Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To Fix SMITE 101

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Sobek is great. Arachne vamana and SWK are total ass at higher ranked levels or pro.
    You say that... But the links in my previous post show that Arachne and Vamana's win rates increase as you get to Diamond rank.

Those gods are great because their utter competition is arse (class and role wise and even for the latter that's pretty iffy) or they offer stuff more useful for the meta and being good doesn't mean you are broken. in the SWC stats Odin has a better P/B rate AND win rate then.
    Those gods are great because they have stacked kits or ridiculously tuned numbers thanks to items that are designed so basically only they get extreme value from them.

Mercury has excellent CC thanks to his dash and ult AND he has amazing damage thanks to his steroid, his passive power boost and the fact he synergises well with crit AND he now also has unparalleled minion clearing because Golden Blade (Which can also let him deal DISGUSTING damage in a teamfight if people stack for 1 second so he can hit a multi-person Made You Look which if it crits can easily do 1500+ damage to multiple gods THANKS GOLDEN BLADE)

Freya just pushes out insane burst because of Polynomicon making her 1 essentially deal 320 + 155% damage, then she has stronger basics when it's on CD as well as an untelegraphed instant CC and a get out of jail free ultimate that also deals insane damage.

Baron is just stacked kit upon stacked kit. So much CC from his root and ultimate, plenty of utility from his heal + cleanse + speed boost and then his ult bring a ton of damage even without items because lel high base damage + percent health damage + CC upon CC...

Pele just has way too much sustain which makes her able to build offensively but still work like a bruiser.

Chernobog has an insane steroid, a dash that can let him go invulnerable for a short period of time, good wave clear and can snowball with his global mobility ult.

Athena just has the best CC ability in the entire game. On top of her global mobility ult.

Geb is high damage, high CC (With his primary CC being a knockup which is not affected by DR and can't be removed by beads once applied) and his shield which is a burst of health and a cleanse (The cleanse being the main reason why Athena's win rate isn't higher, since he can remove her taunt from allies)

It's not like other gods aren't good, or that they're too niche. It's just that these gods have way too much.

Like, in the Assassin role, you have gods like Rat, Fenrir, Thor, Ne Zha, Susano and Serqet who all bring good damage and CC. But none of them to the extreme as Mercury and none have the raw sustain like Pele.

In the mage role, you have plenty of mages with good damage and utility. But Freya is higher burst than them as well as having better sustained damage once her damage is on CD.

For Guardians, you've got Artio, Cerberus, Fafnir, Ganesha, Khepri, Kumbha, Sobek, Kuzenbo, Terra and Xing Tian whom all have decent CC and utility. But none quite as potent CC as Athena and none have the global mobility she provides. Also, none counter Athena so well because none of them cleanse (At best you've got Ganesha to silence Athena after she dashes... But then the silence wears off and she taunts and GG)

For Hunters... Well, every hunter does good damage. None can become immune to damage and none can rotate quite as well.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Sobek is great. Arachne vamana and SWK are total ass at higher ranked levels or pro. One falls off after like 8 minutes and ENTIRELY RELIES ON THE ENEMY TEAM F6ING and the other 2 are complete non factors in solo because SWK is utiltiy and cc crept since so many mages, warriors and guardians offer more in the solo and Vamana is shut down by stealing his blue as well as building anti heal to fuck his ult up (And the fact that he is inantely less tanky because he has to be forced to build Fatalis to even function).
    Arachne is the worst of these gods and she's still fine. Vamana and SWK are simple, but they can be brutal lane bullies and teamfighters. Vamana doesn't fall off if he builds attack speed, and FB is a thing.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Vamana has one of the most unique ult in the game though? He also has a knockup which is the best CC along with a slow. But yeah antiheal just messes him up to much that is why he is not played much I think. I'm a shit solo laner though.

Meaning "Balancing items around new gods" isn't even a thing that's happening. It's actually more balancing items around old gods that's one of the issues (Golden Blade basically super powering Mercury and Baka into the spotlight. Making Merc even more S tier than he already was while making Baka actually exist in Smite gam
    Yeah agree. New God kits are more cookie cutter for better and worse. And releasing OP Gods is better then the other way around or the new God won't see any play and its hard to know what to change. Hera though she became very nicely balanced after just 1 patch, I haven't played her that much, she is fun now after her buff though and even if she could be considered OP now it is not like she is super OP and needs massive tuning (like release Baron)
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 11-16-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    Rocking the boat

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    And releasing OP Gods is better then the other way around or the new God won't see any play and its hard to know what to change. Hera though she became very nicely balanced after just 1 patch, I haven't played her that much, she is fun now after her buff though and even if she could be considered OP now it is not like she is super OP and needs massive tuning (like release Baron)
    Well, Da Ji was also released fairly UP and then she got some nice QoL changes to make her actually useful. Heck, she later got nerfs because she started to become somewhat popular (Nothing like current Merc/Freya/Baron/Chern/Athena/Geb level though...). Those QoL changes actually made her fun to play and she's been one of my favourite gods since then.

Also, there's a MASSIVE difference between releasing a god slightly overtuned (Such as Achilles) and releasing a god so broken even a blind man could see it from 50 miles away (Such as Baron)

Both gods will see a ton of play, because every new god does as it's new and everyone wants to play it. So long as the god isn't shit they'll continue to play them. However, in one scenario you just need to do a few adjustments and the god is balanced while in the other scenario you make people just play Assault or quit because the game is no fun to be only played by the 2 people in the match who are playing the blatantly OP broken af god.

Not to mention that in some cases, UP gods do give a lot of feedback, less about the data that Hi-Rez will get from matches, but you get more of people's opinions. For example, there was TONS of threads about Hera and what people felt her issues were. Things like, her cast time on her 2 is too long, she lacks lockdown, Argus is wet tissue paper, her 1 is weird, she lacks burst, her 2's projectile it too slow etc.

Which, if the balance team read the forums, would give them plenty of avenues to look into for tweaks. But of course, it would require them to do internal playtesting, which is painfully obvious they don't do (I mean, it would have taken literally a single game to see that PTS Freya was obscene with her 1's explosions dealing full damage to gods. Literally, level 2 you'd figure it out when you did massive burst when poking in the lane ffs... Let alone getting late game when you'd randomly one shot people in a phoenix siege...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    just so everyone is clear in this thread i got reported for harassing and being defamatory to hi rez employees when i never cursed and never called them stupid apparently they don;t understand what criticism is it was satirical i was calling them omnipotent and benevolent to mimic a game about the battleground of gods apparently a moderator didnt find it funny goes to show the state of hi rez i love this game but its surrounded by layers and layers of reasons for people to stop playing it