Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anti CDs item

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    Make ur up mind OP or moot lol. For me that means situation = good like most counter build should be.
    Except it's not a counterbuild item.

It'd be an item you build early, before people have got much CDR online (If at all) and it would be insanely powerful, to which it would then cause CDR to be counterbuilt in order to mitigate its effect and in some cases (Usually Mages) would then be made redundant with overcapping of CDR.

Neither situation makes this item desirable in any way, shape or form.

Heck, even as a god ability, it still would only make sense (I.e. Not be broken early game) if it was like part of an ult where skills you cast while effected would have increased CD (Much like the reverse of Terra's old ultimate that gave CDR) but even if could make sense, it's still not a particularly good mechanic.

Honestly, the better thing to do, would be to just redesign the items that break the CDR cap (Chronos' Pendant, Spear of Desolation and Genji's Guard) so that no god can have more than 40% CDR outside of specific abilities that have ways to affect their cooldown (Such as AMC's ult being picked up reduces its CD by 80%)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Except it's not a counterbuild item.

It'd be an item you build early, before people have got much CDR online (If at all) and it would be insanely powerful, to which it would then cause CDR to be counterbuilt in order to mitigate its effect and in some cases (Usually Mages) would then be made redundant with overcapping of CDR.

Neither situation makes this item desirable in any way, shape or form.

Heck, even as a god ability, it still would only make sense (I.e. Not be broken early game) if it was like part of an ult where skills you cast while effected would have increased CD (Much like the reverse of Terra's old ultimate that gave CDR) but even if could make sense, it's still not a particularly good mechanic.

Honestly, the better thing to do, would be to just redesign the items that break the CDR cap (Chronos' Pendant, Spear of Desolation and Genji's Guard) so that no god can have more than 40% CDR outside of specific abilities that have ways to affect their cooldown (Such as AMC's ult being picked up reduces its CD by 80%)
    Sorry I dont read walls of text specially not from people who never pass gold = avg.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Sorry I dont read walls of text specially not from people who never pass gold = avg.
    Otherwise known as

"I'm wrong, but I'm too immature to admit defeat nor do I have the mental capacity to formulate an actual counterargument so I'll resort to dismissing people based on arbitrary factors that I make up"
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,676
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    -Using rank as excuse.

-Is Bronze II.

-Has Below 50% Win Rate.

Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    -Using rank as excuse.

-Is Bronze II.

-Has Below 50% Win Rate.

AT least I tried and got to Plat 1 in one of them so I have the exp, She admitted her self she dosent play rank so yea no credit their to be investing time out of so many posts on that wall of text. What you call excuse I call exp.

Funny how you only mention the bronze but not the Diamond. And thats old picture check it now.

Yea from Plat to diamond just recently

http://smite.guru/profile/pc/AIGuardian/ranked
    Last edited by AIGuardian; 12-11-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    AT least I tried and got to Plat 1 in one of them so I have the exp, She admitted her self she dosent play rank so yea no credit their to be investing time out of so many posts on that wall of text. What you call excuse I call exp.

Funny how you only mention the bronze but not the Diamond. And thats old picture check it now.

Yea from Plat to diamond just recently

http://smite.guru/profile/pc/AIGuardian/ranked
    see here is the problem with the whole thing. this is on smiteguru...which has been credited, by Hi-Rez, as NOT ACCURATE

still Relanah has a point and you ignore it because you are lazy and feel that just because she isn't ranked, her input has no value.

her input has value because it yet again states a clear fact

What you are asking for would be; brokenly overpowered early game and totally useless late game. And at best would only be handled into an Ultimate ability.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    see here is the problem with the whole thing. this is on smiteguru...which has been credited, by Hi-Rez, as NOT ACCURATE

still Relanah has a point and you ignore it because you are lazy and feel that just because she isn't ranked, her input has no value.

her input has value because it yet again states a clear fact

What you are asking for would be; brokenly overpowered early game and totally useless late game. And at best would only be handled into an Ultimate ability.
    Lets say you are a father of 2 with a very time consuming job. You are an above avg. car mechanic. A random tricycle builder comes at you and tries to tell you how to do your job. Wold you waist your time with him? Come one keep it real u wouldn't. You would listen to = or better car mechanics.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Lets say you are a father of 2 with a very time consuming job. You are an above avg. car mechanic. A random tricycle builder comes at you and tries to tell you how to do your job. Wold you waist your time with him? Come one keep it real u wouldn't. You would listen to = or better car mechanics.
    Except this isn't Cars and Tricycles. Item's and God abilities are consistent at all levels and modes of play. Mechanical skill =/= understanding every item and ability, i often beat players far better than me at aiming and attack cancelling simply because i counterbuild them perfectly and can afford to take and miss more hits than they can.

A more accurate comparison is two mechanics both with years experience, one who works a shop fixing busted cars and one who's a hobbyist who works on their own vehicles to improve their performance. I'd trust the latter more.

Your parental status and how much time you're at work is a moot element and only serves as an attempt to manipulate the sympathy of others (I'm quite the con-man, your words have no power here). If I could juggle my nephew, double shifts, gaming and sleep, you can too, it's called time management, caffeine, and knock off Benadryl on those nights you're wired.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Junior Member Cupidhead HeroicSkipper's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    AI Guardian focus on the topic and stop trying to compare sizes. The two bronzes are in two modes where you can't group up with others. Joust I'm fairly certain is the only one which you can still party up for and get carried. Probs gonna talk trash about me now because I only placed for ranked duel and don't play other modes because people don't like to have fun there. idgaf

Anyway, anti cooldown items seem difficult to implement or even balance. Possibly in the form of an ultimate ability which freeze cooldowns for a short time. but unless if someone was staying within the aura of this item or however it was procd would it simply affect cooldowns of abilities used under the affect or apply as they enter increasing cd timers for abilities off cooldown? And at that point would they go back down to what they were outside of that aura or proc? because you could potentially make sure the enemy can barely ever use their ult if procd the second way. The first way would be slightly easier to balance but would result in more people staring at each other outside of objectives waiting for cooldowns. Then healing meta becomes stronger. Yes there is antiheal, but when you are staring at each other at a distance OoC how is that gonna help?

Freezing cooldowns seems like a decent way to bring it in, but as an ability with a long cooldown like an ultimate. Thing is, stuns and silences also just make it so they can't use abilities. Would have to add something to it. Possibly having your own cooldowns reduced or some self buff.

If it was an item it would end up as a must have or would probably end up like old crusher and new s6 malice which are and will be awkward items which want to do something, but are just so awkward to use that another item would probably end up better.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicSkipper View Post
    AI Guardian focus on the topic and stop trying to compare sizes. The two bronzes are in two modes where you can't group up with others. Joust I'm fairly certain is the only one which you can still party up for and get carried. Probs gonna talk trash about me now because I only placed for ranked duel and don't play other modes because people don't like to have fun there. idgaf

Anyway, anti cooldown items seem difficult to implement or even balance. Possibly in the form of an ultimate ability which freeze cooldowns for a short time. but unless if someone was staying within the aura of this item or however it was procd would it simply affect cooldowns of abilities used under the affect or apply as they enter increasing cd timers for abilities off cooldown? And at that point would they go back down to what they were outside of that aura or proc? because you could potentially make sure the enemy can barely ever use their ult if procd the second way. The first way would be slightly easier to balance but would result in more people staring at each other outside of objectives waiting for cooldowns. Then healing meta becomes stronger. Yes there is antiheal, but when you are staring at each other at a distance OoC how is that gonna help?

Freezing cooldowns seems like a decent way to bring it in, but as an ability with a long cooldown like an ultimate. Thing is, stuns and silences also just make it so they can't use abilities. Would have to add something to it. Possibly having your own cooldowns reduced or some self buff.

If it was an item it would end up as a must have or would probably end up like old crusher and new s6 malice which are and will be awkward items which want to do something, but are just so awkward to use that another item would probably end up better.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids