Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how good are these build for nox

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

how good are these build for nox

found these 2 build tho

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...-k-o-nox-13350

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...season-5-19427

in description the person is saying these are strong build seems to be lacking

also suggest a burst build for nox

pen boots - > spear of magus - > chronos - > obsidian - > spear of deso - > soul reaver
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Lets see...

The first build (CDR Boots, Ethereal, Thoth, Tahuti, Poly, Deso) is kind of bad.

Only Deso for penetration. Poly isn't very good on Nox because her combo doesn't let her actually use basic attacks (Since you want to use Shadow Lock right after Siphon Darkness so the enemy doesn't run out of SD and SL prevents your basic attacks for the duration) and without her combo her damage is nothing.

That said, the rest of it is fine. Just get Thoth before Ethereal and whack in an Obs Shard/Magus and another powerspike item like Shaman's Ring, Soul Reaver, Book of the Bread or even a Chronos for more combos.

Second build (Pen Boots, Shaman's Ring, Typhon's, Deso, Soul Reaver, Tahuti) is better but its all over the place.

Firstly, it's missing Thoth which is pretty insane right now (Especially if you're going things like Soul Reaver and Typhon's which have mana to convert into power). It has Typhon's but no Bancroft alongside (To get a powerspike and insane healing if you're low health). 2 kind of half-assed pen items with boots + deso (Where you could have just gone Magus/Obs and gotten a good amount of pen. It's not as if Deso's 10% CDR is actually being capitalized on here)

It'd be fine if it swapped Deso for Obs/Magus and Typhon's/Soul Reaver for Bancroft (Bought as first item after boots).

That said, both of these builds run Tahuti, which I'm not as keen on for Nox personally. Since it's merely 50 more power than any other item due to her not getting much from the passive as her combo blows people up from >50% thus bypassing the passive bonus. 50 power just isn't worth as much as the utility many other items can provide (Such as the movement speed and damage amp from Shaman's Ring, the shield from Book of the Bread, the healing and power amp of Bancroft, the health and CCR from Ethereal)

Heck, I mean, with Book of Thoth, Soul Reaver gives 145 power thanks to its mana so 5 power vs SR's (Albeit meh) proc...

Anyway, on to your suggested build (Pen boots > Magus > Chronos > Obsidian > Deso > Reaver)

Seems a little heavy on penetration and a little light on power. I'd say, pick either Magus or Obsidian and replace the other with 2nd item Thoth.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Lets see...

The first build (CDR Boots, Ethereal, Thoth, Tahuti, Poly, Deso) is kind of bad.

Only Deso for penetration. Poly isn't very good on Nox because her combo doesn't let her actually use basic attacks (Since you want to use Shadow Lock right after Siphon Darkness so the enemy doesn't run out of SD and SL prevents your basic attacks for the duration) and without her combo her damage is nothing.

That said, the rest of it is fine. Just get Thoth before Ethereal and whack in an Obs Shard/Magus and another powerspike item like Shaman's Ring, Soul Reaver, Book of the Bread or even a Chronos for more combos.

Second build (Pen Boots, Shaman's Ring, Typhon's, Deso, Soul Reaver, Tahuti) is better but its all over the place.

Firstly, it's missing Thoth which is pretty insane right now (Especially if you're going things like Soul Reaver and Typhon's which have mana to convert into power). It has Typhon's but no Bancroft alongside (To get a powerspike and insane healing if you're low health). 2 kind of half-assed pen items with boots + deso (Where you could have just gone Magus/Obs and gotten a good amount of pen. It's not as if Deso's 10% CDR is actually being capitalized on here)

It'd be fine if it swapped Deso for Obs/Magus and Typhon's/Soul Reaver for Bancroft (Bought as first item after boots).

That said, both of these builds run Tahuti, which I'm not as keen on for Nox personally. Since it's merely 50 more power than any other item due to her not getting much from the passive as her combo blows people up from >50% thus bypassing the passive bonus. 50 power just isn't worth as much as the utility many other items can provide (Such as the movement speed and damage amp from Shaman's Ring, the shield from Book of the Bread, the healing and power amp of Bancroft, the health and CCR from Ethereal)

Heck, I mean, with Book of Thoth, Soul Reaver gives 145 power thanks to its mana so 5 power vs SR's (Albeit meh) proc...

Anyway, on to your suggested build (Pen boots > Magus > Chronos > Obsidian > Deso > Reaver)

Seems a little heavy on penetration and a little light on power. I'd say, pick either Magus or Obsidian and replace the other with 2nd item Thoth.
    is typhoon's not good without banscroft?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    is typhoon's not good without banscroft?
    More or less.

Essentially it comes down to Bancroft is the better stand alone item, meaning that the only reason to think about going Typhon's is when you already have Bancroft.

Not to mention, Typhon's really shines when you have 1) A lot of Lifesteal to turn into % power and 2) A lot of base power to multiply. Which is exactly what Bancroft's passive gives.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    If anyone ever suggests building Nox with Polynomicon, ignore it and look for a build elsewhere.

If you want a basic burst build.

Attackers Blessing/Mages Blessing
    Shoes of the Magi
    Book of Thoth
    Spear of the Magus/Chronos Pendant
    Chronos Pendant/Spear of the Magus
    Spear of Desolation
    Soul Reaver/Ethereal Staff
    Last edited by Goobis; 10-28-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Poly on nox can work but I think you should run it with spear of magus then. Lock people in combo - remove all prots, hit them with a poly hit at the end. I could see it working. But not with etheral.

If you go spear of magus I think you can go Blue boots cause your flat pen is enough if you land combo, through all early game, also the cdr and mana is nice.

Extra MS on a catch God like nox is never wrong.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    If anyone ever suggests building Nox with Polynomicon, ignore it and look for a build elsewhere.

If you want a basic burst build.

Attackers Blessing/Mages Blessing
    Shoes of the Magi
    Book of Thoth
    Spear of the Magus/Chronos Pendant
    Chronos Pendant/Spear of the Magus
    Spear of Desolation
    Soul Reaver/Ethereal Staff
    i was watching some sexyrexsi videos and he said that attacker's blessing isn't good on mages and pen boots isn't worth picking up over cdr bots

Achievements:
    i was watching some sexyrexsi videos and he said that attacker's blessing isn't good on mages and pen boots isn't worth picking up over cdr bots
    It depends. Sometimes that early pen from Attacker's Blessing or Pen Boots can give you a bit more oomph with your damage.

Otherwise, yeah, in general Mages Blessing/CDR Boots are the defacto options because CDR is king (Especially since Shoes of Focus got buffed up to 55 power like Magi so technically CDR boots gives more power thanks to the mana on them and Book of Thoth)

Before the change to Mage's Blessing, there'd be a bit more weight on Attackers for gods that didn't really get as much out of the damage proc, but now that Mage's gives 20 power in of itself (AND the damage proc AND the MP5 AND the CDR) it just blows Attackers out of the water for the most part.

THAT SAID, starter items are not meta right now. With most people opting to pick up T2 book as their starter because lel 65 power 125 mana. Also, it then gives you the option to either rush Thoth immediately or you can pick up boots first if you're not getting free farm.
    Preferred Gods:

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    my personnal opinion about NOX is :
    _results/kills greatly depends on the support she has and the way you play her = if you are good you have the kill , if you have support THEY have the kill , and if you are not good and have no support you kill nothing.

the most important is to have a good rate of success with the combo 2+1 whatever the build you use

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    found these 2 build tho

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...-k-o-nox-13350

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guid...season-5-19427

in description the person is saying these are strong build seems to be lacking

also suggest a burst build for nox

pen boots - > spear of magus - > chronos - > obsidian - > spear of deso - > soul reaver
    First build is dated 2016 so skip it, items were different then.

Second is 2018, items have changed so might need modifying.

It depends on how you are planning to use her that decides early build.
    Normally I do a Support Hybrid so I go CDR Boots and more CDR + MP5 next item, early CDR + MP5 allows ability spam and she is known for the 2-1 combo.