Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do people do this

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Why do people do this

So was in a game, playing Kuzenbo with a Neith and a Scylla. We were doing great, we had their tower down, they were under leveled and behind in kills. Then Neith left, they killed scylla a few times and I wasnt able to defend tower. So I said "I hope she comes back soon" Scylla responded with "She isnt, she had class". Now why in holy hell would you start a game knowing you had to leave for class? Why do people do this? This isnt the first time I have played with randoms and someone leaves and the person I am left with is just like "Well she had to go shopping" or some shit. Like if you know your about to leave, why join a game and ruin the experience for others because you had to leave. We lost btw, smfh.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Because filthy casuals
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Because filthy casuals
    Pisses me off to be honest. Reported her, I know they wont do anything to her but it made me feel a bit better at least. Also blocked her. If you block someone it makes sure that you dont get another game with them right?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Pisses me off to be honest. Reported her, I know they wont do anything to her but it made me feel a bit better at least. Also blocked her. If you block someone it makes sure that you dont get another game with them right?
    Nope, but sounds like their scheduled free time doesn't overlap with yours so odds are you won't get them again very often.

Achievements:
    Nope, but sounds like their scheduled free time doesn't overlap with yours so odds are you won't get them again very often.
    So block literally means they just cant message you. Thats dumb, they need it where if you block a player then it wont put you two in the same match again.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    If you block someone it makes sure that you dont get another game with them right?
    Nope.

Only prevents them from being able to communicate with you (Mutes them, blocks PM's). Else it would be abusable to filter out good players at high levels to get more favourable matches.

On Topic:

It's a dumb thing people do because they're dumb. Start playing an online game with other people when they have other prior commitments in the near future...

I cannot comprehend the level of stupidity and/or narcissism it takes to actively go and ruin some other people's games just to pass 5 minutes of waiting...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Nope.

Only prevents them from being able to communicate with you (Mutes them, blocks PM's). Else it would be abusable to filter out good players at high levels to get more favourable matches.

On Topic:

It's a dumb thing people do because they're dumb. Start playing an online game with other people when they have other prior commitments in the near future...

I cannot comprehend the level of stupidity and/or narcissism it takes to actively go and ruin some other people's games just to pass 5 minutes of waiting...
    Well its just like last night I had a scylla stop in the middle of lane to go get a cookie. A F*CKING COOKIE! Like why do I get these trolls. I assume you all get your own demons from time to time. But a cookie? We lost that game too cause the scylla would go in and 1 v 3. I just cant handle the amount of stupidity in casual anymore.

Achievements:
    "it's just a game bro"

F**k this mentality. If I put money into my entertainment I want to lose because we were outmatched, not because you're high/drunk/afk/decided to start a game when you had obligations.

Achievements:
    "it's just a game bro"

F**k this mentality. If I put money into my entertainment I want to lose because we were outmatched, not because.you're high/drunk/afk/decided to start a game when you had obligations.
    Exactly. I play to have fun, now if I am out of place and get killed and that ends up costing us the game, thats on me, and I apologize. But when people like a Thanatos I had today went like 2 and 10 cause he would ult in to 1 v 3s, or when Scylla stops mid lane to go get a cookie, or when Neith leaves because of class, that pisses me off, cause your ruining my fun. If we lose and we tried our best thats one thing, we just didnt have a good game, but these trolls, I just can't handle.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    hate those kind of players i was playing joust ranked once this guy said he want to go carry and picked chiron we were like okay 2 mins in the match he said he's going afk because he have to eat like wtf why did you start a match if you knew you had your food served or ready to serve either finish your food and then queue for a match or finish the match and then go eat we kept playing until like 15 mins and he still didn't come back
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!