Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Celestial Domination | 5.21 Update Notes

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,840
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru

Celestial Domination | 5.21 Update Notes

Celestial Domination
    5.21 Update Notes

From https://www.smitegame.com/news/celes...1-update-notes
    GOD SKINS

Darkblade Pele
    Exclusive

Righteous Hammer Chaac
    Exclusive

Mystic Archer Artemis
    Limited

Curious Critter Ratatoskr
    Limited

Plushie Khepri
    Exclusive

Ice Queen Aphrodite
    Exclusive

Winter’s Curse Cu Chulainn
    Exclusive
    ADVENTURE – CELESTIAL DOMINATION

The desert battleground of Celestial Domination awaits! Two teams of five players face off against each other across 3 lanes in this glimpse into Smite’s past. Confront the wrath of the desert as you face the Sand Guardians in the shadow of a looming pyramid. Battle for supremacy beneath the heavens themselves. Develop your strategy and use it to dominate your enemies!

Kill, Capture, Defend

Defeat the Sand Guardians to gain control of their capture points. Hold and defend the capture points against the enemy to reduce their tickets!

Embark on a Celestial Adventure

Vie for power against the backdrop of a mystical desert oasis. Battle for dominance at the foot of the time-worn edifice of a great pyramid, a monumental creation which is dwarfed only by the celestial bodies which hang over the battlefield.

Collect Mystic Jewels, Unlock Unique Items

Earn Mystic Jewels from every game of Celestial Domination that you play. Spend Mystic Jewels to roll Mystic Jewel Chests. Some chests contain unique items, exclusive to the Celestial Domination Adventure!

Mystic Archer Bundle

• Mystic Archer Artemis
    • Mystic Archer Music Theme
    • Mystic Archer Ward Skin
    • 5 Odyssey Points
    • 2500 Mystic Jewels
    • 1 Gold Key

HERA’S ODYSSEY – BATTLEGROUND OF THE GODS
    Purchasable Items

• Darkblade Pele
    • Righteous Hammer Chaac
    • Hera’s Peacock Fountain Skin

Bonus Item

• Hera’s Odyssey Pedestal

PROJECT OLYMPUS
    General

• The Learn tab has been updated with a VGS Guide
    • Artemis’ Ability icons have been updated

ITEM BALANCE
    Assault

Stacking items is something we usually remove in Assault to prevent frustration and toxicity. However, these items can be stacked without last hitting minions, and could really help benefit teams in this game mode.

The following items are now allowed in Assault

• Soul Eater

• Bound Gauntlet

• Gauntlet of Thebes

GOD BALANCE
    Chronos

Chronos walks the line between Hunter and Mage. Similar Mages with ADC potential have higher base HP than usual mages, usually due to their lack of long range AoE damage. Chronos fits clearly into this category so his HP is being adjusted to more closely fit with gods like Sol and Freya. –

General

• Increase Base Health from 370 to 400
    • Increased Per Level Health from 70 to 75

Cernunnos

The release of Hera shined more light on the Polymorph effect. Turning players into other creatures effectively Silences and Disarms them, while allowing them to retain complete movement control. The full speed movement of affected enemies was often cited as a weak point of Cernunnos’ ultimate, but he had many powerful aspects of his kit to balance that out. After some balance changes he has fallen down in the meta, allowing us to buff The Wild Hunt while also making the Polymorph effect more consistent across the game.

The Wild Hunt

• Polymorphed targets are now slowed by 20%

Erlang Shen

Erlang’s passive adjustment has made him a top pick, especially in the jungle. His natural boxing potential and ability to shred other high HP characters is a great niche for him, but the current numbers allow him to play too well in too many matchups. We are reducing the max health percent damage to tone down his overall damage output.

Howling Celestial Dog

• Decreased max health percent damage from 2% to 1% per hit

Fenrir

Fenrir has huge damage and control potential, but often felt limited. We are reducing many of his mana costs to make sure Fenrir can use his kit to its full potential. His powerful sustain and stacking mechanics suggest he should excels in fights over longer periods of time, and reduced mana costs should help compliment that further.

Unchained

• Decreased Mana cost from 65/70/75/80/85 to 60/65/70/75/80

Seething Howl

• Decreased Mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 at all ranks

Brutalize

• Decreased Mana cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60/65/70/75/80

Freya

Freya continues to dominate the battleground of the gods since her rework. Her burst damage and lane clear tend to be the strongest aspects of her kit, so we are focusing on Northern Lights. This ability is seeing a base damage decrease to slow down her early game and her combo hits.

Northern Lights

• Decreased Base Damage from 50/90/130/170/210 to 40/80/120/160/200

Mercury

Since the return of Golden Bow (Golden Blade), Mercury has been quickly rising to the top of the meta. Mercury’s ability to move and clear quickly feel core to his themes, but his one shot damage can be frustratingly high. We are decreasing the power boost he can gain from his passive ability for now. We will surely be keeping a close eye on this god going forward, and there will likely be more adjustments in future patches.

Fastest God Alive

• Reduced Power charged per passive stack from 0.1 to 0.08 (50% physical power increase down to 40% physical power increase)

BUG FIXES
    General

• Fixed an issue where player stats were not populating on the Scoreboard

Skins

• Fixed an issue where Moonlit Scout Neith wasn’t properly playing her death FX

UI

• Fixed an issue where the new login screen was not translated in certain languages
    • Fixed an issue where banned or suspended players could not see the duration of their punishment
    • Fixed an issue where the quest menu could go offscreen on certain resolutions

Console

• Addressed an issue with the Controller disconnected message appearing during match lobby and end of match lobby transitions
    • The likelihood of this issue occurring has been significantly decreased

Gods

• Artemis

• Fixed an issue where Gods being grabbed or pulled after being hit by Artemis trap could be placed in an unintended location.

• Hera

• Fixed an issue where slow immune targets were also being immune to Polymorph

MISCELLANEOUS
    Awesome Chest

New additions to the Awesome Chest

• Hellscape Cernunnos
    • Nightbane Jing Wei
    • Half-Life Baron Samedi

Fantasy Points Store

New additions to the Fantasy Points Store

• Eldritch Ra
    • Harajuku Neith
    • Stargazer Anubis

Godlike Chest

New additions to the Godlike Chest

• Super Chill Bacchus
    • Crystal Gaze Medusa
    • SPF 666 The Morrigan

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Oh my! That new Tusky is so damn adorable! ♥♥♥

KotH game mode eh? Could be interesting. Could be absolute cancer with all the gods that can heavily punish grouped teams >.>

God changes don't matter, they're so insignificant that they won't impact pretty much anything. Aside from maybe Cernnunos' ult buff which will make it more annoying.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,040
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    That Freya nerf does absolutely nothing its just 10 base dmg its not even nerf in scaling just the freaking base damage roflmao
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    So we are going to fully acknowledged that Mercury is overpowered because he's so fucking fast and they gave a late game hypercarry an amazing early game tool with a plethora of already great movement speed items; but the only thing we are gonna do is hit his passive by 10%

Man I wish they were this lenient with Artemis.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,040
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    So we are going to fully acknowledged that Mercury is overpowered because he's so fucking fast and they gave a late game hypercarry an amazing early game tool with a plethora of already great movement speed items; but the only thing we are gonna do is hit his passive by 10%

Man I wish they were this lenient with Artemis.
    I just wonder who are doing these balance stuff on their team
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,442
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    See you are saying what I am saying. I am just rude also rainbow, it is Pon, he has no idea, he and Ajax ruined a goid season 5 with god changes. Also they didn't touch Pele's passive and Chernowall. How nice of them.

And oh look, Pele has as many skins as ZK, Shen.

A day that came that Rainbow wants nerf for his Bae :P

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    7 skins - 6 insignificant god balances
    classic hirez

so we are getting exclusive community skins now? GeeGee

was hoping to see a nox skin from datamining in this patch notes but oh well maybe next time will save my gems
    eldritch ra in fantasy hmm that's cool at least
    Last edited by Spartan219; 11-03-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    That Freya nerf does absolutely nothing its just 10 base dmg its not even nerf in scaling just the freaking base damage roflmao
    I mean you gotta be feeling that nerf taking your damage from 1260 before prots down to 1250 before prots!!!

In all honesty though, it's really not hard to actually fix Freya... Just make her ranged basics Ability damage. Meaning, she doesn't get free Poly proc unless she's in melee range.

Since Poly is the source of her crazy burst as it essentially doubles the scaling of her hit with her 1 (When factoring in the basic attack that carries it)

It also has secondary effects, such as making her be potentially a Qin's Mage with Soul Reaver (At the cost of her not synergizing so well with magical AS items)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    At this point, the Freya "nerfs" become as much of a meme as the Irelia "nerfs" in League. For comparison, her movement speed was reduced by a flat 5.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'm loving the new skins esp Kephri and Artemis. Okay Aphro is my main, but I'm not feeling her winter theme skin or her voice pack at all. They should have just given Aphro one of those Mystic skins aka Sailor Moon outfits.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!