Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Argus movement speed

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran

Argus movement speed

ok, can someone say exact number of Argus movement speed or how it counts? because i have a problem with it...

the problem is: when i play Sol and build her "ADC-like" my build beside boots contain demonic and telkhines. what does it means? it means my movement speed with those items is 491. but when i face Hera and her lovely pokemon, this bullshit robocop can chase me like its nothing. regardless Hera herself, even with her speed buff, looks like a dog, that trying to chase jet aircraft...

and even more stupid. with my 3 my movement speed is 577, but i can't get away from Argus even when i use it. how the fuck it's possible? what is his movement speed? is this thing bugged or something?
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Argus base movement speed: 440/455/470/485/500

While Hera's Divine Shroud is active, Argus gets 50% bonus speed.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Argus base movement speed: 440/455/470/485/500

While Hera's Divine Shroud is active, Argus gets 50% bonus speed.
    wtf? this thing needs to be nerfed... this is not ok, not even close to be ok.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    wtf? this thing needs to be left alone... this is absolutely necessary for Argus to be remotely useful because otherwise he'd just die before reaching anything.
    I fixed your post so it made some degree of sense.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I fixed your post so it made some degree of sense.
    no, it doesn't make sence. why the fuck this thing is faster, than other gods, even with speed items and speed buffs combined? this is not ok.

and even more, Argus doesn't need crazy speed to reach someone, Hera doesn't spawn him near herself, her ult is ground target ability, she puts him on your head allready. other gods, at least mobile gods, should be able to get away from it, otherwise this ability is broken combined with other Hera ability damage and cc.
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    no, it doesn't make sence. why the fuck this thing is faster, than other gods, even with speed items and speed buffs combined?
    I already said why: he's useless otherwise.

and even more, Argus doesn't need crazy speed to reach someone, Hera doesn't spawn him near herself, her ult is ground target ability, she puts him on your head allready.
    Right, because he NEVER returns to her and he NEVER has to switch targets.

other gods, at least mobile gods, should be able to get away from it, otherwise this ability is broken combined with other Hera ability damage and cc.
    They can. Argus isn't broken, you're just an Arena main who's played literally 2 games with Hera, so you don't know jack shit about her. At least I bothered to get her to gold.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    They can. Argus isn't broken, you're just an Arena main who's played literally 2 games with Hera, so you don't know jack shit about her. At least I bothered to get her to gold.
    i played enough against her and i didn't see anyone without instant movenet abilities, aka dash, leap or teleport being able to get away from Argus. this is not ok, late game she can nearly twoshot ppl, whle have living shield who bodyblocks you, deal damage, slow, but you also can't fkn outrun him no matter how much speed items and buffs you have. this is not ok.
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    i played enough against her and i didn't see anyone without instant movenet abilities, aka dash, leap or teleport being able to get away from Argus. this is not ok, late game she can nearly twoshot ppl, whle have living shield who bodyblocks you, deal damage, slow, but you also can't fkn outrun him no matter how much speed items and buffs you have. this is not ok.
    Argus can be slowed. Do that and your problem is solved.

Damn near every mage can almost 2-shot enemies. In fact, they tend to go one step further and 2-shot enemies outright. Hera can't do that so much. Without Argus, she's nothing. This is a L2P issue.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Argus can be slowed. Do that and your problem is solved.
    and how exactly my 1.5 sec slow can stop him? especially by a fact, that i have to autoattack him to destroy, which means basic attack penatly... but if i don't destroy him, he keep chasing me, and because he is faster, he will catch me. Bastet cats can be killed fast enough late game, Kaldr can be killed fast enough late game, but this thing have 3k hp...

Damn near every mage can almost 2-shot enemies.
    yes, but other mages doesn't have stupid 3k hp minion with MS more, than any god in the game, who laso deals 40% of their mag power every hit, bodyblocks and slows.

Hera can't do that so much.
    realy? did you read her abilities discriptions? her 2 deals 240+75%, her 1 deals up to 350+95%, pretty much the same as other mages, to say least.

Without Argus, she's nothing.
    if it would be so, she wouldn't deal that much damage and have polymorph at such low cd. some mages deal less damage while also have less cc
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    and how exactly my 1.5 sec slow can stop him? especially by a fact, that i have to autoattack him to destroy, which means basic attack penatly... but if i don't destroy him, he keep chasing me, and because he is faster, he will catch me. Bastet cats can be killed fast enough late game, Kaldr can be killed fast enough late game, but this thing have 3k hp...
    You're talking like everything with a speed boost is totally unable to be countered.

yes, but other mages doesn't have stupid 3k hp minion with MS more, than any god in the game, who laso deals 40% of their mag power every hit, bodyblocks and slows.
    He only has 45 prots at max rank, and only the last hit in the chain has 40% scaling. He drops like a hat in a teamfight.

realy? did you read her abilities discriptions? her 2 deals 240+75%, her 1 deals up to 350+95%, pretty much the same as other mages, to say least.
    Being generous and assuming she lands both hits of her 1, she needs roughly 830 power to kill a target with 2000 HP and no prots without Argus's help. Realistically, she can only get around 400 with a regular build. With 400 power exactly, her 2-1 combo deals roughly 1300 damage--again, assuming true damage. Anubis, the squishiest god in the game, is left with 380 HP after that at level 20.

Now, let's look at another mage. Janus's full combo from his 1-2 combo and passive deals 414 +165% damage. He gains up to 60% more scaling against targets afflicted by Threshold, bumping that up to 225% scaling (I'm pretty sure targets can only be hit once with the bonus scaling) where Hera has 170%. His full ultless combo with 400 power deals 1314 damage--almost the same as Hera, but this time from a god with high mobility, more reliable CC, and an easier time proc'ing Poly. Now, because I have psychic powers, I know you're going to screech about Argus actually having some use, but that's just incentive to consider Hera over Janus: she has different functions.

Let's look at Chronos, who also has more mobility and more reliable CC while having a radically different ult that boost his own survivability. His 3-1 combo deals 520 +160% damage, plus he can boost his AAs to gain 30% scaling. Even with ults factored in, Chronos has a pretty sick damage potential; and, again, it's easier for him to proc Poly. He's also spammier and has more reliable poke.

Oh, shall I mention Isis, who has more range and damage without a shadow of a doubt? Wing Gust and a point-blank Spirit Ball together deal 690 +230% damage and she has a prot shred. She's better at boxing and has a defensive ult of her own, and she's better at spamming.

One more mage: Poseidon. From full tide, his 3-1 combo deals 708 +192% damage, and he still has a steroid that can add up to 140 +40% damage on every AA. He's also, again, more mobile and has lower CDs.

Now, let's imagine Argus wasn't at his current level of reliability. There would be no real incentive to pick Hera over these gods. You're demanding that HR make Hera absolutely obsolete, whether you realize it or not.

Muh Concepts