Thread: Game client crashes at startup, takes minutes to load

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Unhappy Game client crashes at startup, takes minutes to load

I reinstalled Smite (after I formatted my pc and did a clean install of Windows 10), but since the reinstall I'm having a lot of trouble with the game client. It doesnt load properly.

It takes a couple of minutes before the game comes through. In the meantime, the loading screen looks like this: https://imgur.com/wLqi4Yq. Doesn't matter if I try the 32/64/safe mode version.

Already tried reinstalling (first installed the game through Steam, thought that was the issue. But after I deleted everything I now reinstalled it again through the launcher of the official website, still same issue). Also tried the repair scan option of the Hirez diagnostic tool, but the issue still persists.

Anyone else had this problem and has any fix suggestions? It's annoying having to wait x minutes each time I want to play the game. Sometimes it even won't load at all, I have to kill the application in task manager and try again.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Someone on Reddit gave me the solution, for those who have the same issue: its because of Windows Defender.

Add the Smite folder as an exception in the Windows Defender settings. After doing that my game boots up without problems.