View Poll Results: Do you like the new UI?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 7.69%
  • No

12 92.31%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Im usually not one to complain (new UI)

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Im usually not one to complain (new UI)

But the new UI is shit. Uggly, can barely see lobby chat, can't select class filter on pick screen.

I can live with it if its for having same UI on other consoles etc, I can manage with uggly UI. But basic functionality we always had should really be there.

Also I lost a booster to add more salt when my first lobby crashed. So for those of you reading I would hold boosters for now.

However I got an arena game at 32 ping which is best I had in weeks so +++ for that
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 12-19-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Is it here we sign the petition?

Horrible. The friend list hides everything. The class scroll-filter in lobby has disappeared. You cannot change your avatar&cie during the lobby. The setting button to leave the game has disappeared. When you click on a match queue "just to see", you're sent immediatly in queue. If you want to read the chat and watch it taking your time, you can't, it's sent back in the bottom. The intuitive arrows on the endgame lobby disappeared for a top menu...so, console players cannot use L/R-like buttons or go left/right on arrows? Really? A little arrow to "come back" to a previous menu/page is just not enough...I'm missing the "home" button...
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

Junior Member Cupidhead Soonkay's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Angry New UI is very UGLY

The new UI is very ugly, idk how can u release this patch with UI like that, Its laggy, showing friend liste takes lot of time to show up.

Its CONSOLE UI and not PC.

Please Update a NEW UI looking better, not just console UI remake.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yeah, the new UI is absolute arse.

Not only is it incredibly ugly, but many things are just outright inferior to the previous one.

Like, how do you make the god select filters WORSE? They were already pretty dire to begin with, now they're just unusable. Sorting between "Physical" and "Magical" gods is utter garbage compared to having each class as options (Which, ironically, is still there under the "Gods" screen as it uses the old, not as garbage UI for that)

Timers are more vague. Apparently it's too hard to put MM:SS and now it's consolidated down to rounding up to the nearest minute so, if 2 queues say 2m you have no idea if one is 1:59 and the other is 1:01 and essentially a minute apart.

Can you please fuck off with whatever this new "Rewards" screen is trying to do. I get that it was changed before this new UI was implemented, but seriously it's just crap. Like, it's nice that you auto-pick up your daily log in reward now instead of having to click okay on that pop up, but it also means that having an actual dedicated screen for looking at your progress completely irrelevant and just makes looking for the screen to open chests you get more annoying. Log in tracking could literally be shown on the home screen without taking up much real estate at all (Not to mention, the thing still uses the Favour icon to show the number of Gems you're going to get on days 6/7...)

Just give us a single screen, that lets us look at the chests we have (Including the Triumphant Chests, rather than moving them six ways to Sunday including their current position in the mode selection screen) and open them. That's it. We don't need any more faff than that.

Speaking of which, god the mode selection screen is so bad. Who gives a flying fuck about what the "Featured" modes are? Just give us the fucking list of modes like we've had for years. Heck, you wanna show off "Featured" modes? Just fucking highlight them in the list with any number of effects (Such as a golden border/background with the word "Featured" written on it somewhere), heck you could even do a similar thing and put a "Popular" tag on the mode that is currently being played more than usual. No need for extra screens and tabs to sift through...

Then of course there's the locking in of gods. It's so very minor when someone has locked in a god instead of just hovering, it can be difficult to tell if they even have or not. This should be changed, since locking in a god is a significant deal when you're trying to be a team player and pick a god that works with your composition. The previous way was much more defined in how clear it was...

Now... On to the things that the new UI actually does well:

Being able to mute people in the lobby. It's nice, if someone's spamming shit into chat (Not that you'd know any more given that the fucking chat log is like 2mm tall with this new UI...)

Being able to go back to look at the game modes and thus queue timers while still in a queue (So when you get kicked back to the queue because someone didn't pick a god/left in lobby or the infamous "High priority queue" BS, you can have a look to see if there are any other modes with a shorter queue to swap to)

Uhhh...

That's it. Everything else is just a downgrade from previous...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    yeah I agree. Its like they had an intern design it and put it out without checking. Everything is counter intuitive like picking gods in game where it only give 2 options, physical and magical. The home page feels like what a cheap ripoff of smite would actually look like. You cant even see whos talking in ranked picks and bans because the mic icon is broken. I hope this was just a mistake and it gets reverted because this is just not okay.

Junior Member Cupidhead Jairone's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    The new UI is perfect for console, and that's exactly where it should have stayed.

It's too messy and unclear- there's way too many things squished together. I liked it before because it was simple. You can't even read the chat box properly now.

They've also taken the option to filter by class and change your loadout options in the match lobby for some reason.

This seems to be the biggest problem with Hi-Rez. They try to fix things that aren't broken, and then end up breaking them in the process. Meanwhile, major issues such as server lag and bugs continue to plague the game.
    My mouth is dry from all the salt.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356
    I haven't got any additions.
    This.
    Serious, roll back this UI.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    New UI is the worst shit i have ever seen its the worst decision HiRez have ever made ever since i have been with them its so FREAKING UGLY AND MESSY not to mention you cant even add friends anymore only the ones with who you have played recently and everyone on my friend list and clan list HATES THIS NEW SHITTY UI like why the hell we PC users are forced to use console UI what the hell where is any logic in that?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    It's as beautiful as the skull of a pug.

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Jesus this new UI is hot garbage.

I seriously don't know what they were thinking with this crap. They dumbed it down dramatically, I guess to "make it like the console UI"? Yeah, great, now both sides can have the same crappy UI. Everyone's a winner!

Let's see.

* The friends list now takes up the full freaking screen, instead of just being off to one side, and I remember being able to send a friend request when someone wasn't online, which you can't do now.
    * I can't find a way to put someone on block if they're not online/in a match with you.
    * Mousing over your exp bar doesn't tell you how much exp you have/need for the next level anymore.
    * God select has been made even worse, since you can't sort by role, just by physical or magical. And "new", for some reason, which will only ever have one god, so why even make its own category?
    * The chat window constantly minimizes itself down to two rows high unless you force it to stay open by hitting enter and just leaving it there.
    * Some windows can be closed by clicking the same icon again, others can't and you're forced to ESC or X out of the window.
    * Half the text on the left side of the window could have been shrunk down or consolidated. You don't need Odyssey, Domination, and Season Ticket as their own lines on a list, just put them under "Events".
    * Going to the gods screen when you're not in a game uses the old, better UI, rather than them using the same one in both places, which is just going to point out how flawed the in-match one is to people.
    * The queue rounding to the next minute is awful. If I see "1m" I figure it's about 60 seconds, not 1m 59s.

That's just the stuff I've found in the first 10m or so. Hirez, this was a godawful change, and you seriously need to revert it.