Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: add death penalty already

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by dsajdahkdjadad View Post
    your enemy dies as well. If you suicide for a kill you gain more than the person you kill.
    I thought I would humor you regardless of the thread title but I see it's completely a l2p issue.

The person suiciding for a kill is almost always losing compared to the benefits of the person who got dived. Not to mention not every god is equal easy example is a end game adc. #1 thing to not do is ignore the adc while they're penetrating you from behind. Compared to any of the others ones it's not as apparent. Everyone here has pretty much already explained there is already a penalty for dying it's just that if you don't have enough knowledge of the game or can't completely comprehend it, it's not as obvious.

Also to clarify a bit more on why you feel like you're getting dived is because you probably don't understand that Smite is like a game of rock, paper, scissors. Each god and each role has a priority and a amount of respect demanded and required against certain other gods, or balance. If you feel like you're getting dived by 1 person and there's nothing you can do to save yourself, it's your fault. Either you're not skilled enough or you're playing a god that either isn't good enough or is too hard for you. If you don't want to be ran over either get good enough with gods that can't peel for themselves without proper items or don't play bad gods. Play gods that can peel for themselves, can shut down divers by themselves easily, and can run away easily.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 12-02-2018 at 04:56 AM.

New Member Cupidhead dsajdahkdjadad's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

If you have 3/4/5 people diving you, it's not a suicide trade, it's called a Gank... It's literally a core tactic in any MOBA to go and kill people with multiple members
    considering i played dota before it was even popular (10+ years ago) i'd say im pretty aware of how mobas work

however, you didn't understand what i was talking about

in a game where enemy is taking turns to suicide dive kill you, you spend the time fighting off 3-4 suicide bombers and spend half of the game afk at your base so you dont get some idiot suiciding at you the moment you're not at 100% hp and trying to poke

smite is the only game where the problem is this big cus there's modes other than conquest and i don't play conquest as much as them because conquest in this game feels forced and bad, the stat scaling (by items and levels) is outrageous in this game and makes no sense whatsoever. when you're slightly ahead you're not even playing the same game any more. Mobas are casual cus they're mostly easy to pick up (with merely 3-4 skills per char) and cus dumb concepts like ultimates exist where you can just use your ults at better than you people and eventually kill them cus of it. Like, take a league challenger player and put him in gold elo with useless team and have him fight 2-3 enemies even if theyré bad - they'll still kill him cus ults in these games tend to be too strong and when used on 1 person he mostly doesn't stand a chance. All those things are done to shut down the individual and give more power to others.

If enemy has 3 bad melee players and you play a mage and step forward to poke the enemy team with a spell (but not to get out of position and expose yourself) and then they think they can get you killed in their mind but for that they end up out of position and they spend all their skills to put you in an uncomfortable position / or kill you and then die by the rest of your teammates and when there's 3 people doing this - it ends up feeling like the whole game you're just dealing with suicide bombers and it doesn't matter to me that my team gains more than the enemy team cause first its minor (just assist gold) and second it's my team and not myself and i play the game to have fun and how can i have fun if i'm constantly being "sacrificed" for a bunch of randoms to get fed so they can play the game on my back due to some kid suiciding at me?
    If both teams are super good and equal skill level then sure if enemy has 3 people to suicide at me it's worth it because my teammates make up for it but i personally am not having as much fun and also this is never going to be the case and in reality your teammates are not always going to make up for this so you'll have games where you just end up dying and losing.

Suicide in this game is encouraged cus even in conquest where you can't farm then your enemy can't farm as well and in other modes you get gold for it and you don't lose anything. Sure there might be some situations in which being dead is much worse but they are not as many.

There's a reason why sol is my main and that reason is because shes somewhat okay vs suiciders cause of the invulnerability and the amount of people that get baited by it and dying for it and late game the amount of monkeys literally just burning out by the 3 alone is probably over half of my enemies combined. And despite all that it's still a huge issue for me because it's literally all that people do in this game

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

In addition, the altered the maximum respawn time down to 20 seconds from 30 seconds because it didn't feel good when you were hit with such a long respawn time in an even game.

That said, you can still get quadras and pentas. You just gotta git gud. I've actually had a game where someone got a triple penta (Essentially and hepta but the game just repeats "PENTA KILLL!!!!" when you get kills past 5) because wave respawns lets the enemy get back into the action and get murdered again quick enough to still count
    The wave thing existed before I think? I don't like the new my brain after thousands of arena hours still ticks on the old system. Gets me caught by surprise at times still even after so many months. If your down 70 tickets and make a huge comeback teamfight I don't fancy people respawning as you chase down the last kills outside their fountain. Well yes you can but 10 seconds in smite is a very, very long time, it surely makes it more risky if you still wanna win the game mode.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Sounds more like your counterplay needs work. If your playing a squishy, learn to either counter build or just outplay other characters. I'm going to assume that you're a bit lower level, so you probably see a lot of Loki players, as this is cookie cutter Loki strats 90% of the time. A good item to have against him is magis cloak for the free CC immunity, or mantle of discord for a stun/cc immunity. Remember your actives as well, dont be afraid to pop both to survive a dive.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    you can't add it for good reason: because Hi-Rez suck at balance.

lets say you add this thing, then they release some new crazy OP god, who will farm other gods like minions... oh, wait, we actally have one right now, its Pele... so this god will farm your team, if you don't have one in your team ofc., and you all gonna get consecutive deaths and get this penalty.

you will get that penalty just for playing against broken god, wow, such a god mechanic for this game, isn't it?
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by dsajdahkdjadad View Post
    your enemy dies as well. If you suicide for a kill you gain more than the person you kill.

If you go in a game and you have 3-4-5 enemies who keep doing this on you, you simply won't have any fun whatsoever and they'll feel rewarded and encouraged to do it because they gain money and both of you go base.

In this game it's actually the " right play " to not even attempt to survive if you have a high chance of securing a kill and that's bullshit and that's completely demotivating and considering you fight multiple enemies but are always from your own pov it means it'll feel like it's happening to you all the time
    I mean, you gain for the kill, sure. And the person who dies, doesn't gain anything. But his teammates do. So when you look at it from the team perspective, it's still one-for-one. Sure, if you die constantly, it's not fun. But that doesn't mean suiciding needs to be punished more, since it's a terrible strategy to begin with if you're trying to win. Kills are very low importance in this game. Technical kill is usually enough, aka forcing your enemy to back to base. Leaves you plenty of time to get that objective.