Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to commend Hi-rez for a job well done

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,065
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Just wanted to commend Hi-rez for a job well done

Hey There!

I don't know if I've been looking in the wrong places or just not looking hard enough. But I don't see anyone on the forums righting stuff like "good job, Hi-rez" or "keep up the good work, Hi-rez". I suppose the reason for that is because the people who are satisfied with how the game is don't have an incentive to come to the forums and say anything because it wouldn't change anything. There's no point to say anything because the hard work put into the game in order to make it should be taken for granted. And that's exactly the problem. That the forums has become a platform for people to make their complaints heard in an attempt to change it according to their ideals.

All I ever see on the forums is people complaining about this and that and whatnot, especially with the "upcoming addition", thinking they could run the studio better. Criticism is important, as it acts as an indicator to which direction one must take. Am I doing a good job? Then I'll just keep doing it this way. Am I not doing a good job? ok... then how can I improve? What should I improve?

But the people here aren't interested in giving criticism, let alone constructive ones. they just complain and complain about this and that, as if they know better. This shouldn't be in the game; that SHOULD be in the game; lore-accurate; lore-inaccurate that.

In the end, it doesn't matter who knows the best. The decision is for Hi-rez to make, and they're doing what's best for the game. They're not ignoring your complaints. But maybe if you didn't insult them, maybe they would hear you out better. They're not perfect, but they're trying hard to give an enjoyable experience. And they're definitely not disregarding the core theme of the game, even when sometimes it doesn't seem like it. And if you're still dissatisfied with the decisions they're making... then why are you still playing the game?

And with that, I want to commend Hi-rez for a job well done. I don't know the statistics, and I don't know how often you hear this. But I appreciate the hard work your putting into the game to make it into the ideal experience for people to have fun. I truly believe that every decision you make is an effort to make the game better, even when sometimes I don't entirely agree with your decisions. I'm sorry that you get so many complaints. But I'm sure that there are many others who support you and enjoy the game as it is.

So once again...

KUDOS!
    Last edited by Razrtongue; 11-20-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Junior Member Cupidhead Jairone's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    This is a joke, right? They're literally driving this game into the ground and you want to congratulate them?

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    HiRez has abandoned their forums. Go brown nose on reddit.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    The game moved away from "battleground of the gods" long ago and became more like "battleground of gods, monsters, heroes" so i don't care anymore who they add i still play the game cuz i find it enjoying and there are some gods in the game that are one of my fvts and i think many people who complain about the game still keep playing for the same reason

i give them credit for job well done when i feel like it and complaint when i think they did something wrong which is very rare because i mostly use forums to ask for play advice and to post some news which they post on reddit and not their own fucking forums (good job hirez no sarcasm intended or is it?)

heck from datamining reveals i was expecting to get someone like leonidas or spartacus but we got arthur and merlin which is better cuz they have some magical Shit and stuff heck we have characters like guan yu, kumbhakarna, frickin bakasura atleast arthur is cooler than them and merlin can shoot fireballs cuz he's a frickin wizard how cool is that

ok i'll stop making jokes now maybe but yeah arthur and merlin seems cooler than them so i don't really mind them being in the game what i can think of is that people are raging a lot right now at arthur and merlin cuz they are 99 and 100 gods (characters) and people were getting super hyped for these 2 and wanted them to be cooler cuz people rage that much when achilles was released i think if hirez would have made 99 and 100 gods as set and horus and then jorm and then released arthur and merlin people would have raged less

but either way i don't care much about set and horus either they are not my fvts but many people want so eh jorm is one i'm interested in as i play guardians a lot and would be interested in jorm if they add him as a guardian, i like magic and swords so i'm kinda interested in arthur i just hope hirez give him a good and interesting kit and being specially fan of mages in all kinds of games i'm very well hyped to see how they will make merlin i'm expecting cool things but i won't hold my breath

that's all i can think of to say for now so yeah peace!
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairone View Post
    This is a joke, right? They're literally driving this game into the ground and you want to congratulate them?
    LOOOOOOL what do you even mean. They are adding Smite to Switch and bringing in cross play to help boost player count across platforms. What do you even mean driving it into the ground. This next Season sounds like one of the best seasons we will have. Freaking Set and Horus have been requested to be in the game for YEARS. Smite doesnt seem to be dying anytime soon. But yet, you think its dying.....and still play it anyway....
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    HR has done absolutely nothing in recent history that deserves praise like this. Balance? Mediocre. New characters? Ranging from mildly unique to outright bland. Community involvement? A fucking joke. Lootboxes? Increasingly prevalent with the passage of time. Lore? Sometime around Chernobog's release, Caps confirmed that the game literally does not have lore.

This isn't a game for HR, it's just an asset that they really only need to keep functional and profitable for it to be worth their time. If this was clearly really important to them and they really were trying their hardest, I would go easy on them; but nothing about their actions tells me that this is something they're invested in just from caring about it.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    HR has done absolutely nothing in recent history that deserves praise like this. Balance? Mediocre. New characters? Ranging from mildly unique to outright bland. Community involvement? A fucking joke. Lootboxes? Increasingly prevalent with the passage of time. Lore? Sometime around Chernobog's release, Caps confirmed that the game literally does not have lore.

This isn't a game for HR, it's just an asset that they really only need to keep functional and profitable for it to be worth their time. If this was clearly really important to them and they really were trying their hardest, I would go easy on them; but nothing about their actions tells me that this is something they're invested in just from caring about it.
    And I would say everything you just said right there is a matter of opinion. you have yours, and I have mine.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    But I don't see anyone on the forums righting stuff like "good job, Hi-rez" or "keep up the good work, Hi-rez". I suppose the reason for that is because the people who are satisfied with how the game is don't have an incentive to come to the forums and say anything because it wouldn't change anything. There's no point to say anything because the hard work put into the game in order to make it should be taken for granted. And that's exactly the problem. That the forums has become a platform for people to make their complaints heard in an attempt to change it according to their ideals.
    Forums are a place for discussion.

Saying "Hey, nice job with X, Y and Z" has 0 discussion value.

But the people here aren't interested in giving criticism, let alone constructive ones. they just complain and complain about this and that, as if they know better. This shouldn't be in the game; that SHOULD be in the game; lore-accurate; lore-inaccurate that.
    Hey, if they want to have a resident "Lore Expert" and repeatedly go on about how the very foundation for the game was an interest in the mythos behind dieties and other religious entities then people talking about lore accuracy and how appropriate some random non-religious based characters are in the game are very relevant.

Like, if they decided to start adding in Cthulu and other Old Gods, all of which are based on a FICTIONAL religion, then it'd be very constructive for people to talk about how that would detract from the game as a whole.
    In the end, it doesn't matter who knows the best. The decision is for Hi-rez to make, and they're doing what's best for the game.
    There's a saying it goes "The customer is always right".

While the literal interpretation of that saying is far, far from correct, what it implies is very much relevant. Which is, without customers, a product/service is nothing.

If Hi-Rez make changes to the game that push people away, they get less money, they get lower population resulting in worse matchmaking, meaning more people get frustrated and leave, meaning less money and lower population etc. With the end result being closing the game down.

Now, again, it's not going to be that the customer is ALWAYS right, however, it is very important to take feedback into consideration, since customers (Or in this case players) are the ones that fuel the development of the game by actually paying for the content to allow Hi-Rez to continue working on the game.

And if you're still dissatisfied with the decisions they're making... then why are you still playing the game?
    Perhaps people enjoy the game? Perhaps people really liked what Hi-Rez were doing up until a particular change or set of changes occurred? Perhaps they feel that a particular change is leading down a path that takes the game too far from what originally sparked their interest?

If Hi-Rez actually want to make a good game, they will listen to feedback. As such, people should be encouraged to speak out about changes they don't like in hopes that Hi-Rez act on that feedback.

Yes, there are some people who do nothing but complain, who have hated every single decision made for months or even years... Those people should just move on to a different game.

However, many people just get upset by the occasional decision that is not very good *Cough*Fatalis buff*Cough*Combat Blink consumable*Cough*Every god they released stupidly OP*Cough*That time they buffed Skadi and made her S+++ tier*Cough*

So they provide feedback. That feedback is taken into consideration and then acted upon if its felt is necessary. For example, removing Fatalis, removing those dumb consumables, nerfing OP gods, buffing gods that are considered a complete joke in Conquest (See: Zhonger Donger and Ah Puch) etc.

If people just left the second anything they didn't like happened, the game would have died out years ago...

And with that, I want to commend Hi-rez for a job well done. I don't know the statistics, and I don't know how often you hear this.
    Well, technically, they get told this everytime someone opens up their wallet and buys gems.

Which, considering they're planning on paying every person in S6 SPL $30,000 a year, in addition to tournament prize money, in addition to also paying for travel for any pro who doesn't move to Georgia to attend every match, in addition to also paying for the 9 Olympian Project members travel expenses to go to HRX, in addition to paying all of their staffs wages... When Hi-Rez's recent departmental changes means that each team is self-involved only so no money from any other games/depts...

Suggests that they're getting that a lot.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post

Then why are you here?
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Forums are a place for discussion.

Saying "Hey, nice job with X, Y and Z" has 0 discussion value.

Hey, if they want to have a resident "Lore Expert" and repeatedly go on about how the very foundation for the game was an interest in the mythos behind dieties and other religious entities then people talking about lore accuracy and how appropriate some random non-religious based characters are in the game are very relevant.

Like, if they decided to start adding in Cthulu and other Old Gods, all of which are based on a FICTIONAL religion, then it'd be very constructive for people to talk about how that would detract from the game as a whole.

There's a saying it goes "The customer is always right".

While the literal interpretation of that saying is far, far from correct, what it implies is very much relevant. Which is, without customers, a product/service is nothing.

If Hi-Rez make changes to the game that push people away, they get less money, they get lower population resulting in worse matchmaking, meaning more people get frustrated and leave, meaning less money and lower population etc. With the end result being closing the game down.

Now, again, it's not going to be that the customer is ALWAYS right, however, it is very important to take feedback into consideration, since customers (Or in this case players) are the ones that fuel the development of the game by actually paying for the content to allow Hi-Rez to continue working on the game.

Perhaps people enjoy the game? Perhaps people really liked what Hi-Rez were doing up until a particular change or set of changes occurred? Perhaps they feel that a particular change is leading down a path that takes the game too far from what originally sparked their interest?

If Hi-Rez actually want to make a good game, they will listen to feedback. As such, people should be encouraged to speak out about changes they don't like in hopes that Hi-Rez act on that feedback.

Yes, there are some people who do nothing but complain, who have hated every single decision made for months or even years... Those people should just move on to a different game.

However, many people just get upset by the occasional decision that is not very good *Cough*Fatalis buff*Cough*Combat Blink consumable*Cough*Every god they released stupidly OP*Cough*That time they buffed Skadi and made her S+++ tier*Cough*

So they provide feedback. That feedback is taken into consideration and then acted upon if its felt is necessary. For example, removing Fatalis, removing those dumb consumables, nerfing OP gods, buffing gods that are considered a complete joke in Conquest (See: Zhonger Donger and Ah Puch) etc.

If people just left the second anything they didn't like happened, the game would have died out years ago...

Well, technically, they get told this everytime someone opens up their wallet and buys gems.

Which, considering they're planning on paying every person in S6 SPL $30,000 a year, in addition to tournament prize money, in addition to also paying for travel for any pro who doesn't move to Georgia to attend every match, in addition to also paying for the 9 Olympian Project members travel expenses to go to HRX, in addition to paying all of their staffs wages... When Hi-Rez's recent departmental changes means that each team is self-involved only so no money from any other games/depts...

Suggests that they're getting that a lot.
    Wow! You really got invested in this, didn't you?
    My Concept Hub