Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Ratatoskr?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!

Arrow What happened to Ratatoskr?

He was seemingly OP and then got some nerfs and became quite absent in the meta. I haven't seen a single Ratatoskr after returning to Smite recently. I stopped maining him due to his rework and nerfs but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks? I still prefer his old kit in every way but I know that it probably isn't going to return- that would've been done ages ago if it were needed.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    https://smite.gg/god/ratatoskr
    He's not bad, but he's not necessarily good either.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Same thing that happened to Thor, people stopped playing him for no reason (Well... Mostly the reason is that Mercury + Golden Blade = OP af)

He's still decent. Semi-global mobility and a healthy amount of CC and damage is never a bad thing for an Assassin. Can fit into any comp and do just fine.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i dont know about other modes _ i only play assault _ but down there rata is just DEAD
    _cant endure long fights
    _cant endure 1v5 fights
    _cant...

unless you are 1v1 against a reduced enemy your rata is DEAD , the heal from skill is an epic lie .no hp no rez no dmg , if you want something from rata ou have to equip it , and you wont have enuf slots for items to make it good

in general melee characters in this game are ruined since their first day of conception :
    _range = 0
    _radius of attack = just in front of , angle 0°
    _radius of damages = 0 (no splash)
    =you only can touch 1 enemy at a time only if in front of your nose , slightly on the side = miss , just one step away = miss , your god makes BIG MOVES but ... no forget about it

and rata , it is a light squirrel with short arms that cant change a game , unless ... very special condition leading to the "ideal situation" previously described

i dont & cant remember how it was , but i know how it is = i bought it just because i like squirrels' furr , otherwise rata is unplayable in real situations (when i say real = you know , when you fight for real ... not that sissy mode called conquest )
    Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 10-27-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Sounds like he's gone downhill... He was honestly the most fun and unique character BEFORE his rework. They ruined the quick-thinking and dashing squirrel, even past his nerfs as his cooldownds were increased and the cooldown reductions from his abilities were also reduced! Poor guy :/

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by iKhallum View Post
    Sounds like he's gone downhill... He was honestly the most fun and unique character BEFORE his rework. They ruined the quick-thinking and dashing squirrel, even past his nerfs as his cooldownds were increased and the cooldown reductions from his abilities were also reduced! Poor guy :/
    He sees sporadic play in competitive. Like, every now and then he becomes the go-to jungler for a while which results in a nerf (Most recently, the cooldown increase on his ultimate)

Meanwhile, Athena is sat there being a global presence and top pick/ban for her entire existence and nary a change... #JustHiRezThings

Interesting is Rat gets picked over Thor, whom provides a near identical kit, while Thor keeps getting buffed and Rat keeps getting nerfed.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,558
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    To be short; The overpowered jungler got pushed out by two junglers who are even more overpowered.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    He was popular in Leagues recently then his Ult got nerfed by a cooldown increase.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rat is obviously going to take a kick back to the curb when Merc got GB again. Can't wait to see how HR is going to approach the issue; nerf Merc into Oblivion, or possibly nerf GB which is only going to destroy the prospect of various assassins being able to lane again.

Or probably buff those assassins and risk them taking the spotlight. God, this feels like a thriller.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Part of the problem with any God who sits hig in meta for too long is that people adapt to playing against him. Some of the reasons some gods seem to come out of nowhere in the split is because they've been good for a while, just that people forgot how to play against them, so they excel, even if they haven't had any buffs/nerfs. Rat was not only nerfed, but people had learned his counters and started playing them better.