Thread: FP sale

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!

FP sale

Aaaaand here's the reason the bar was set so high for Demonic Thanatos. So i gotta ask Hi-Rez, did you seriously think we'd shell out for this even on sale?

Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Pretty much what I was thinking lel.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Apparently, people have been buying FP even without the sale...

So... I dunno, maybe they do think people will just direct buy Demonic Thanatos with a FP sale...

People are idiots and keep shelling out stupid amounts of cash on all of Hi-Rez's dumb ideas, like chests and FP...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Apparently, people have been buying FP even without the sale...

So... I dunno, maybe they do think people will just direct buy Demonic Thanatos with a FP sale...

People are idiots and keep shelling out stupid amounts of cash on all of Hi-Rez's dumb ideas, like chests and FP...
    yep many people got demonic not much longer after it was added and they were waiting for new level rewards to be added so they can get them
    hell there were even few people who bought the skin when only lv10 rewards were there and complained why they haven't gotten other level rewards
    i bet they are all going angry right now prolly cuz Hirez having a sale now but they paid more to get the skin so yeah as long as there are people like that we will never see chests and things like this go away
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Is that even considered a T5 though? I mean i get that it's technically a reskin of the T5 Thana skin final form but it doesn't evolve does it? So that at best makes it a T4 which i might be wronv but don't T4s go for 600ish gems?

The cost to get that skin by purely purchase is aboit 48000 gems ($600). Or let's say you are intended to at the very least grind the actual season pass up to lvl 31. The cost is still 24000 gems ($300), just as ridiculous.

Most people I see complaining are around 60k. Even after grinding smite for 1 entire year assuming you are at about 60k the best price for this skin taking into consideration the current fp sale and an impending gem sale would be $67 for 8000 gems to pay for 20k fp.

And as for the whole Mixer nonsense, I really don't get why all these extra fp are being awarded for logging into Mixer when most of the community actively admits they just leave it running while doing other stuff.

The funny thing is this does not compare in the least to the actual T5 skin at least from my perspective. Furthermore I think the tech skin looks better and that cost 400 gems (600 if you bought it after the release patch).

Excellent job hirez

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by jackz2kxx View Post
    Is that even considered a T5 though? I mean i get that it's technically a reskin of the T5 Thana skin final form but it doesn't evolve does it?
    It's essentially T4.5.

Somewhere a bit higher than T4 due to being a recolour of a T5, but not quite a T5 as it doesn't evolve/change.
    The cost to get that skin by purely purchase is aboit 48000 gems ($600). Or let's say you are intended to at the very least grind the actual season pass up to lvl 31. The cost is still 24000 gems ($300), just as ridiculous.

Most people I see complaining are around 60k. Even after grinding smite for 1 entire year assuming you are at about 60k the best price for this skin taking into consideration the current fp sale and an impending gem sale would be $67 for 8000 gems to pay for 20k fp.
    The thing is, you have to think about how many will complain... Then still buy the damn thing.

It happens a lot with chests. A new skin will come out in a huge chest with like 100+ items in and people will complain that they dropped $100-400 on gems in order to get the 1 skin they wanted.

Every time.

Which is extremely counterproductive, since spending that money just reaffirms that it's worth doing these things because they're profitable...
    And as for the whole Mixer nonsense, I really don't get why all these extra fp are being awarded for logging into Mixer when most of the community actively admits they just leave it running while doing other stuff.
    It's to entice people into actually watching stuff on Mixer.

That, and they actually benefit from having views on streams, much like how Twitch gives you bonuses if you maintain higher numbers. Due to ad revenue and the like.

The funny thing is this does not compare in the least to the actual T5 skin at least from my perspective. Furthermore I think the tech skin looks better and that cost 400 gems (600 if you bought it after the release patch).

Excellent job hirez
    Yeah, happens with a lot of stuff. They release really nice direct purchase skins and then make their exclusives that cost a ton more hilariously bad value...

But then again, people will spend the ridiculous amounts of money to get the exclusives because they can, even if they also complain about the costs, and as such, Hi-Rez is basically being given the green light to keep on doing that exact thing over and over again to get huge profits as long as these whales keep opening their wallets for literally anything that's thrown at them.

No wonder 2018 is Smite's most profitable year ever.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I remember when some people first got the Thana skin, they stopped using it saying it made them easier to get killed due to hitbox issues.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, happens with a lot of stuff. They release really nice direct purchase skins and then make their exclusives that cost a ton more hilariously bad value...

But then again, people will spend the ridiculous amounts of money to get the exclusives because they can, even if they also complain about the costs, and as such, Hi-Rez is basically being given the green light to keep on doing that exact thing over and over again to get huge profits as long as these whales keep opening their wallets for literally anything that's thrown at them
    I get it. But it's still disgusting to think that HiRez would offer a skin at such a ridiculous cost to begin with. At the start of the season I thought they were going to do 1 of 2 things to help players get to the 80k fp.

1. Have monthly 2x / 3x events. While i know there have been quite a few party up events that give 2x, many players simply don't benefit from those. They should have done more straight 2x.

2. I thought the tier 31 chest might have been a troll chest with 40k xp or at least 20k fp, as previous seasons ended at tier 30.

I really didn't think people were actually expected to get to 80k fp straight grinding.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I mean i ground out 15k in one 3x weekend (i was very sleep deprived at the end) with FP boosters so it's doable if you have the time but how many of us can throw away that much time that often.

And yeah Tier 4.5 sounds accurate, like Ragnarok Hades and that Mech Assault Anubis who uses the Demonic Anubis skeletal rig.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids