Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The hypocrisy of trash players in this game

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

The hypocrisy of trash players in this game

This is a topic i wanted to talk about for some time so...

one thing that i find quite stupid and nonsense is some kinds of harrashment reports, so heres the thing,most of my games(id say 4/5) i get stupid teammates that feed and in general are pure trash,so when im carrying these kind of games and trashtalk a teammate that is doing horrible they get mad and cry "report for harrashment" like a stupid 8 yo whose mom needs to censor tv channels so he doesnt get offended, like cmon, grow a fucking pair, if you are being trash at the game and the guy who is carrying your feeding ass trashtalks you, you do what he says and deal with it, nonsense in reporing for harrashment the guy that makes the game not last 10 mis.

just wanted to let the people that report for harrash the ppl that are clearly doing their job and are just calling you out for playing like trash to seriously "GROW A PAIR", if you seriously think that is harrashment youve got a clear problem or you are just 8 years old. like if you report me for trashtalking you when you are playing like shit and im carrying your ass ill just follow the same rules and report you for trolling very simple.

to finish it off i want to let you know a saying of mine that works 100% of the time :"if you dont want me to trashtalk/be toxic then dont be stupidly bad and you wont hear a word from me, simple"

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    You are a toxic player, and should be reported.

There will always be people bad at the game, whether it's because they're just starting out or are having an off day or simply because they are indeed just plain bad at the game. Not everyone is going to be good at everything; we all have things we're bad at both in and outside of smite. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be able able to enjoy them, nor does it give other people the right to insult them for it. The only kind of feeding that's punishable is the intentional kind, aka a Baccus that belly flops into the enemy base and stays there until he dies because he's mad his team refused to surrender. (This has happened to me before, and I do report intentional feeders like this even if their actions ended up benefiting me as they were on the opposite team.)

If your teammate is trying but just plain awful? That's not intentional feeding, and thus not a reportable offense. If you want to be mad at someone take it out on smite's matchmaking instead of your teammate; they can't help it that they got paired above their skill level. If you lash out at your teammate you've given them every reason to report you, and if someone asks me to report a player for harassment I'll do so because nobody should have to sit through that. That wouldn't fly by the teachers in school if you were bullying another kid, and it shouldn't fly in this game either.

To finish it off i want to let you know a saying of mine that works 100% of the time : "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." You can rage at your monitor and cuss them out to yourself all you want, but the second you start typing it out to them in game or yelling it over a shared voicechat, that's when you end up in trouble.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 118; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.

Achievements:
    nonononon, you misunderstood
    theres a difference in being bad but trying and being so bad its impossible to be that bad unless you are TRying to be bad, very simple

Achievements:
    im just plain tired of having to carry every damn game and having very good scores,dmg etc for it to be wasted beacause my team is so bad it counteracts it, it it was just 1 game i wouldnt be writing this, the problem is i get paired with shitty players WAY too often 4/5 games so you reach a point where you just cant help it but trashtalk ppl that are so bad at the game its not even possible to be so ba unless you try to

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    If a person is intentionally feeding. That's a reportable offence.

If a person is slinging harassment. That's a reportable offence.

It doesn't matter how good/bad these players may or may not be. You be a toxic asshole, you get your ass reported.

Also, you may want to review your "Encouragement". Say you weren't doing particularly well in a match. Maybe you're having an off day. Maybe the enemy team has gods that counter you. Maybe something else. If someone on your team started cussing you out, would YOU start magically doing better?

Or is it more likely that cussing people out doesn't help them perform any better and if anything makes them not want to be in that match even more so than they may already feel...

Cursing has its benefits. It helps relieve stress/anger and increases pain tolerance. Being cussed at has 0 benefits.

Grow up.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jackz2kxx's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    The only kind of feeding that's punishable is the intentional kind, aka a Baccus that belly flops into the enemy base and stays there until he dies because he's mad his team refused to surrender. (This has happened to me before, and I do report intentional feeders like this even if their actions ended up benefiting me as they were on the opposite team.)

If your teammate is trying but just plain awful? That's not intentional feeding, and thus not a reportable offense.
    I somewhat disagree. Not that I am suggesting you be toxic toward the player, I am more focused on the reporting aspect of the equation.

I have reported players before who insist on rushing in 1v3 and 1v4 and dying. They typically end matches like 3 kills 17 deaths etc. While you may say they are trying, I still consider that intentional feeding.

By the fact that they die consistenly we all agree the action is feeding. They are making a concious decision to take fights where they have no advantage and no assistance. Repeated vgs calls for retreat don't stop them either. So I think that is also intentional feeding even though they are not flopping into a tower or phoenix and waiting or even running into enemies and jumping around waiting to be killed.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    TL;DR (min 10 char)

Junior Member Cupidhead Jairone's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    You know this is a game, right? The outcome of the match has no impact on your life. If you take a game this seriously then you have some issues.

It's pretty obvious but since you don't seem to understand I'll say it anyway - just because you're tryharding, doesn't mean everyone else on your team has to tryhard too, and you have no right to talk down to them.

Sounds like you need to get a grip. People like you ruin Smite for everyone.
    My mouth is dry from all the salt.

Achievements:
    well guess what mr smartass, i dont enjoy losing, doesnt matter what it is, and if you like losing or dont mind losing then you are the one that has a problem.

also no, people like me dont ruin smite, ppl like me that is used to having to babysit the whole team telling everyone what to do and that carry games are the best kind of player, the ppl that are trash and do the same errors over and over no matter how much you tell them what they are doing wrong and that feed due to this and then cry when you trashtalk them are the ppl that makes ppl like me lose most games and the ones that therefore ruin it, id much much rather be with a toxic player that is also really good than with a guy that isnt toxic but is trash.and most people will, specially in ranked, i dont play ranked to have fun, i play to compete like everyone should.

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by XboxChito View Post
    This is a topic i wanted to talk about for some time so...

one thing that i find quite stupid and nonsense is some kinds of harrashment reports, so heres the thing,most of my games(id say 4/5) i get stupid teammates that feed and in general are pure trash,so when im carrying these kind of games and trashtalk a teammate that is doing horrible they get mad and cry "report for harrashment" like a stupid 8 yo whose mom needs to censor tv channels so he doesnt get offended, like cmon, grow a fucking pair, if you are being trash at the game and the guy who is carrying your feeding ass trashtalks you, you do what he says and deal with it, nonsense in reporing for harrashment the guy that makes the game not last 10 mis.

just wanted to let the people that report for harrash the ppl that are clearly doing their job and are just calling you out for playing like trash to seriously "GROW A PAIR", if you seriously think that is harrashment youve got a clear problem or you are just 8 years old. like if you report me for trashtalking you when you are playing like shit and im carrying your ass ill just follow the same rules and report you for trolling very simple.

to finish it off i want to let you know a saying of mine that works 100% of the time :"if you dont want me to trashtalk/be toxic then dont be stupidly bad and you wont hear a word from me, simple"
    If someone is having a bad game, thats one thing. Sometimes I will ask them why they are going in on kills they know they cant get. or I ask them to farm, stay back, and get some levels up before engaging. Now if they are intentionally jumping into like a 1 v 3 or a 1 v 5 and then just stand there and spam "Bye" then yeah, I left off some steam. But someone having a rough game you don't do that with, you might get some better players if you, oh I dont know, offer them some advice on how to build or play better. Sometimes people need a wake up call like "Hey, that kill isnt worth you getting behind" or something. Like I always say in joust, "Red buff isnt worth a first blood for the enemy". But on the topic of growing a pair, maybe grow some patience for people who are not as skilled as you are apparently.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway