Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Argus movement speed

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    wow this thread has been running for too long i guess it's a good thing forums are being active again?
    no its because ppl here saying like "his speed is fine, because he dies pretty fast when your team focus him", but everyone dies pretty fast when your whole team focus him. jeez, every OP god wanishes in seconds if your whole team focus him. but it doesn't mean OP gods are less OP. but somehow it works with Argus for them.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    no its because ppl here saying like "his speed is fine, because he dies pretty fast when your team focus him", but everyone dies pretty fast when your whole team focus him. jeez, every OP god wanishes in seconds if your whole team focus him. but it doesn't mean OP gods are less OP. but somehow it works with Argus for them.
    Argus dies pretty fast when any single player focuses him (Provided they're not a tank that hasn't built much damage)

At max rank, he has 3500 health and 45 protections.

That's not a lot. Yes, it's a fair bit of health, but that's squishy glass cannon levels of protections (Base prots for gods at level 20 is approx 65 physical and 40 magical)

For comparison, Bastet cats have at max rank 60 protections and 700 health each. Meaning a total of 2100 health to take down but taking less damage. They can easily be killed off by a solo person mid-late game. It's much the same for Argus.

In addition, Argus is fairly low impact. Outside of his initial drop on summon, he's basically just punching things for mediocre damage. Especially if he's chasing far enough that Hera herself is unable to help him by dropping her Polymorph and 1 on the target (Which is by far the actual threat not Argus)

It's honestly fine how fast Argus moves. Even if you don't like it, it's necessary to make Argus even remotely useful (I mean, Bastet kitties do a 20% slow on each hit AND move faster than a typical god with just boots. Not to mention how a Bastet will drop them and leave you with a DoT that'll tick for 50%+ of your total life...).

Even if you think it's OP, current stats show that Hera is neither very popular nor particularly successful.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    the problem is not himself, i allready told it. the problem is a fact, that he bodyblocks all your damage, while Hera is free to burst you while hiding behind his back. but if you diecide to retereat, you just can't drop him off from your tail.

another problem is when you try to kill her 1v1, she can just drop him on you and burst you or run to save place if you are stronger, while you have to kill him in order to do something to her. for sustained damage gods it become double problem, because it takes long time(compared to burst damage gods) to kill Hera herself, but it takes double that time to kill Argus before they can attack Hera. and it makes you supereasy target for gank while you fight her.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    another problem is when you try to kill her 1v1, she can just drop him on you and burst you or run to save place if you are stronger
    TIL if a mage uses their ult on you in a 1v1, you're less likely to win.

Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    TIL if a mage uses their ult on you in a 1v1, you're less likely to win.

except a fact, that i can't use my ult to win in this case. because i have either kill Argus with ult and i gonna have a hard time killing her after due to polymorph and shield, or save ult for her and she can just run away before i kill Argus.
    my YouTube channel

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    late game Hera damage is a problem, because she literaly kills ppl faster, than they kill Argus. early game ARgus takes billion years to kill.
    Sure, if you're stupid.

and why exactly i shouldn't be able to fight her alone? isn't balance mean exactly this? that different gods have equal chances against each other?
    Any mage will fuck you up in a 1v1. Hera's reliance on Argus actually makes her less likely to get the kill; but try beating out Poseidon's 3-ult-1-2 combo without any relics. You play smart, you win.

the problem is not himself, i allready told it. the problem is a fact, that he bodyblocks all your damage
    So...it's Argus himself. I know basic conceptual logic is beyond you, but the least you could do is decide what it is you want to say.

another problem is when you try to kill her 1v1, she can just drop him on you and burst you or run to save place if you are stronger, while you have to kill him in order to do something to her.
    And gods like Poseidon can outrun your dumb ass with ease. Instead of an escape, she has a minor distraction. You're clearly only opposed to Argus being useful because you're mad and not because there's something genuinely wrong with him.

for sustained damage gods it become double problem, because it takes long time(compared to burst damage gods) to kill Hera herself, but it takes double that time to kill Argus before they can attack Hera.
    Lmao wut? Argus has 3k HP and 45 prots at max rank; Hera has 1740 and 63 physical prots, and she can counterbuild. If you're a sustained-damage god, it's actually easier than if you're a burst mage.

and it makes you supereasy target for gank while you fight her.
    You're open to ganks if you fight any god.

except a fact, that i can't use my ult to win in this case. because i have either kill Argus with ult and i gonna have a hard time killing her after due to polymorph and shield, or save ult for her and she can just run away before i kill Argus.
    If you get her to fuck off, you walk away from the engagement. This is something you have to do in many cases against many gods--try fighting a hunter as a warrior alone and see how that goes--and you need to bide your time before your team gives you an opening. Not only that, but if you make Hera run away, that means you got the advantage and she was forced to back off. You put pressure on her. That's a victory, albeit a small one.

Hera tends to use the shield while Argus is out for the damage, and Polymorph is easily dodged. You kill Argus, and you can beat her with ease unless you're a fucking idiot.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 11-24-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    and why exactly i shouldn't be able to fight her alone? isn't balance mean exactly this? that different gods have equal chances against each other?
    This is a team based game. Gods are based on how well they perform individually and as a team. As such there is a certain respect each class has. Like rock, paper, scissors. There are also power spikes at certain points in the game which completely change up the dynamic. But to put it simply the game doesn't care how you feel just because you feel like you should be able to go into the jungle as a level 10 sol in conquest and be able to 1v1 the level 10 jungle thanatos does not mean you can. Just like you feel you should be able to out run Argus does not mean you can. It's an l2p issue. Anything too over powered will be fixed as it usually is, some times even when it's not op. You're clearly a one trick salty about being a one trick. Play a good god(S+) or start respecting that your paper only beats scissors when you're vastly more skilled than them. Because just like you their scissors has rock to worry about but you don't see them on the forums making shit like this up.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Seen a ton of Hera this week, not once has Argus successfully killed me. Actually don't even think a Hera has gotten a kill on me this week? An assist maybe.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Seen a ton of Hera this week, not once has Argus successfully killed me. Actually don't even think a Hera has gotten a kill on me this week? An assist maybe.
    Same here. And when she drops Argus I just drop him like most people do. Most...
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    crash test done _ argus is NOT super fast