Thread: Vamana buff next patch

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Vamana buff next patch

So I see people talking about the skins and the buffs given to Hades ult. But I haven't seen anyone yet talking about Vamana. His new tweaks to his ult I think will make him more tanky for sure during his ult and more annoying to kill. I think we will be seeing him more now in games. In case you missed it here is what he has gained. Instead of healing for 5% of his health every 1 second he heals every .2 seconds, he also gains a stacking health shield that only lasts the duration of the ultimate which also grows every .2 seconds. He now can also walk freely through any god made/ player deplorable such as Ymir wall, Thor Wall and perhaps one of the bigger ones, Odin ult, etc. So with that in mind he now gains health faster, gets a shield and can walk through any wall a enemy throws up to keep Vamana away from a kill. I think I hit everything there but I may have missed something, I don't think they nerfed anything on him if I can recall correctly but its all buffs. As a rank 5 Vamana myself I think this will be fun and I am excited to see how differently it will work but I wanted to see what your thoughts were on his buffs?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It really just depends on how big his health shield is.

If it's not big enough then it's still just a matter of lel anti-heal = no ult for Vamana.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Cupidhead Heyzoos's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    As someone with over 18000 worshippers on vamana, i think this buff is going to put him exactly where he needs to be. Anti-heal wont completely destroy his ult anymore because of the shield, and the more consistent heal is going to do wonders for him in clutch fights. My only hope is that its not so much of a buff that everyone starts playing him because i feel a sense of ownership with vamana :c

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyzoos View Post
    As someone with over 18000 worshippers on vamana, i think this buff is going to put him exactly where he needs to be. Anti-heal wont completely destroy his ult anymore because of the shield, and the more consistent heal is going to do wonders for him in clutch fights. My only hope is that its not so much of a buff that everyone starts playing him because i feel a sense of ownership with vamana :c
    That was a joke right? You know the scrublord supposed proplayers will pick him if he's op... and then act like they have mained him all along.

Next to follow will be the sheeple that think pros are good.

I myself have vamana 3k worshippers. If he's slightest bit op everyone will be picking him

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post
    That was a joke right? You know the scrublord supposed proplayers will pick him if he's op... and then act like they have mained him all along.

I myself have vamana 3k worshippers. If he's slightest bit op everyone will be picking him
    First of all, why you sound salty about pro players? Did you wanna be one but couldn't?

Secondly, I highly doubt that. Zhong Kui is pretty high tier currently and still sees quite little playtime. People just don't like the looks.
    Rip & Tear

Junior Member Cupidhead Heyzoos's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by STOPB4NNIN6ME View Post

I just want a smite thats perfectly balanced. Where every god is good and OP in their own way, and people play who they like. One day... i wont give up hope.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The only way to perfectly balance is to have literally no new content, and have the game be automated. Player skill and adjusting new things will always sway the weight in more ways than people can anticipate.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyzoos View Post
    and people play who they like.
    This will literally never happen.

Even if they did manage to achieve perfect balance and every god was viable, it wouldn't happen. People would still stick to playing "Meta" gods, which are those gods that are preferred by pro players.

Due to people not realizing that part of the competitive scene trends is actually pretty heavily biased towards the fact that the competitive scene has featured more or less the same people for several years and thus said players have preferred gods they tend to use.

Heck, it's why Fenrir support has become a major thing despite not only the last change he got being pretty minor, but also happening a while before he started seeing play. Since, several pro support players used to play him in support years ago xD
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    First of all, why you sound salty about pro players? Did you wanna be one but couldn't?

Secondly, I highly doubt that. Zhong Kui is pretty high tier currently and still sees quite little playtime. People just don't like the looks.
    Lol...be one? I've beat several. I enjoy having sex and going to the beach... sorry sitting in front of the PC epeening isn't my thing bub.

You should read other threads before opening your mouth, you would look like less of an idiot. The supposed proplayers already stated they do pick the op gods.

Better mage picks than zhong.