View Poll Results: What do you think of kills not showing up on your loading frame?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wish we had the option to toggle it on and off because I liked it on my loading frame.

5 71.43%
  • It really doesn't bother me, I could take it or leave it.

1 14.29%
  • I wish we had the option to toggle it on and off because I did not liked it on my loading frame.

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So where are my kills?

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Question So where are my kills?

So I just recently started playing Smite again after a long break and realized that when loading into a game my kills, assists, and wins dont show up anymore on my loading frame. I looked around for a while and noticed that no ones kills did. So whats up with that? Why would you take that away? The only reason I buy a mastery skin is to show off my kills. I get that some people didn't want it displayed but why not add a toggle feature then? Is this a bug? Or is this a new feature, cause if its a new feature I frankly think its dumb. Thoughts?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Caused unnecessary or necessary needless psychological alarms which could add another factor to encouraging toxicity.

Hiding your stats and rank were okay. Just hiding your stats could evoke a response from someones brain that the person hiding their stats are weak/pussies/losers/not good. I liked mine personally but it can look really bad if you leveled a god to diamond in MOTD or Adventures and still have your level 3 god stats when you're diamond.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    some people said that by showing their stats and mastery they felt that they were being focused during matches and hirez also wanted to clean the loading frames So they removed it but for mastery they made it a toggle option
    i don't like showing up my kills and stuff on my loading frames but it would be because a lot of people liked it and want i won't mind a toggle on/off option for that
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Caused unnecessary or necessary needless psychological alarms which could add another factor to encouraging toxicity.

Hiding your stats and rank were okay. Just hiding your stats could evoke a response from someones brain that the person hiding their stats are weak/pussies/losers/not good. I liked mine personally but it can look really bad if you leveled a god to diamond in MOTD or Adventures and still have your level 3 god stats when you're diamond.
    There is going to be toxicity anyway. Thats how most of the people who play this game roll anyway. Not saying its a good thing but taking that away won't help it any IMO. Either way I think adding it as a toggle option wouldn't be a bad idea but I understand what your saying, thank you for your thoughts.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    some people said that by showing their stats and mastery they felt that they were being focused during matches and hirez also wanted to clean the loading frames So they removed it but for mastery they made it a toggle option
    i don't like showing up my kills and stuff on my loading frames but it would be because a lot of people liked it and want i won't mind a toggle on/off option for that
    I had no idea that people thought they were being focused for their kill count. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Hirez realized letting people see that their Rank 0-2's have like three wins because they don't play them in real modes made people judge them unfairly and usually would be the focus. It was also kinda demoralizing seeing your team with like three gods that only had 5-10 wins on while the enemy team all had 60+.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Hirez realized letting people see that their Rank 0-2's have like three wins because they don't play them in real modes made people judge them unfairly and usually would be the focus. It was also kinda demoralizing seeing your team with like three gods that only had 5-10 wins on while the enemy team all had 60+.
    I still think that it should be a option to show it if you wanted to, but I see what your saying. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

New Member Cupidhead A Darker Reality's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    I can honestly say I've never targeted or felt as if I've been targeted because of stats. They simply don't matter imo. Too many ways to manipulate stats for them to matter, such as playing a LOT of arena, or casual games with a full team of friends. Don't make that big a deal to me. Everyone's kills are 0 at match start.
    It takes a self sadist to play support. Works for me.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The weird thing is, how long have stats on the loading frames been in the game and not caused an issue? When the pre-requisite was merely getting rank 1 and buying the Golden skin for Favor. You could then have your stats on your loading frame for the god you've played for all of like 3 games!

It only became an issue when they, for no reason, decided to move the feature to being universally applied. So EVERYONE had their stats on show with no requirements to do so and it was an opt out system (With the toggle button being hidden away in a ridiculously obscure place...)

Anyway, this entire scenario is exactly the same with mastery rank. When you've got a team of rank 0-1's and the enemy team is all rocking rank X's with sometimes obscene amounts of stars.

Yet, they haven't removed Mastery ranks from the game. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed myself. I mostly only liked showing off my non-zero amounts of kills on Ganesha, the god who gives his kills away if anyone on his team is nearby (Funnily enough, at one point I had a higher K:D ratio on Ganesha than I did on Bakasura...). Also, the little update on my Kills:Assists ratio to see if I need to improve my kill securing on a particular god.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    I had no idea that people thought they were being focused for their kill count. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    that was kind of a big deal sometime ago while there are some people who likes showing off their mastery and kills and wins there are some who don't so i agree with you that there should be a toggle option for this
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!