player 4 Queues Jungle or ADC > Gets Jungle
    Player 5 Queues Jungle or Solo > Get's Support

So even picking two preferences you can still get forced into a role, it's just less likely.

I'm Queuing Solo-Support so i don't generally have to worry~