Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Store, Don't buy gems. Community skins don't belong in chests.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    OMG that's right voice packs too cost gems as well. So that means every new char that comes out you allocate 200 gems for the voice pack.
    To this day I still have no idea why Smite requires you to purchase each gods voice pack, while in Paladins the voice pack comes free with the champion...

Though, I'm getting most of mine through Triumphant Chests, given I have nothing else to spend my favor on, dumping all of it into more chests and getting plenty of voice packs and avatars for shithole countries...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    To this day I still have no idea why Smite requires you to purchase each gods voice pack, while in Paladins the voice pack comes free with the champion...
    wait what? since when they did that? before when i used to play you had to buy champions and their voice packs seperately but they were sold for gold not crystals so that was a good thing

it's actually crap we have to spend 200 gems to buy voice packs for Gods for some gods i would still be okay like eh but there are many gods who have very bad voice packs that i'd rather use default voice than their voice pack
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    wait what? since when they did that? before when i used to play you had to buy champions and their voice packs seperately but they were sold for gold not crystals so that was a good thing
    Back when I used to play. Which was ages ago. I had all the voice packs for free right out of the gate.

it's actually crap we have to spend 200 gems to buy voice packs for Gods for some gods i would still be okay like eh but there are many gods who have very bad voice packs that i'd rather use default voice than their voice pack
    Yeah... Though, there's actually a sale on right now, it's only 100 gems for a voice pack! This is right after they just released a new Voice Pack Chest.

Seems they really want to make money off something that should be baseline for the game >.>

Not to mention, they still don't let you mix and match voice packs and skins (You can only use default skin or the skin you're using. You can't say, use the upcoming Artemis skin with the kawaii Tusky and use the great Oak-Seer voice pack).

Nor do they make it so that using a different voice pack changes non-VGS comments your god makes. Such as when you enter a game, buy an item or return to the fountain at low health. Which makes using skins that have voices you don't like less desirable even if you do own some sick VP's for the god (A prime example would be Kawaii Pop Bastet which has such a shrill voice that it can be actually painful to hear... Meanwhile her other VP's such as her default or Shadow Claw ones are pretty nice)

Like... If it's gonna cost half of an entire skin in price, can we at least have some pretty simple amenities with them?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Back when I used to play. Which was ages ago. I had all the voice packs for free right out of the gate.

Yeah... Though, there's actually a sale on right now, it's only 100 gems for a voice pack! This is right after they just released a new Voice Pack Chest.

Seems they really want to make money off something that should be baseline for the game >.>

Not to mention, they still don't let you mix and match voice packs and skins (You can only use default skin or the skin you're using. You can't say, use the upcoming Artemis skin with the kawaii Tusky and use the great Oak-Seer voice pack).

Nor do they make it so that using a different voice pack changes non-VGS comments your god makes. Such as when you enter a game, buy an item or return to the fountain at low health. Which makes using skins that have voices you don't like less desirable even if you do own some sick VP's for the god (A prime example would be Kawaii Pop Bastet which has such a shrill voice that it can be actually painful to hear... Meanwhile her other VP's such as her default or Shadow Claw ones are pretty nice)

Like... If it's gonna cost half of an entire skin in price, can we at least have some pretty simple amenities with them?
    if you played ages ago then it must have been centuries for me >_< but atleast we didn't had to spend gems to buy Voicepacks like smite i thought they will make it same as smite later on so i bought all voicepacks for all the champs i owned (which was every single one during the timei used to play) i stopped playing it cuz players were shitty(a lot of toxic, some were just dumb and didn't wanted to listen to what you had to say "hey you are a tank you are supposed to push the payload what are you doing at top of that house - gets no reply at the end of match after loss we get msg from same guy "my team sucks" yes ofc we do)

and yeah at first when i started buying skins and VP in smite i thought we could use diferent VPs on different skins but it wasn't an option which was a bummer
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    if you played ages ago then it must have been centuries for me >_< but atleast we didn't had to spend gems to buy Voicepacks like smite i thought they will make it same as smite later on so i bought all voicepacks for all the champs i owned (which was every single one during the timei used to play) i stopped playing it cuz players were shitty(a lot of toxic, some were just dumb and didn't wanted to listen to what you had to say "hey you are a tank you are supposed to push the payload what are you doing at top of that house - gets no reply at the end of match after loss we get msg from same guy "my team sucks" yes ofc we do)
    I think I played about when it was released... It's possible that later they were like "Yo, we could make people buy this shit!"

But yeah... I stopped playing pretty quick when even after a considerable amount of time, everyone else I was playing with were just so bad it honestly felt like I was playing with AI. Not good AI either, like "Very Easy" AI...

Everyone had the reactions of a potato and objectives may as well have not existed for all that people acknowledged them...

and yeah at first when i started buying skins and VP in smite i thought we could use diferent VPs on different skins but it wasn't an option which was a bummer
    Yeah, seemed odd to me when there's an option for choosing VP's but irregardless you only have "Skin", "God" and "Default" options.

On the plus side, at least we only have to buy each god's VP, not every VP for each individual skin >.>
    Preferred Gods:

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,038
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Another issue is for those in my position who have been allocating $35 or more a month in this game for years, we are now in a position where we have a lot of skins, and can't use favor to buy anything. However, the benefit is it's much easier for people like me to get new content because we have spend so much already. And who uses gems to buy wards? F that. OMG that's right voice packs too cost gems as well. So that means every new char that comes out you allocate 200 gems for the voice pack. Damn Hi-Rez is milking money from me LOL.

I got 600 skins but i havent spent any $ from my own money cuz i have been gifted or gotten for free all of it but i think its around 500$ have been gifted to me through 4+ years not sure if that makes me for a whale
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    dont have to boycott when you never bought a thing in SMITE
    you all just slow as shit bruh
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Achievements:
    I think I played about when it was released... It's possible that later they were like "Yo, we could make people buy this shit!"

But yeah... I stopped playing pretty quick when even after a considerable amount of time, everyone else I was playing with were just so bad it honestly felt like I was playing with AI. Not good AI either, like "Very Easy" AI...

Everyone had the reactions of a potato and objectives may as well have not existed for all that people acknowledged them...
    yeah that must be the case and yeah agreed people were real bad worst thing was they didn't wanted to listen to what you had to say either or were just toxic on top of being really bad

Yeah, seemed odd to me when there's an option for choosing VP's but irregardless you only have "Skin", "God" and "Default" options.

On the plus side, at least we only have to buy each god's VP, not every VP for each individual skin >.>
    please don't give them ideas >.> looking at where the game is going they might actually do that

Achievements:
    yeah that must be the case and yeah agreed people were real bad worst thing was they didn't wanted to listen to what you had to say either or were just toxic on top of being really bad
    I mean... Games were easy. Since I would dominate matches, because I don't react to an enemy jumping up and down shooting me in the face after 5 seconds.

No-one was toxic, no-one really said anything at all. Hence I kept thinking I must still be in the newbie MMR that puts you with AI while you get used to the game...

But no, apparently people really were just potato (Not just my team, which is what got me off Overwatch, their garbage MM system creating "Balanced" teams where I would be high plat about to go master and enemy team would be all mid-plat and my team would be all gold players because "Team average hurr durr" and so I'd drop back to Gold because of so many useless teammates who can't do jack even when I'm tanking for them...)

please don't give them ideas >.> looking at where the game is going they might actually do that
    I can see it now:

Season 6 patch notes:

"People have commented on how expensive voice packs are. So we're reducing their price. Also, we're making it so that you buy each VGS command separately so you can pick your favourite lines to get first! Voice packs will now also be unique to a skin, so if you want your sick new taunts and laughs on a brand new skin, you'll have to collect them from the store first!"

• Voice Packs removed from game.
    • Now each VGS command is purchased on a per-skin basis.
    • Each command costs 150 gems, down from 200.
    Preferred Gods:

Achievements:
    I mean... Games were easy. Since I would dominate matches, because I don't react to an enemy jumping up and down shooting me in the face after 5 seconds.

No-one was toxic, no-one really said anything at all. Hence I kept thinking I must still be in the newbie MMR that puts you with AI while you get used to the game...

But no, apparently people really were just potato (Not just my team, which is what got me off Overwatch, their garbage MM system creating "Balanced" teams where I would be high plat about to go master and enemy team would be all mid-plat and my team would be all gold players because "Team average hurr durr" and so I'd drop back to Gold because of so many useless teammates who can't do jack even when I'm tanking for them...)
    that was actually a thing it was later revealed by hirez that till you reach certain level you will be secretly matched up against bots tricking people into thinking they are super good( a very shit move imo) and if there isn't much people you can also get matched up with bots as well stupid shit if you ask me, atleast LoL tells you outright you have to play bot matches until you have reached certain level

I can see it now:

Season 6 patch notes:

"People have commented on how expensive voice packs are. So we're reducing their price. Also, we're making it so that you buy each VGS command separately so you can pick your favourite lines to get first! Voice packs will now also be unique to a skin, so if you want your sick new taunts and laughs on a brand new skin, you'll have to collect them from the store first!"

• Voice Packs removed from game.
    • Now each VGS command is purchased on a per-skin basis.
    • Each command costs 150 gems, down from 200.
    further patch notes "all direct purchasable skins have been moved to different chests"
    recolor chests will cost 150 gems
    t2 chests will cost 300 gems
    t3 chests will cost 500 gems
    t4 chests will cost 800 gems

good luck on your roll we are always trying to make our game better for everyone thank you for your support