Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how good are these build for nox

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    First build is dated 2016 so skip it, items were different then.

Second is 2018, items have changed so might need modifying.

It depends on how you are planning to use her that decides early build.
    Normally I do a Support Hybrid so I go CDR Boots and more CDR + MP5 next item, early CDR + MP5 allows ability spam and she is known for the 2-1 combo.
    i plann on using her full burst
    support and hybrid builds i'm actually familiar with as i've played a lot o warrior and guardian to build items around enemies and still be able to get good enough dmg tho i can never actually build for full burst i just normally go with i select the power/pen option in item menu and get whatever i can or think will be good here

i've heard nox has one shot potential i've tried different items tho i've never been able to achieve it
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    i've heard nox has one shot potential i've tried different items tho i've never been able to achieve it
    CDR Boots > Book of Thoth > Shaman's Ring > Spear of the Magus > Soul Reaver > Rod of Tahuti

Can drop Tahuti for Chronos if you want a bit more combos and a bit less raw power.

But that's generally a max damage build for Nox.

580 power from raw items
    1550 mana from items
    1010 base mana (Level 25)
    Thus Book of Thoth is giving 128 bonus power

Meaning 708 base power.

12% bonus power from fully stacked passive for a total of 793 power.

Her combo deals 280 + 80% (Shadow Lock) and 370 + 100% (Siphon Darkness)

Meaning a total of 2077 damage. Amped by 10% due to Shaman's Ring to make it 2285 damage.

Which will be mostly true damage against squishies because base mag prots scales up to ~50 which gets shredded by Magus (Plus the flat pen on it)

Average health for squishies: 1600 (Mages) to 2000 (Hunters/Assassins/Warriors)

Thus, one combo, one kill.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    i was watching some sexyrexsi videos and he said that attacker's blessing isn't good on mages and pen boots isn't worth picking up over cdr bots
    Attackers Blessing is good on anything, its 700 gold and immediately gives 20/25 Power, and fully stacks in a minute or less for 10 Flat Pen. There is no clear winner for magical boots on Nox, both have positives for the character. My preference shifts depending on what role I want to play, but in no way are Pen boots not worth picking up over CDR boots.
    Last edited by Goobis; 11-01-2018 at 01:36 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    CDR Boots > Book of Thoth > Shaman's Ring > Spear of the Magus > Soul Reaver > Rod of Tahuti

Can drop Tahuti for Chronos if you want a bit more combos and a bit less raw power.

But that's generally a max damage build for Nox.

580 power from raw items
    1550 mana from items
    1010 base mana (Level 25)
    Thus Book of Thoth is giving 128 bonus power

Meaning 708 base power.

12% bonus power from fully stacked passive for a total of 793 power.

Her combo deals 280 + 80% (Shadow Lock) and 370 + 100% (Siphon Darkness)

Meaning a total of 2077 damage. Amped by 10% due to Shaman's Ring to make it 2285 damage.

Which will be mostly true damage against squishies because base mag prots scales up to ~50 which gets shredded by Magus (Plus the flat pen on it)

Average health for squishies: 1600 (Mages) to 2000 (Hunters/Assassins/Warriors)

Thus, one combo, one kill.
    sweet thanks will try that :3
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Am I the only one here who plays her support ? Sry if sumone did but think she's much better at this then full dmg just my opinion tho.

Classic full CDR tank build with spear of magus so other mages don't need to get it. Blue boots, amulet/post, sov, BPoV, magus, and which ever other prot item you need. Ie shotguns, gengis, midgardian, switchblade, winged etc etc

All I ask of ppl who play nox is for the love of all that is holy open the team fight with her ulty cuz 40% dmg redux is amazing.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    All I ask of ppl who play nox is for the love of all that is holy open the team fight with her ulty cuz 40% dmg redux is amazing.
    It has multiple uses and should be used as such.

No single usage is "Must". Use it in its most effective capacity based on the plays available.

Sometimes opening up a teamfight with it is horrible, because it means that the enemy can disengage and wait the debuff (Or, because everyone's defensively positioned, it only hits the tank and lel who cares about 40% damage reduction on a tank xD)

Sometimes the opportunity will present itself for you to combo someone and take 100% of their damage out of the fight rather than 40% of 1-2 people's damage.

But yeah. Sometimes you'll use it for the debuff during a teamfight. Sometimes you'll use it to snipe a fleeing target. Sometimes you'll use it just for the CC immunity it'll provide. Sometimes you'll use it to do that little extra damage when someone survived your combo with like 1hp and it's too dangerous to dash in.

All are valid plays and all are the best play in different scenarios.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

I missed this, that is OP ffs

IMO nox is so hard to pin down anyway you might as well build a lot of dmg but nothing wrong building a support God if others can supply dmg. Her best tool is the lockdown anyway.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    It has multiple uses and should be used as such.

No single usage is "Must". Use it in its most effective capacity based on the plays available.

Sometimes opening up a teamfight with it is horrible, because it means that the enemy can disengage and wait the debuff (Or, because everyone's defensively positioned, it only hits the tank and lel who cares about 40% damage reduction on a tank xD)

Sometimes the opportunity will present itself for you to combo someone and take 100% of their damage out of the fight rather than 40% of 1-2 people's damage.

But yeah. Sometimes you'll use it for the debuff during a teamfight. Sometimes you'll use it to snipe a fleeing target. Sometimes you'll use it just for the CC immunity it'll provide. Sometimes you'll use it to do that little extra damage when someone survived your combo with like 1hp and it's too dangerous to dash in.

All are valid plays and all are the best play in different scenarios.
    Yes I def agree Rel and I should have specified that I meant using it early but not soo much as the initiate. And it definitely can be used other ways. I just find as a solo person queuing conquest most ppl A. either don't even use the ulty :O or B. whiff it while trying to snipe, kinda like scylla ulty and alot of ppl don't know about the debuff or forget to notice it, kinda like the sneaky upgraded horrific debuff randomly applied after the first seconds of a fight. I like that combo on nox support and it helps make up if you got countered by a heavenly.

Nox is one of my favorite mages, I just have disgusting bursts of not landing the combo. Soo I like her support more lol silence is an undervalued CC and I don't have to worry about "having" to land the combo.

Achievements:
    alot of ppl don't know about the debuff or forget to notice it, kinda like the sneaky upgraded horrific debuff randomly applied after the first seconds of a fight.
    To be fair, a lot of the time the debuff isn't so noticeable. Since, if you build Nox as glass cannon like most people are wont to do, then when you hit the primary damage dealers that would notice a 40% less damage taken, well, you've killed them or close enough anyway xD

600 + 100% damage is no joke. With my previously noted max damage build, you're looking at over 1.2k damage.

Makes it kind of silly in my opinion, having a damage debuff on such a hard hitting skill

Like, Terra ult and Osiris 3 don't deal damage with their application (Terra's is backloaded) so it makes sense, lower their damage and THEN blow them up while they can't trade well. But with Nox it's like "Aha! Now you're doing 40% less damage! Oh your dead... Aha! Now you're doing 100% less damage!"
    Preferred Gods:

Achievements:
    "Aha! Now you're doing 40% less damage! Oh your dead... Aha! Now you're doing 100% less damage!"
    Hahahahah true that ahhh I needed that laugh today