Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not feeling the new game launcher

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!

Not feeling the new game launcher

1. Why change it? It looks even more generic. The old launcher had advertisement before you launched the game, and it was a great synopsis on what was going on before starting the game.

2. Anyone have the same issue where it will not save your password? I have to constantly enter my password to log in even if I check the button to save my credentials.

3. Why did they change it? Who the f is Titan Forge?!

Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Okay and look at the options. I checked marked the first 2 but don't notice any difference

Ummm smite texture DLC? What does that mean? Also, what are the other 2 options in Spanish and the one about Brazil? WTF? And command line extra?!

Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    1. Why change it?
    Probably something to do with steam. Maybe Steam doesn't like advertisements on launchers or something.

2. Anyone have the same issue where it will not save your password?
    I don't even have a new launcher... Still using the same old one. Maybe 'cause I use the stand alone?

3. Why did they change it? Who the f is Titan Forge?!
    Titan Forge is the new team from Hi-Rez which will work exclusively on Smite.

It's what Hi-Rez have done to prevent having a game be left to the wayside as a cash cow and fund resources into other, more profitable games. Every single Hi-Rez game now has it's own team to work on that game full time.

Okay and look at the options. I checked marked the first 2 but don't notice any difference
    You likely won't.

64 bit client is more optimized for 64 bit machines, but 64 bit machines can still run 32 bit (Just 32 bit machines can't run 64 bit clients)

Minimize to tray just means that when you minimize the game, instead of it going to your taskbar it instead goes to the desktop tray (Next to the clock in the bottom right of your desktop) and will use less resources to stay running.

Ummm smite texture DLC? What does that mean?
    Who knows. Perhaps a plan for purchasable texture updates...

Maybe it's just a vestigial checkbox for now. Can't rightly say.

Also, what are the other 2 options in Spanish and the one about Brazil? WTF?
    Something Portugese about Legacy Level Up Voice Packs. I assume one is referring to a Brazilian dialect.

But I don't speak well... Any language aside from English (Even then... Ehhh...) so there might be some room for interpretation.

And command line extra?!
    For adding extra command lines to be loaded when the game loads up.

For example, you can use -dx9 to make it use DirectX9 if you wish.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,812
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    High Resolution Texture Pack

Players will be able to download a High Resolution Texture Pack DLC that will provide more detail than before and will be especially useful to players using a 4K display.
    To use the High Resolution Texture Pack, open your launcher and go to “Manage DLC”. Check the High Resolution Texture Pack and “Apply” to begin your download. Once in game, ensure your texture detail setting is set to “Maximum” to enable your downloaded High Resolution Texture Pack.

Image WITH Texture Pack
    vs. Image WITHOUT Texture Pack
    (Link) /10char

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Yep the game doesn't save password for me either i really hate it tbh happens in some others games and launchers and it's super annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I don't even have a new launcher... Still using the same old one. Maybe 'cause I use the stand alone?

Titan Forge is the new team from Hi-Rez which will work exclusively on Smite.

It's what Hi-Rez have done to prevent having a game be left to the wayside as a cash cow and fund resources into other, more profitable games. Every single Hi-Rez game now has it's own team to work on that game full time.

Who knows. Perhaps a plan for purchasable texture updates...

Maybe it's just a vestigial checkbox for now. Can't rightly say.

i think the new launcher is only for steam users only

texture pack is a new dlc it was introduced a long time ago it's for people who wants better looking graphics for smite good thing it's optional or i prolly won't be able to play smite anymore, it's in dlc area in steam not sure about standalone versions maybe try googling for it

so that's what titan forge is huh, i've been hearing a lot about it and didn't knew what it is, thought it to be some person with nickname titan forge like hinduman or something
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    Yep the game doesn't save password for me either i really hate it tbh happens in some others games and launchers and it's super annoying

i think the new launcher is only for steam users only

texture pack is a new dlc it was introduced a long time ago it's for people who wants better looking graphics for smite good thing it's optional or i prolly won't be able to play smite anymore, it's in dlc area in steam not sure about standalone versions maybe try googling for it

so that's what titan forge is huh, i've been hearing a lot about it and didn't knew what it is, thought it to be some person with nickname titan forge like hinduman or something
    I use Smite through steam and don't have a new launcher at all. Still the same old one for me. So its not just steam people.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Achievements:
    How are you guys still using the old launcher? Mines just updated automatically. Thank you for the responses btw and the links. Oh steam users you say? So if you have Steam it updates it? Well FU Steam LOL. But alas, I have retro games I play on Steam so guess I have to deal.

I can't seem to tell the difference between High Resolution Texture Pack options, but guess I'll stick to with texture packs.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    How are you guys still using the old launcher? Mines just updated automatically. Thank you for the responses btw and the links. Oh steam users you say? So if you have Steam it updates it? Well FU Steam LOL. But alas, I have retro games I play on Steam so guess I have to deal.

I can't seem to tell the difference between High Resolution Texture Pack options, but guess I'll stick to with texture packs.
    No I am saying steam doesn't have your launcher. We have the same old one as before. Steam never updated anything launcher wise. Hope you get yours all situated and figured out though.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    I use Smite through steam and don't have a new launcher at all. Still the same old one for me. So its not just steam people.
    hmm that's weird, have you linked your account to steam? maybe that's why you don't have the launcher because you didn't link it tho it's better just don't link it new launcher is crap

yep same mine updated automatically as well didn't even got the option
    well i read reviews and people seem to say there is a difference in gfx and fps as well, do just have the option checked or you downloaded the pack as well? it's free and have about 10gb of download i think
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    hmm that's weird, have you linked your account to steam? maybe that's why you don't have the launcher because you didn't link it tho it's better just don't link it new launcher is crap

yep same mine updated automatically as well didn't even got the option
    well i read reviews and people seem to say there is a difference in gfx and fps as well, do just have the option checked or you downloaded the pack as well? it's free and have about 10gb of download i think
    Im not linking mine cause if I say I forget my steam password, and just say for instance I can never figure it out and I cant change the password or something weird, they have now introduced the new thing where you can link the account and you cant login if its a different steam account. So if I make a new steam account I could never log in to my old smite. So yeah its probably a linked thing, and they need to stop asking me everytime I log in to link, cause I wont be doing that. They aren't going to bully me into doing something I don't want to do. Needs to be a []Dont ask me again. Check box but that will never happen.