Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Store, Don't buy gems. Community skins don't belong in chests.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,442
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran

Boycott Store, Don't buy gems. Community skins don't belong in chests.

This greedy ass company is milking Smite players to make a new fail game.

PS: From lowrez to minion not exactly an improvement.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,840
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Well, the trajectory is clear.

In season 3, 81% of all skins (T3 and up) was exclusive or limited.
    In season 4, this was 93%.

(See also)

Season 5? It is currently at 97,5%... with 3 direct purchase skins (Crystal Colossus Ymir, Chef Vulcan, and Primal Fire Ares) and 116 exclusives or limited.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    actually i want people to stop buying gems and chests as well but you know people they won't many complain about how devs are greedy and next day they spend few thousand gems on chests

it's just hirez introducing stuff like these checking if their plan will work and yep it does work because there are enough people in the world with enough money to buy and spend gems on chests trying to get the skin and cuz of that hirez keep adding chests
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 727
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yeah, whales are cancer for the game.

They support poor business practices and it's everyone else who suffers.

Buying chests, investing in their silly "Look here, an "Event" where you can buy like 40 skins and get a LIMITED SKIN WOW OMG!" and overall just spending money on all those stupid little additions like jump stamps, death stamps, avatars, loading frames etc that are just worthless trash that you barely ever even see...

Yet people do it. They do it and then complain about how greedy Hi-Rez are. Not realizing that they're just proving to them that its worth it and it works.

Meanwhile, you have companies such as Valve whom do F2P very well with Hat Fortress 2 and Dota 2. To the point where TF2 actually was a one time purchase game until it started making so much money from cosmetic sales that it didn't need to be and became F2P...

Where items are given randomly, but you can trade them for money or other items with players to get what you want.

Where the pressure is taken off of the art team because they even have the players themselves designing a ton of the content which is voted on by the players and then THAT STUFF IS ADDED TO THE GAME. Without any of these BS things where some of the most popular gods in the game lose in a popularity vote against freaking Ganesha or garbage like have an entire subforum filled with tons of very liked and great ideas and then get garbage like last year's Odyssey choices which were so, so bad compared to literally any of the actual player made concepts...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I'm buying that hot yeti the second it comes out.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, whales are cancer for the game.

They support poor business practices and it's everyone else who suffers.

Buying chests, investing in their silly "Look here, an "Event" where you can buy like 40 skins and get a LIMITED SKIN WOW OMG!" and overall just spending money on all those stupid little additions like jump stamps, death stamps, avatars, loading frames etc that are just worthless trash that you barely ever even see...

Yet people do it. They do it and then complain about how greedy Hi-Rez are. Not realizing that they're just proving to them that its worth it and it works.

Meanwhile, you have companies such as Valve whom do F2P very well with Hat Fortress 2 and Dota 2. To the point where TF2 actually was a one time purchase game until it started making so much money from cosmetic sales that it didn't need to be and became F2P...

Where items are given randomly, but you can trade them for money or other items with players to get what you want.

Where the pressure is taken off of the art team because they even have the players themselves designing a ton of the content which is voted on by the players and then THAT STUFF IS ADDED TO THE GAME. Without any of these BS things where some of the most popular gods in the game lose in a popularity vote against freaking Ganesha or garbage like have an entire subforum filled with tons of very liked and great ideas and then get garbage like last year's Odyssey choices which were so, so bad compared to literally any of the actual player made concepts...
    whales are a cancer in every f2p or well most even if you say anything to them you'll get a reply of "it's my money, i do what i want" which isn't actually bad but because of whales other people who pay either less or are f2p suffers a lot
    and i think it's just cheap shit adding community skins to chests

i have heard so many times people complaining on forums about how greedy hirez is and we should stop buying skins etc etc but they were the same person who were buying so many chests and feeding the devs greediness i won't say the names cuz it comes into nameshaming but i'm sure you also know some people like these aswell
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 727
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    whales are a cancer in every f2p or well most
    Not particularly.

In any F2P game that doesn't use a trash business model, whales are actually beneficial.

Since, they're then just supporting the developers if not also fueling the in-game economy.

Notable examples include:

Warframe, where the currency people use to trade in game comes from whales who buy it with real money and then trade it for things people worked for in-game.

Dota 2, where a whale buying a $100 skin has no impact on you RNG getting it after a match like anyone else in the game.

Path of Exile, where people spending tens of thousands of dollars to design content for the game has no impact on other people's ability to play that content when it's released for free.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,040
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by gongsunyiru View Post
    well, the trajectory is clear.

In season 3, 81% of all skins (t3 and up) was exclusive or limited.
    In season 4, this was 93%.

(see also)

season 5? It is currently at 97,5%... With 3 direct purchase skins (crystal colossus ymir, chef vulcan, and primal fire ares) and 116 exclusives or limited.
    Disgustang
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 11-05-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    In a business standpoint, I understand the reason why they want to market their products for players to "put in money" towards the game. I also do comprehend the need to make money to allow the business venture to continue their marketing efforts to sustain the business. However, I'm noticing a lot of skins are requiring gems oppose to using favor. Gems = new content, but they really should allocate more of the other older skins with favor. In addition, to help sustain the market for players who are frugal, they should opt some of skins in a special bargain event by purchasing skins with favor for a duration of time.

Thankfully, I am in a position to allocate a certain amount per month on this game, but sometimes even I stand back and ponder why can't they offer the older skins to be bought by favor. I have like 70-80K favor and can't spend it because I have used gems to buy content and skins, yet can't use favor to buy skins that I don't have since they require gems.

Hence I can see others get frustrated who don't have the means to put money on this game. Hi-Rez should at least offer promotions by giving players skins to purchase by using favor oppose to gems.

Furthermore, as Relanah pointed out, some of the skins that are being offered are not that impressive, yet since they consider that new content, you need gems to buy it.

Each patch that comes out with new content = $35 (2500 gems) min to acquire all the new skins that come out on that patch. Granted it could be more if you have to roll chest. However, t hat's my budget for this game a month (since I think on an average patches come monthly). For me $35 a month is not bad but people who live in other states who don't make a lot of money, that a lot to come up with per month. Even if you look at the gem chart, $15 (800 gems) = that is nothing! That's like 2 skins. So you are forced to buy the option that has a higher gems at a higher price because more gems = buy more content.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 11-06-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Another issue is for those in my position who have been allocating $35 or more a month in this game for years, we are now in a position where we have a lot of skins, and can't use favor to buy anything. However, the benefit is it's much easier for people like me to get new content because we have spend so much already. And who uses gems to buy wards? F that. OMG that's right voice packs too cost gems as well. So that means every new char that comes out you allocate 200 gems for the voice pack. Damn Hi-Rez is milking money from me LOL.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 11-06-2018 at 02:34 AM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!