Thread: Gifting coming to Smite

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!

Gifting coming to Smite

Pretty sure it will only be "buying" new skins for others and not skins we already own, and Limited Skins won't be giftable if it is ones we own...

But if we ARE allowed to gift owned Limited skins, totally willing to "Trade" my T5 Ullr for T5 Ares or Bellona.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    i think it's you can send skins as in you will use your gems and then game will send it to your friend
    they won't make it so you could trade skins that would be exploitable and people could get a lot of skins they want like that
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    i think it's you can send skins as in you will use your gems and then game will send it to your friend
    they won't make it so you could trade skins that would be exploitable and people could get a lot of skins they want like that
    Oh I'm sure that's exactly how gifting will be. Just saying, being hopeful.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Oh I'm sure that's exactly how gifting will be. Just saying, being hopeful.
    hehe well if it's gonna be like that then cool but some people on reddit saying it will like i said using gems and sending skins tho i haven't seen any hirez staff confirming that tho we'll see on 30th when they do the patch notes show
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    hehe well if it's gonna be like that then cool but some people on reddit saying it will like i said using gems and sending skins tho i haven't seen any hirez staff confirming that tho we'll see on 30th when they do the patch notes show
    I honestly believe Limited skins should be tradeable after a certain grace period, even if only for other Limited skins. I have a fair few i'd never use while i'm really only bent out of shape that i can't get Valkali Kali even though the Bloodjarl Kali is also limited.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Pretty sure it'll just be purchasing things with gems but they go to a friends account. Hence they stated the gift option is in the store, not in your skin collection.

Especially since, otherwise, you'd be able to collect skins through daily log-in gems on multiple accounts and then keep trading them to your main account...

Sure you can argue you could still do that... But by the sounds of it, it's an Xmas type thing so might just be limited to this time of year so as to prevent that kind of thing.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    yeah tho not a bad idea to make limited skins tradable
    also there are not much skins directly purchasable on top of that much good direct purchasable skins besides for events like odyssey

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My hope is that they would allow us to gift Odyssey items and earn points for it. There are lots of skins I know someone else would like but I'm more interested in the bonus skins.

Edit: I just realized that this is in the update so I guess I'll find out soon enough

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,445
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Party Person Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pretty much, excluding limited content i think, and as a user mentioned in reddit there might be a fee for sending skins.
    IGN: DragonMik3 Hit me up if u want to play from EU.