Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To Fix SMITE 101

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

How To Fix SMITE 101

You add a god every month cool! That's awesome always evolving new content but what happens when you have cool idea but cant seem to make them balanced? Release them anyway! (not okay bro)

There is an ever present gap between old and new gods, new gods get flashy new abilities that have unique effects and lots CC. Meanwhile some older gods sit back with older abilities that do nothing but damage this is why gods like Vamana ARE NOT PICKED AT ALL. But random player its very hard to balance all these gods with all these abilities and all these items its just too much work for us! AH HA i would expect you to say that benevolent Hi-Rez balancing team who thinks people like Vamana and Sun Wukong are on par with gods like likes of Pele and Ullr. but here is how you fix it

Step 1: Take a good long hard look at every god and balance them around each other BUT RANDOM PLAYER what about items? don't worry omnipotent Hi-Rez employee we will get to that.

step 2: Good you got everyone in an evenish playing field with everyone being good at some things while lack luster in others?
    now re balance items around this newly developed roster of balanced gods! SIMPLE! GENIUS! congrats you now have a fresh new game where everyone is in a good place! (i recognize there will always be a meta)

On a serious note to end this semi satirical semi serious post if you add a god every month things will get unbalanced especially on an ability scailing and CC level you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and re balance everything and revamp the roster its been years of adding god after god with small fixes here and there but you will never get something semi decent if you don't look at every god as a whole and then every item as a whole with newly balanced gods. SMITE 2.0 needs to happen
    Last edited by Enigma0Gaming; 11-13-2018 at 07:03 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    So...you don't actually have any suggestions, you're just saying to balance the game using traditional balancing methods.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Smite has never taken every god in the game balanced their kits and then balanced items around the newly balanced gods they just patch a hole here and patch a hole there they never just do a completely overhaul of all gods and really take a look at the balance of them all as a whole if thats the case how to people like Arachne vamana sun wukong and sobek get to be so ungodly terrible

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma0Gaming View Post
    Smite has never taken every god in the game balanced their kits and then balanced items around the newly balanced gods they just patch a hole here and patch a hole there they never just do a completely overhaul of all gods and really take a look at the balance of them all as a whole
    Balancing the entire game in one go isn't feasible because it entails changing too many variables at once that will return weird results. What you're asking for is too idealistic.

if thats the case how to people like Arachne vamana sun wukong and sobek get to be so ungodly terrible
    They aren't, especially not Sobek.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Just another Cupidhead opinion. The big mass re balances are done every year with the X.1 patch and go from there.
    here's an actual list of suggestions to "improve" Smite.

*Soft reset Matchmaking a little more softly each split and new season rather than hard reset, it's annoying as hell to have to scramble out of the pile of newbies each reset.
    *Do away with MOTD and just make it a cycling mode of the non RPG Adventures.
    *Pre match Role selection for Conquest, add "Did not play queued role" to list of end of game reportable offenses.
    *Only use Timed Queue for Casual Conquest/Joust and Ranked game types, return to previous for the rest of Casual.
    * Implement a ban system in casual modes (but still allow each side to both have duplicates). Guaranteed to cut down on Loki plays.
    *Alternatively, Rework Loki's 2 and 3, tweak Ult. (I personally don't mind Loki, i can deal with them just fine, i'm just tired of hearing about it so put it to bed already). Rework Apollo while you're at it.
    * not a balance issue but More direct purchase skins. I'm aware chests are your guys bread and butter but in about 25 patches a year we should get like 12 direct purchase skins. not time limited direct purchase like Odyssey, flat direct purchase.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Cupid head lmao true you have more posts than me but look at out join dates m8 i was in this shit wayyy before you were here so excuse me if im a bit more pissed at a game ive invested more time into

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Cupid head lmao true you have more posts than me but look at out join dates m8 i was in this shit wayyy before you were here so excuse me if im a bit more pissed at a game ive invested more time into
    this isn't my main profile, i was a console player first and that profile was lost when the forum stopped tracking them properly. I've been playing and using the forum since late season 2.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Playing longer =/= more insightful about how game balance is done.

Also, every season they DO in fact, do large scale overhauls to items and gods. It's what changes the meta between seasons regularly.

Season 3 > 4 they massively changes healing gods and anti-healing items.

Season 4 > 5 they changed starter items and a bunch of other items (Stuff like Book of Thoth, Crusher, Heartseeker etc)

Also, this is done at a time that makes sense, the start of a season. It'd be really, really fucken stupid to do a massive overhaul in the middle of a season when they have professional teams competing for real money in the SPL. It's why the last couple of patches haven't really had much balancing in them, because it's leading into HRX and the grand finals for this years season and messing with balance would just screw over competitive play.

how to people like Arachne vamana sun wukong and sobek get to be so ungodly terrible
    Arachne 53.21% win rate
    Vamana 50.01% win rate
    SWK 49.73% win rate (Mostly let down by bronzies...)
    Sobek 48.81% win rate (But despite this is extremely popular in competitive)

Ungodly terrible?

Not really.

Are they Mercury/Freya/Baron/Pele/Chern/Athena/Geb levels of broken? No, but I expect that those gods will receive adjustments after competitive has finished/season 6 starts seeing as they're the exception to balance, with most other gods being sort of even with each other.

Also note: Out of the highest performing gods right now, most of them are not new. Mercury, Athena, Geb, Bakasura, Erlang Shen, Kumbhakarna, Agni, Odin are currently performing quite well and are all quite old gods at this point. With only new Freya, Pele, Baron and Chern mixing into them while other relatively new gods such as the Celtic ones (Artio, Cernnunos, Cu Chulainn, The Morrigan) are performing averagely (Though Artio is seeing decent play in competitive)

Meaning "Balancing items around new gods" isn't even a thing that's happening. It's actually more balancing items around old gods that's one of the issues (Golden Blade basically super powering Mercury and Baka into the spotlight. Making Merc even more S tier than he already was while making Baka actually exist in Smite game)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    B
    They aren't, especially not Sobek.
    Sobek is great. Arachne vamana and SWK are total ass at higher ranked levels or pro. One falls off after like 8 minutes and ENTIRELY RELIES ON THE ENEMY TEAM F6ING and the other 2 are complete non factors in solo because SWK is utiltiy and cc crept since so many mages, warriors and guardians offer more in the solo and Vamana is shut down by stealing his blue as well as building anti heal to fuck his ult up (And the fact that he is inantely less tanky because he has to be forced to build Fatalis to even function).
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 11-16-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Are they Mercury/Freya/Baron/Pele/Chern/Athena/Geb levels of broken? No, but I expect that those gods will receive adjustments after competitive has finished/season 6 starts seeing as they're the exception to balance, with most other gods being sort of even with each other.

Those gods are great because their utter competition is arse (class and role wise and even for the latter that's pretty iffy) or they offer stuff more useful for the meta and being good doesn't mean you are broken. in the SWC stats Odin has a better P/B rate AND win rate then.

Most assassins are to limited in scope. good ones have multiple niches and aren't one and done "lol i got nothing left guys" (Loki) and are reliable in utility and cc. Of these Ravana, Rat, mercury, Pele , Serqet, Ne Zha and Hun Batz demonstrate that best. You want to nerf Pele? Murder her sustain off of enemies and go to full health from it as well as her ability to travel across the map at boosted speeds at no cost or investment and it isn't even a passive (doesn't even need to level her 3 past level 1 to get it's speed boost). Seriously chase and sustian of that league should be reserved for Camazotzs you know the god designed around that?

Guardians occupy 2 roles solo or support. Of these Athena, Fafnir, Terra, Artio, Sobek, Kuzenbo (lol) and Cerebrus each occupy either or both lanes and do decent job at either and have their niches. The others are either total gank food, don't offer enough cc or have shitty early/late games Bacchus is dead weight early on until 2-3).