Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Serious Question - Can you actually get banned for playing bad?

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    true some people will always complain no matter what you do
    you add one thing and there will be people who like it and some who don't while having this type of report/ban system is reassuring to people it's a cause of worry to others argh what a complicated world we live in
    Yeah, it's always a tricky thing to try and balance. How quick the system is at punishing toxic players vs how easily it can be abused to infract innocent people.

It's why it's so annoying when people just post stuff like "Report system is garbage, fix it!" like it's just a simple matter of tweaking it one way or another. Especially when they don't know about the posts from BOTH sides of the argument, those whom are victims of false reports and those that feel that their reports against actual toxic behaviour don't seem to matter.

Anything that is super effective at taking trolls out of the game is also easily abused by said trolls to harm regular players. Meanwhile anything that is super effective at protecting regular players is also terrible at dealing with trolls.

But yeah, currently, spam reports are needed to be affected. Say, multiple games with multiple reports (That you don't mitigate with false report feedback) over the course of a couple of weeks or so.

I'm not sure how exactly the system works, but it's possible that it does a linear system of "Remove Goodwill" > "Suspension" > "Ban" meaning that it will always drop your goodwill before you get a suspension allowing you to monitor that as an effective way of monitoring your susceptibility. But it's not guaranteed.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, it's always a tricky thing to try and balance. How quick the system is at punishing toxic players vs how easily it can be abused to infract innocent people.

It's why it's so annoying when people just post stuff like "Report system is garbage, fix it!" like it's just a simple matter of tweaking it one way or another. Especially when they don't know about the posts from BOTH sides of the argument, those whom are victims of false reports and those that feel that their reports against actual toxic behaviour don't seem to matter.

Anything that is super effective at taking trolls out of the game is also easily abused by said trolls to harm regular players. Meanwhile anything that is super effective at protecting regular players is also terrible at dealing with trolls.

But yeah, currently, spam reports are needed to be affected. Say, multiple games with multiple reports (That you don't mitigate with false report feedback) over the course of a couple of weeks or so.

I'm not sure how exactly the system works, but it's possible that it does a linear system of "Remove Goodwill" > "Suspension" > "Ban" meaning that it will always drop your goodwill before you get a suspension allowing you to monitor that as an effective way of monitoring your susceptibility. But it's not guaranteed.
    i've always heard before that what happens is if you get reported a lot over a short time hirez employees the ones responsible for ban and stuff checks your account if the reports are true or not and if they are you get a ban and if they aren't you don't get a ban
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RandoriKitty's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I doubt you can get banned, one guy had the audacity to whisper me and call me hateful names like "fat black pimply b*tch" "filthy n**ger" etc., complete with screen shots and he didn't even get banned.

I will say this hate was induced over me not giving the other team the jungle camps in a joust match because they had a temporary dc, and the dude wasn't in the match and he was trying to defend some crummy bronze V tier streamer. I just said giving jungle camps wasn't a real rule, and then the hate speech started. No ban or action was taken against this individual. So if they don't ban for something that heinous, why would they ban for anything as silly as having a bad match haha.