Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Boycott Store, Don't buy gems. Community skins don't belong in chests.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    To this day I still have no idea why Smite requires you to purchase each gods voice pack, while in Paladins the voice pack comes free with the champion...
    Wow I don't any other Hi-Rez games only Smite, and wow I find that contradictory that one game has free voice packs and another doesn't. Seriously they could at least have voice packs be purchased via favor, and that would help a lot, but alas they want gems = they want your money. Makes me ponder on the salaries of Hi-Rez employees, and how they are sustaining, and I'm gathering Gems are one aspect they rely on for income. Like I said I get why it's needed, but damn give a little back to your consumers.

I'm sure I'm considered a whale because I do have a good job and Smite is a my relaxing hobby but could care less. I am contributing to their market because I enjoy the game, but seeing everyone's perspective, and how some of you broke it down, Hi-Rez should give back some at least. For people like me who spend money in this game, I wish Hi-Rez had a rewards system because that would prompt me to even spend more because I feel they are giving back, but they don't so I make sure my budget is $35 a month.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 11-08-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Okay this new patch to get everything will cost you about $50.00 in gems. I was amazed how much content was needed for gems in this patch. Yet as I stated what's the use of earning favor when there is not much to buy it with.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead Jairone's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I remember once when Jackal Tech Anubis came out, I was talking to some guy in game before an arena match about it.

He was saying he hated the VP and how much it cost to get the skin but he said he "had" to get it anyway because Anubis was his main.

The point is, as long as there are people with this kind of stupid mentality, and trust me there are loads, Low-Rez will continue to pull shit like this and will continue to profit from it.

I know myself that I will never be buying gems with real money from this game again, and I hope other people do the same.
    My mouth is dry from all the salt.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairone View Post
    I know myself that I will never be buying gems with real money from this game again, and I hope other people do the same.
    Yep and me and friend stopped to. Sometimes a 200 gems or 400 gems if we see a good bundle, but that happens once in a blue moon, haven't spend more than 20 box the past 3 years.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I remember once when Jackal Tech Anubis came out, I was talking to some guy in game before an arena match about it.

He was saying he hated the VP and how much it cost to get the skin but he said he "had" to get it anyway because Anubis was his main.

The point is, as long as there are people with this kind of stupid mentality, and trust me there are loads, Low-Rez will continue to pull shit like this and will continue to profit from it.

I'll take your gems.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:

You can't blame players who purchase gems to get what they want. It's their decision and their money, and you calling them stupid is really not fair. The true blame is Hi-Rez and how they market their products, but as with all corporation, there is a need to sell in order to be sustainable in the market. As I stated on my last post they should implement more items to be bought with favor oppose to categorizing all for gems.

In a business point of view, I get why they do it, but there needs to be a balance to satisfy those who can't afford gems, and benefits for those who do constantly spend money in this game. In addition, earning all the fucking favor and not able to spend it is really ridiculous, but consumers will buy the products because they have means to so do, and that is their decision, and we should respect that because they are moving the market. Mind you, their purchases are sustaining the market allowing the game to continue, but w/o buyers the domino effect will result in the end of the game and business. The other coin can be tossed and they can say, "people who don't buy shit are stupid" because they are not supporting and sustaining the market. The economic flip of the coin has it's benefits but also their disadvantages. But then again, Hi-Rez is not Google or a non profit. It's a for profit so their goal is to make and get more money from consumers.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 11-15-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    You can't blame players who purchase gems to get what they want. It's their decision and their money, and you calling them stupid is really not fair. The true blame is Hi-Rez and how they market their products, but as with all corporation, there is a need to sell in order to be sustainable in the market. As I stated on my last post they should implement more items to be bought with favor oppose to categorizing all for gems.

In a business point of view, I get why they do it, but there needs to be a balance to satisfy those who can't afford gems, and benefits for those who do constantly spend money in this game. In addition, earning all the fucking favor and not able to spend it is really ridiculous, but consumers will buy the products because they have means to so do, and that is their decision, and we should respect that because they are moving the market. Mind you, their purchases are sustaining the market allowing the game to continue, but w/o buyers the domino effect will result in the end of the game and business. The other coin can be tossed and they can say, "people who don't buy shit are stupid" because they are not supporting and sustaining the market. The economic flip of the coin has it's benefits but also their disadvantages. But then again, Hi-Rez is not Google or a non profit. It's a for profit so their goal is to make and get more money from consumers.

i have no problem with people buying skins and stuff for gems even i have that kind of mentality i like to have more stuff for my fvt gods in the game but what i find stupid about these people is when same person complaints about chests and bundles and bad practices by hirez and then next moment they spend thousands of gems on chests to get the skin
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    i have no problem with people buying skins and stuff for gems even i have that kind of mentality i like to have more stuff for my fvt gods in the game but what i find stupid about these people is when same person complaints about chests and bundles and bad practices by hirez and then next moment they spend thousands of gems on chests to get the skin
    Indeed, because they are hypocrites, but on the flip side, they buy it because the market appeals to them, and they get angry because it cost. Shit I've done that many times with makeup and clothes LOL. We want free and less costs, but to call consumers stupid because they spend money is like calling you and me stupid because we eat fast food, and we are contributing to obesity. It amazes me how ignorant people are when it comes to the basic concept of economics, but alas they are entitled to their opinion lol.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Cupidhead Jairone's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    You can't blame players who purchase gems to get what they want. It's their decision and their money, and you calling them stupid is really not fair.
    If someone doesn't like a skin or how much it costs but says they have to buy it anyway just because the skin is for a character they play the most, then what type of mentality do you think they have?

Fair enough if they have plenty of money to waste, but I've seen my fair share of jobless kids blowing their parents' cash on this game.