Thread: Osiris

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Osiris

So for the longest time I have always wanted to get better or even good at playing Osiris. I don't play conquest but I want to play him better on Joust or Clash, not really Arena unless he is viable on there, I am not sure. But much like my little understanding that I had of Cerberus when I asked for tips for him the other day I am never really sure how to build him or really how to use his abilities to the best of their, well, abilities. If anyone could give me some tips on how to decently get better at Osiris i would love it. I really think he is a underdog on Smite, not many people use him. I heard even Weak3n say the other day in a stream that he thought that Hi-Rez would probably either buff him, or add/change a item to make him more viable since he wasn't used in competitive really at all this year. But here is what I am hopefully looking for from this if anyone could help.

A more fully tank build.

And a Bruiser build.

(Not really looking to build him more assassin like so a bruiser build that can tank hits but deal loads of damage is I guess more ideal)

A better understanding of how to build him on the go for different situations

And finally how to use his abilities better in fights, and tips on how to use them for the betterment of my team as well as myself.

I am sure my list here is fairly vast and all the points probably cant be answered such as a "perfect" build for Bruiser but any help would be great, thanks everyone!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Tank build is your standard tank build items:

Midguardian Mail/Hide of the Neaman Lion/Mantle of Discord/Hide of the Urchin/Pestilence/Bulwark of Hope/Stone of Gaia/Mystical Mail/Oni Hunter's Garb

Pick according to the game. Of course, standard Warrior Tabi boots, maybe Reinforced if you feel you need the extra prots vs DoT damage or the CCR.

In addition, pick up a Berserker's Shield or Gladiator's Shield first item for early game sustain (Either one works on Osiris)

For bruiser build:

Void Shield/Ancille/Runic Shield/Mystical Mail/Frostbound Hammer/Masamune/Shogun's Kusari/Shifter's Shield/Stone Cutting Sword

Again with Warrior Tabi and early Glad/Zerker Shield.

As far as skill usage goes:

Always try and use your Spirit Flail (2) on a target hit by your Sickle Strike (1). Doing so refreshes and enhances the slow that Sickle Strike provides (Goes from 20% slow to 40% slow)

Try and land your Judgement Tether (3) on enemy damage dealers and try and keep it on them. Since it gives a massive 25% reduction in damage output at max rank. Even if they're attacking someone else, they'll be doing a lot less damage so long as the tether is active (Also, they'll be trying to get away to avoid the stun). If possible, try and activate it after forcing out their mobility skills, but don't try too hard, it's better to force them back than to sit there face tanking damage waiting for the ideal opportunity.

The biggest thing to learn is how to use Lord of the Afterlife (4) as it is quite versatile so the optimal usage can vary quite a lot. Sometimes you'll save it as an escape, to jump out of a fight when you're getting low. Sometimes you'll use it purely for mobility to jump at a target (Usually one that just themselves used a mobility skill to get away). Sometimes you'll use it just to get a fully stacked passive again (Since it will instantly put you to 8/8 stacks) and sometimes you'll try and land on someone for the damage and anti-heal. While sometimes you'll just use it for the CC immunity you get while leaping.

A big part of Osiris comes from being able to read the situation and figure out the best usage of his ultimate. As it's not so straight forward (Ironically when the rest of his kit is mostly just W+M1 while spamming 1+2 ). But as long as you can get into the backlines and be a nuisance to the enemy squishies by slamming them in the face a bunch while tethering them you can get some good value from Osiris while you learn how you want to use his ult.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The playstyle of osiris is also something you have to mentally adjust to.
    With tyr and vamana you want to get in there and wreck as much havock as possible and draw attention to yourself.

Osiris have to be more patience, you are more often gonna find yoursel in the frontline of your team than in the enemies backline. You are also there to draw attention to yourself, but from a different angel.
    Make them fear you, if they get to close they will take your wrath
    If they get to passive you will patently poke them down and then force their hands by going all out.

Lategame is all about the mentall game, use the last strategy and absorb their abilties so your team can attack when they are weak

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Thank you guys so much. Diffidently gonna go try these tips out! Can't wait to try to play him better now.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Tank build is your standard tank build items:

Midguardian Mail/Hide of the Neaman Lion/Mantle of Discord/Hide of the Urchin/Pestilence/Bulwark of Hope/Stone of Gaia/Mystical Mail/Oni Hunter's Garb

Pick according to the game. Of course, standard Warrior Tabi boots, maybe Reinforced if you feel you need the extra prots vs DoT damage or the CCR.

In addition, pick up a Berserker's Shield or Gladiator's Shield first item for early game sustain (Either one works on Osiris)

For bruiser build:

Void Shield/Ancille/Runic Shield/Mystical Mail/Frostbound Hammer/Masamune/Shogun's Kusari/Shifter's Shield/Stone Cutting Sword

Again with Warrior Tabi and early Glad/Zerker Shield.

As far as skill usage goes:

Always try and use your Spirit Flail (2) on a target hit by your Sickle Strike (1). Doing so refreshes and enhances the slow that Sickle Strike provides (Goes from 20% slow to 40% slow)

Try and land your Judgement Tether (3) on enemy damage dealers and try and keep it on them. Since it gives a massive 25% reduction in damage output at max rank. Even if they're attacking someone else, they'll be doing a lot less damage so long as the tether is active (Also, they'll be trying to get away to avoid the stun). If possible, try and activate it after forcing out their mobility skills, but don't try too hard, it's better to force them back than to sit there face tanking damage waiting for the ideal opportunity.

The biggest thing to learn is how to use Lord of the Afterlife (4) as it is quite versatile so the optimal usage can vary quite a lot. Sometimes you'll save it as an escape, to jump out of a fight when you're getting low. Sometimes you'll use it purely for mobility to jump at a target (Usually one that just themselves used a mobility skill to get away). Sometimes you'll use it just to get a fully stacked passive again (Since it will instantly put you to 8/8 stacks) and sometimes you'll try and land on someone for the damage and anti-heal. While sometimes you'll just use it for the CC immunity you get while leaping.

A big part of Osiris comes from being able to read the situation and figure out the best usage of his ultimate. As it's not so straight forward (Ironically when the rest of his kit is mostly just W+M1 while spamming 1+2 ). But as long as you can get into the backlines and be a nuisance to the enemy squishies by slamming them in the face a bunch while tethering them you can get some good value from Osiris while you learn how you want to use his ult.
    Ok. So i played 2 games of Joust with builds containing these items. Trying to play the best I could with my abilities, getting the slows and then adding the extra 20% on it, getting the stuns and making people back off, and trying to peel for team mates. Still ended up losing both games and having negative K/ds both times. Not sure if it was just bad team mates, or if I didn't peel well enough. I had a Xbalanque that went 4 and 10. Once you get a few kills you really shouldn't have issue with Xbalanque. I had a Jing Wei that would go in and trade for a kill and then say "Welp we are going to lose, f6 or I leave". So its been an interesting night. I have been building warriors blessing first item and then going into either Serk/Gladiators shield, then boots, then depending on who I am getting hurt by more, either magical or physical protections, then a item of whatever opposite that I just got, then a magical and physical protections, and then some kind of damage item as last item. but I think I am going to try not going warriors blessing first and go straight into a shield, either that or go into like defenders blessing and see how that goes. Gonna try a few things but right now its not looking great for me and Osiris. :/

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Osiris is pretty hard to get good value from at the moment I think.

He excels at poke, extended fights and antiheal. Most modes are to explosive in nature at the moment to favor Osiris.

I get him in assault often (and I have played him lots in arena though it was some seasons ago and some in conq) and for some games I build crusher as first item (in assault that is). The idea is not to being a super tank that waddles down the enemy during a fight but to constantly harass the enemy team so they are so weak that they cannot take a fight properly and if they do then you punish them. This don't work in arena as they would just go back once they are not comfortable about their hp and you gained nothing. It doesn't work in conq either I think cause they just get BoV and that is the end of that. So for arena keeping people from retreating is probably a better build, like frostbound, ms item, tanky items etc. Still going dmg item first item as Osiris in arena could work if your team combos and you add your stuff on top and everyone runs away with 5% hp, then you know you needed a dmg item instead.

For joust I could see this mentality work along with other good pokers that can supplement your damage (maybe a thoth) and/or later game characters that you buy time for. But of course it won't work vs all kinds of enemies. You could build early crusher / along with the pen starter item. Once those 2 are finished (you don't even need boots cause you have 10% of passive). You just pressure with your long poke all early game (don't even lv the 3 cause you don't intend to comit that hard yet) to deter enemy team from engaging so your backline whatever that is can get to later game. By mid game you can get tank items, HW, sover, Void etc and then you lv up the 3.

Of course if you have something like a kukulkan that can setup of your slows and stun on 3 then you can just go tanky and try put enemy team in a position where they get stunned so kuku lands his ult/tornado and its gg.

If you build him bruiser and can fit exec in there I would suggest doing so, that way once your assassin joins up the fight they deal way more damage. Osiris is one of the few warriors who actually can pull off an exec due to his tanky nature from passive and skills and his sticky nature due to slows and ghost walk. These days even mages have like 60 base phys prot late game so having an exec is like 20 pen even on a squish, so yeah exec is always better late game on someone like osiris over crusher. Which makes me chuckle every time I see ppl pick this 1 dmg item and they choose crusher. If their jungler picks up Urchín it would be even greater value. Of course it also gives your hunter more Oomph once they go in. Not all hunters wanna start the fight stackin exec, say you fight their warrior and guardian and smack them both around and you have a ho yi that comes in for the bounces and his ult, those exec stacks you provided will matter a whole lot. But if you go exec Osiris make sure you have lots of tank around it so you can stick around long enough for it to matter. This would apply in joust as well, if you wanna kill their frontline quick just focus them with exec and let your hunter come in and finish it, when their backline focus you, you jump over some of the dmg and land either on their front for the kill there or on the back to activate the 3.

and then some kind of damage item as last item. but I think I am going to try not going warriors blessing first and go straight into a shield, either that or go into like defenders blessing and see how that goes. Gonna try a few things but right now its not looking great for me and Osiris. :/
    Yeah dmg item last item doesn't work on Osiris he is the most scary dmg wise early game. If you want to emphasize that go early damage item, then you go tanky. The only dmg item I would pick late with Osiris is exec and make sure you have an ability hunter (or assass) that goes well with it (Ho yi, Chiron, Neith). If you have both exec and Void shield in the build, the exec will first drag down their prots with %. Say a mage with 60 prots, to around 40, then Void will take them down to 20. If your hunter have crusher they are close to 0 prots after all this.

For tanky games start HW so you and team can spam forever.
    For dmg games try pen starter, cruser, into Void shield for even more pen and/or then get straight up tank item like pesti, HW, or that new one that gives movespeed.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 12-01-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Ok. So i played 2 games of Joust with builds containing these items.
    Possibly just team mates. Osiris as a solo frontliner is more of a all-in kind of god. He wants to get in, soak damage and try and just blast the enemy down with his constant pressure letting his allies free-cast.

He kind of lacks when it comes to peel, since his only hard CC is on a delay. He's sort of like Ares where he peels by making the enemy just not want to continue being aggressive 'cause they're dying.

I think I am going to try not going warriors blessing first and go straight into a shield, either that or go into like defenders blessing and see how that goes. Gonna try a few things but right now its not looking great for me and Osiris. :/
    Yeah, Warrior's Blessing isn't so great after its nerf... Best to rush a shield ASAP since that'll give you way more sustain then get boots and you should be able to pressure physicals pretty well.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Well as weird as it is, I decided to switch it up and play a Sun Wukong the other night instead of Osiris, and found that I actually quite enjoy Wukong. I hardly ever play him, but played 3 games and absolutely ate the enemy team in each of those 3 games while also helping my team, and in one game, even carrying them for the first half of the game until they could get caught up in levels. Wukong may be my new favorite warrior... his early game damage is insane, and I played him with blink in all three games which I hardly ever run either but found it so much fun to blink through a wall to hit a 300 damage cudgel on someone who thought they had escaped me at low health and just decimate them when they least expected it. Had too much fun.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Well as weird as it is, I decided to switch it up and play a Sun Wukong the other night instead of Osiris, and found that I actually quite enjoy Wukong. I hardly ever play him, but played 3 games and absolutely ate the enemy team in each of those 3 games while also helping my team, and in one game, even carrying them for the first half of the game until they could get caught up in levels. Wukong may be my new favorite warrior... his early game damage is insane, and I played him with blink in all three games which I hardly ever run either but found it so much fun to blink through a wall to hit a 300 damage cudgel on someone who thought they had escaped me at low health and just decimate them when they least expected it. Had too much fun.
    SWK after his tiny buff is real nice. ADC warriors are not meta atm (except erlang lol). Haven't been able to play ADC bellona for a long time but she still wrecks with her abilities.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    2 things idk if anyone mentioned. Always try and keep your stacks around 6 so u get value from his passive. When in the middle if the fight use that 3 need the mitigation n2m it usually makes ppl awww hell I need to get away.

Zerker shield works better, but if u can land the sickle 80% glad works well. Another defensive item I always build is shotguns IF u went zerker. Nemean over BPoV he already has very short cooldowns. Another tip is level his 1,2,3 and leave his ulty for last its his only out n2m other then dmg nothing else scales on it and more mit off the 3 or dmg on the 1,2 combo is better early game. I kinda just get 6 stacks land a sickle and then run at them beating their ass while they are slowed, they cant get away if you keep landing the combo. I do find him easier to play 1v1 then vs a grip def need another aggressive tank to help and hope to god the dmg follows up.