Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how good are these build for nox

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    Am I the only one here who plays her support ? Sry if sumone did but think she's much better at this then full dmg just my opinion tho.

Classic full CDR tank build with spear of magus so other mages don't need to get it. Blue boots, amulet/post, sov, BPoV, magus, and which ever other prot item you need. Ie shotguns, gengis, midgardian, switchblade, winged etc etc

All I ask of ppl who play nox is for the love of all that is holy open the team fight with her ulty cuz 40% dmg redux is amazing.
    i'm not good at conquest yet and i'm still learning it so i'm not playing support role with non guardian classes yet
    even if i do want to go and try it the first thing i'll get when people see me picking nox support is a report
    sure i can go in and try and learn but problem comes with people i pick nox support and if i don't do good i'll definitely get a report for either feeding or trolling

i've tried nox support in other modes she works great even with defense items and some dmg items she can still do a lot of dmg and 40% dmg reduction on her ult isn't the only good thing you can pick gem of isolation to slow enemies as her ult deals tick dmg which can help you land your combos easier and help your teammates chase them or well land their combos easier, picking spear of magus and using your 1 to lock an enemy can again help your teammate kill enemies as 1. they will be rooted 2. enemy will have lower protections cuz of spear of magus and your teammates will do more dmg

but again i'm not playing nox support in conquest until i've gotten Atleast decent in that mode or the next thing i know is i've got a ban for trolling in matches :v
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I would not run Nox Support and I am good doing it in non-Conquest modes.
    I find she needs that early CDR for spamming the 2-1 necessary that means either Shoes of Focus and BoV or Chronos for me.
    Neither BoV or Chronos are Support items.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    i'm not good at conquest yet and i'm still learning it
    The problem with learning Conquest is the people playing jank along with the usual problems.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Lets see...

The first build (CDR Boots, Ethereal, Thoth, Tahuti, Poly, Deso) is kind of bad.

Only Deso for penetration. Poly isn't very good on Nox because her combo doesn't let her actually use basic attacks (Since you want to use Shadow Lock right after Siphon Darkness so the enemy doesn't run out of SD and SL prevents your basic attacks for the duration) and without her combo her damage is nothing.

That said, the rest of it is fine. Just get Thoth before Ethereal and whack in an Obs Shard/Magus and another powerspike item like Shaman's Ring, Soul Reaver, Book of the Bread or even a Chronos for more combos.

Second build (Pen Boots, Shaman's Ring, Typhon's, Deso, Soul Reaver, Tahuti) is better but its all over the place.

Firstly, it's missing Thoth which is pretty insane right now (Especially if you're going things like Soul Reaver and Typhon's which have mana to convert into power). It has Typhon's but no Bancroft alongside (To get a powerspike and insane healing if you're low health). 2 kind of half-assed pen items with boots + deso (Where you could have just gone Magus/Obs and gotten a good amount of pen. It's not as if Deso's 10% CDR is actually being capitalized on here)

It'd be fine if it swapped Deso for Obs/Magus and Typhon's/Soul Reaver for Bancroft (Bought as first item after boots).

That said, both of these builds run Tahuti, which I'm not as keen on for Nox personally. Since it's merely 50 more power than any other item due to her not getting much from the passive as her combo blows people up from >50% thus bypassing the passive bonus. 50 power just isn't worth as much as the utility many other items can provide (Such as the movement speed and damage amp from Shaman's Ring, the shield from Book of the Bread, the healing and power amp of Bancroft, the health and CCR from Ethereal)

Heck, I mean, with Book of Thoth, Soul Reaver gives 145 power thanks to its mana so 5 power vs SR's (Albeit meh) proc...

Anyway, on to your suggested build (Pen boots > Magus > Chronos > Obsidian > Deso > Reaver)

Seems a little heavy on penetration and a little light on power. I'd say, pick either Magus or Obsidian and replace the other with 2nd item Thoth.
    Good analysis, the main takeaway I agree with wholeheartedly - Book of Thoth is nuts right now. You're nuts not to get it on her. By level 3 SL (easily pre-10 mins) you are one shotting gobs of minions in lane and can stack swiftly. In scenarios where you are competing to stack and it's slow going, I'd slot in Soul Reaver for a fast power spike, early (even though it's expensive).
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Attackers Blessing is good on anything, its 700 gold and immediately gives 20/25 Power, and fully stacks in a minute or less for 10 Flat Pen. There is no clear winner for magical boots on Nox, both have positives for the character. My preference shifts depending on what role I want to play, but in no way are Pen boots not worth picking up over CDR boots.
    Agree. I tend to like CDR boots more and more, that recent power add from a few patches ago makes them really sweet.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    found these 2 build tho

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...-k-o-nox-13350

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...season-5-19427

in description the person is saying these are strong build seems to be lacking

also suggest a burst build for nox

pen boots - > spear of magus - > chronos - > obsidian - > spear of deso - > soul reaver
    Yeah not feeling those builds that were linked. However, the one you listed is not bad.

Depending on who I'm grouped with, my cookie cutter nox build is: cooldown boots, chronos, Spear, any penetration, Rod of Tahuti or Soul Reaver, then finish it off with w/e Item you see fit. Reason I like this build is Nox relies on her combo so I like my cooldown maxed.

Another build I like but I hate the cooldowns are the stacks build: Book of Thoth, pen or cooldown boots, Warlock Staff, Chronos or dream orb, any penetration item, Rod of Tahuti.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Never buy Spear of the Magus and Obsidian Shard together. Its a complete waste of an item slot.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Never buy Spear of the Magus and Obsidian Shard together. Its a complete waste of an item slot.
    Oh you think so? I use it on my aphro and she seems to do a lot of damage. However, I only use shard if I see a tank and a warrior or 2 warriors or 2 tanks.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 11-19-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Guide Senior Cupidhead MuffinMan17's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Here, help you all out.

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...ed-black-20637

That's a guide posted by Tlaloc (another member) with build contribution and ability write-up from me. This is still viable (last updated September 26th), and has more in-depth discussion on ability use as well.

I have standard mid build, support build, and non-conquest (or teamfight mode without stacking) build.

As an aside, one mid build (titled "Anti-Tank") does have both Spear of the Magus AND Obsidian Shard...this was at the request of another member, as that combo has been seen even in SPL.

Yes, there is a good amount of inefficiency there (flat protection reduction reduces the effectiveness of % pen), but if you're facing a very tanky combo, but still want good function against squishies, it actually allows for both.

This is similar in ways to when hunters build both The Executioner and Titan's Bane...and that combo has been seen a TON. I personally dislike the idea of inefficiencies like that...but it's out there. It's at least an option, and shouldn't be "never." Always leave your options open, as long as you understand how the mechanics work.
    Last edited by MuffinMan17; Yesterday at 07:49 PM.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Oh you think so? I use it on my aphro and she seems to do a lot of damage. However, I only use shard if I see a tank and a warrior or 2 warriors or 2 tanks.
    Realistically, Shard/Magus together is only worth it if the enemy has a ridiculous amount of magical protections, like around 230+. Magus nerfs your own Shard passive making the % ignore of it weaker. If you want Shard badly, just go Desolation or Divine instead of Magus, or vice versa, just not Magus/Shard together.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.