Thread: Smurfs (twinks) ruin rank

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Smurfs (twinks) ruin rank

This is to open discussion and suggest solutions. To avoid fighting someone that is obviously higher and ruin the rank tiers whit extra accounts:

If you are one of them go play your own level and stop trying to feel good killing newbs. It ruins the game for new players. (its like a grown man feeling proud he can win a basketball game over a kid)

My solution:

Do not let anyone open a new account from an existing email on file or similar medium.

If a duplicate IP is notice to log in different account that should be flagged.

Etc.. plz help me out guys.
    Last edited by AIGuardian; 10-31-2018 at 11:11 AM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    Do not let anyone open a new account from an existing email on file or similar medium.
    Then 2 people who live together can't play at the same time.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    The problem is that it's extremely hard to do for a F2P game. If you do 1 account per IP address, not only do you lock out siblings/roommates and screw with people that move, but people will just use proxies to get around it anyway. You could make smite pay to play by charging everyone $30 and giving them the godpack as that would discourage smurfs by forcing them to cough out money for each alt, but rich people would still do it anyway and pay to play will make the playerbase go down significantly. I've heard of other mobas that require a mobile phone number verification to activate an account there, but not everyone has those and I know I wouldn't have wanted to sign up for a game that required my phone number as it makes it seem scammy. If you have a better solution for this I'm all ears.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Okay so a player uses their alt account to play and they play their best char. Given there is a greater high percentage to their game, but there is also a downside because their team mates are perhaps not that experienced either so that alt player is forced to carry the game. I seen it many times where smurf players are easily identified but lose horribly because their team mates fail.

There are many players who play the game in the same household so banning all or one is not a solution. There is no way of proofing if it is all one or more people.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Also worth noting forcing 30 bucks per account but giving the godpack would only at best work on PC, as on console owning the Godpack on one account gives it to all other accounts on the console.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The matchmaker will put the smurf into its proper MMR in about 12 matches. I base that on experience from a smurf I made to get the Tyr skin. My 13th match the smurf had higher MMR on guru then my regular account, yep a lv 14 account in a match full of 120-150ths, now you say but wait guru isn't accurate, but I was also top player at draft (meaning I have the highest MMR in game) after 12 games AND I faced same players as I face on my regular account (which means it not just the numbers saying so), so yeah, The matchmaker actually handles smurfs pretty well. http://smite.guru/match/pc/393434981

That said, a smurf is viable to pwn noobs with for 1 or 2 days then fun is over.

So its only viable for people that either constantly make new smurfs and play through the tutorial vs bots to make it happen over and over. Or for players that make a smurf to play and introduce a new friend to smite which I personally think is totally ok.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 11-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    The problem is that it's extremely hard to do for a F2P game. If you do 1 account per IP address, not only do you lock out siblings/roommates and screw with people that move, but people will just use proxies to get around it anyway. You could make smite pay to play by charging everyone $30 and giving them the godpack as that would discourage smurfs by forcing them to cough out money for each alt, but rich people would still do it anyway and pay to play will make the playerbase go down significantly. I've heard of other mobas that require a mobile phone number verification to activate an account there, but not everyone has those and I know I wouldn't have wanted to sign up for a game that required my phone number as it makes it seem scammy. If you have a better solution for this I'm all ears.
    Phone idea sounds good its unique.

MMR dosent help much since u still playing silvers anyway and PC only solution is better than nothing.