Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Can someone explain why Arena cannot be a competitive Game Mode?

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    The point of this statement is that THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THIS GAME whom also HAVE ALL THE DATA IN REGARDS TO PLAYER NUMBERS AND VIEWER COUNTS came to the conclusions to not continue to do competitive arena AND to also removed Ranked Arena and not pursue the format they have for Conquest.

Why? Because the numbers told them that it wasn't worth it. They could very easily have kept doing it. But they didn't. They could have re-introduced it at some point over the years. But they haven't.

Since, they fully comprehend that people who actually enjoyed either aspect were in such a minority as to not make it worth their time.

Anyway, again, this entire discussion is pointless:

You asked why Arena cannot be a competitive Game Mode and the answer has been given. It wasn't popular enough.

The end.

No amount of you pulling out "Facts" will change the literal fact that it did happen. Then it stopped. Due to the aforementioned reasons.

Could it theoretically happen? Yes. It very much COULD be a thing. It's not like there's a guy at Hi-Rez with a gun who tries to shoot anyone who attempts to make competitive Arena happen...

It's just, they don't deem it worth doing based on the data they collected from back when it was done.
    well, my answer was a bit shorter. you just don't understand arena players. most of them won't read whole your post, its too big piece of text for them... i know how it sounds, like i think they all idiots, but trust me, most of them realy are, given of how they communicate with each other, play the game and act in general.

also they looking for explaination they can agree with. so my statement abot ranked/competitive arena being boring af and also making casucal arena boring af because of tryhards sounds more like what they looking for...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Geff View Post
    Why should I, a player with limited resources, have to do this, when HiRez, who can devote more resources and who already have infrastructure set up for this specific venture, can do it? The limited additional expenditure, especially considering already set up infrastructure, doesn't even compare to the additional marketing, and therefore additional income, that can be gained from such a venture.
    Why should you do it?

Because you're trying everything in your power to prove that Competitive Arena is the most popular thing to have ever existed in the entire universe throughout all time that has ever been.

To which, if it was remotely true, then you should have no problem putting together a tournament. All you need is some teams, then make a schedule over a few days and then custom lobbies. Can even do picks and bans in lobby chat.

That's what people generally do when they want a tournament but officials aren't bothering to do it...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Banned Follower
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    This thread is like a merry go round. The dude has been told 30 times that it was tried and failed miserably.... How many more times and different ways can you tell him? Let it die

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    officials aren't bothering to do it...
    Yes, and the whole point of the thread is to convince officials to bother, because there is a market for it.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Yes, and the whole point of the thread is to convince officials to bother, because there is a market for it.
    except officials don't maintain the forums anymore so you're wasting your time?
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    There really isn't because pretty much every tourney or league they've held of something that wasn't Conquest was seen as a complete joke and meme-worthy.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Wow I skimmed through 4 pages of this garbage. Also even some conquest pro games are meme worthy. I remember that one game where the entire team went movement speed boots and sundering spear before it was shit and then surrendered 1:30 seconds in after they tower dived for one kill, one of them died and the rest went to gank solo and got 1v4ing from Baskin as Bellona and only missing the kill on their guardian, the sobek.