Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question - Can you actually get banned for playing bad?

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Serious Question - Can you actually get banned for playing bad?

So when starting smite i got threats from people saying they will report me for playing bad tho at first i didn't mind because i was new and still learning and didn't had anything worth in my account so i gave no shits about them if i end up getting banned but i never went to conquest because i was having more fun in arena
    and now that i've actually spent some money and have gotten a lot of skins (including many exclusives) now i'm kinda afraid to go in conquest because i've played it very rarely before and i'm still in learning stages of it and most prolly i'll play bad and will get reported for playing bad
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Theoretically, yes.

If you have terrible stat lines, people can report you for "Intentional Feeding" and otherwise they can report you for "Other" meaning that you can literally be reported for anything because you can type anything you want into the "Other" description box.

If you get reported enough, within a specific timeframe, then automatic reprimands can take place.

This can be mitigated though, by reporting others and explaining that they're making false reports about you claiming that you're feeding when you're just trying to learn the game.

As such, theoretically yes. In practice, there are way, way, way too many horrible players I encounter for it to actually be a thing that occurs.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Theoretically, yes.

If you have terrible stat lines, people can report you for "Intentional Feeding" and otherwise they can report you for "Other" meaning that you can literally be reported for anything because you can type anything you want into the "Other" description box.

If you get reported enough, within a specific timeframe, then automatic reprimands can take place.

This can be mitigated though, by reporting others and explaining that they're making false reports about you claiming that you're feeding when you're just trying to learn the game.

As such, theoretically yes. In practice, there are way, way, way too many horrible players I encounter for it to actually be a thing that occurs.
    any information on how many times you have to get reported in how much short time to get a ban?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    any information on how many times you have to get reported in how much short time to get a ban?
    take note : you dont get banned cause you get reported but because you made something wrong.

you can be reported for anything and everything but if only reports count i'd be banned everyday because i never ever play or build like a mainstream player _ last promise of the day : being reported for not having boots on mercury ... i still wait for the ban

each time i play tank with a noob i get reported for not having heartward or sovereignity and look ... nothing happens

it is not because trolls are sincerely convinced that mods will follow their trail of vomit that you risk something _ and dont tell me you've seen some people banned for nothing cause it is a lie . those posts of players claiming they were banned for nothing are scams , error 666 'nothing' not found

Achievements:
    Not that I'm aware of. Only that they not too long ago made it less likely for random one off style reports to cause anything to happen (I.e. Removing Goodwill)

Needless to say, anything specific is unlikely to be made common knowledge given how utterly abusable that information would be. For example, being toxic af until you almost get banned, then going onto a smurf account while you wait for the timer to reset (While being toxic af on the smurf account too safe in the knowledge that if you do get close to a ban, make a new smurf account!)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Based on the report options the only kind of feeding you should be able to be reported for is INTENTIONAL feeding, but people are jerks and will report anyone who ends with a negative K/D. Keep an eye on your goodwill (the heart stat found in your profile) as the lower it dips, the more likely you are to face some sort of penalty. When I first started ranked conquest my goodwill dipped a TON, and that was the first and only time I got a message saying something along the lines of "we have received a bunch of reports on you, if you continue to be reported your account could be suspended". I learned to wait until my goodwill was at 100% before playing a ranked conquest, and then to make sure I got it back up to 100% again before playing another (usually took about 3 games). This is why automatic punishment systems for anything other than AFKs/leavers are ridiculous, because people can literally report you for absolutely no reason and you WILL get punished for it because the system can't tell the difference.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    This is why automatic punishment systems for anything other than AFKs/leavers are ridiculous, because people can literally report you for absolutely no reason and you WILL get punished for it because the system can't tell the difference.
    But then without this sort of automatic punishment you get a ton of angry players moaning about how there's so many feeders/trolls in their games and they don't feel like the report system actually does anything.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Preferred Gods:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Yes but last time I played it was a bit of a less toxic experience no one raged and caused issues or reported players were simply bad, and I got a buncha messages saying people I reported were finally punished it took forever.

So I am not sure so far i've went awhile and done some ranked without ban only time will tell if it's been fixed but so far last time I played it was much better less toxic will play more eventually and see if it stays this way.

Hopefully when I do play again the toxicity is still gone.

Edit: and to be honest i'd rather have a team full of sh** players even in ranked play than raging.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 11-04-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    take note : you dont get banned cause you get reported but because you made something wrong.

you can be reported for anything and everything but if only reports count i'd be banned everyday because i never ever play or build like a mainstream player _ last promise of the day : being reported for not having boots on mercury ... i still wait for the ban

each time i play tank with a noob i get reported for not having heartward or sovereignity and look ... nothing happens

it is not because trolls are sincerely convinced that mods will follow their trail of vomit that you risk something _ and dont tell me you've seen some people banned for nothing cause it is a lie . those posts of players claiming they were banned for nothing are scams , error 666 'nothing' not found
    ah i see well atleast that's reassuring

Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    Based on the report options the only kind of feeding you should be able to be reported for is INTENTIONAL feeding, but people are jerks and will report anyone who ends with a negative K/D. Keep an eye on your goodwill (the heart stat found in your profile) as the lower it dips, the more likely you are to face some sort of penalty. When I first started ranked conquest my goodwill dipped a TON, and that was the first and only time I got a message saying something along the lines of "we have received a bunch of reports on you, if you continue to be reported your account could be suspended". I learned to wait until my goodwill was at 100% before playing a ranked conquest, and then to make sure I got it back up to 100% again before playing another (usually took about 3 games). This is why automatic punishment systems for anything other than AFKs/leavers are ridiculous, because people can literally report you for absolutely no reason and you WILL get punished for it because the system can't tell the difference.
    hmm will have to keep on lookout on goodwill after each match of conquest i play bad in >_<

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    But then without this sort of automatic punishment you get a ton of angry players moaning about how there's so many feeders/trolls in their games and they don't feel like the report system actually does anything.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    true some people will always complain no matter what you do
    you add one thing and there will be people who like it and some who don't while having this type of report/ban system is reassuring to people it's a cause of worry to others argh what a complicated world we live in