Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Surrender option (F6)

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by PopZ View Post
    People who don't vote when the surrender option comes out shouldn't have their vote auto-default to no. If they don't vote then they don't vote so if it's a 3-1 the surrender should go through instead of having to sit through a game because people like to be an ass and not use their vote.
    agreed with this i really hate when 3-1 voting has been done but one person decides not to vote anything and then we have to go through whole match

Quote Originally Posted by Wizpa View Post
    Honestly I did expect people to give arguments for surrendering. In my personal game experience, me and my team had much more pragmatic and interesting games, when we did not surrender and continued. And somehow ended by victory. And as well, I did not expect people to react offensively. What did I expect is a logical, with solid arguments and not offensive based answers.

So, my idea was to create two different queues - 1 as it is, and another ones with a checkbox "no f6 vote" and the queues do not interfere with each other.
    I would rather wait a couple of mins more for that second option, and to have qualitative games rather then a bunch of f6 games I, personally experience often. So, in other words, even if a small amount of players would make their option to a no f6 game, I would be one of them, and sure have a better smite experience.
    Maybe as a beta. If it is not worth it - then exclude this totally.

Why is that a matter for me? - because this lack of option does shift me to spending less time in Smite, even if 1 player, still counts for a developer's goals. In a battle of Gods, there should be no surrenders!

Good luck and God bless!
    we are giving arguments some people are toxic because F7 warriors are a pain to deal with it's a game and you play the game to have fun when you are getting pubstomped hard i prefer to go next match to have "fun" i'm not saying we should surrender all games it's just the ones where you are getting pubstomped hard and behind levels and gold by a lot comeback is a thing i've had games where we did good comebacks but it happens only when you are not behind by a lot and you are working as a team but if one of your teammates is always jumping ahead and dying one person is always just only busy killing minions and don't want to join teamfights and you are behind by 10k-15k gold it's those types of matches where surrendering is better option because there's no point left to it and by being an F7 you are just wasting people's time
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizpa View Post
    Hello dear Smite,

I've been smiting a while, sometimes more often, sometimes really rare. This is actually my first post on the forum, which I never read and I'm not sure whether I'm addressing to the right forum path. I did find particular Gods that kept me in game, especially Loki, Baron Samedi, and for now I'm really loving Kali. Well, congrats on their designing!

One issue though, I really consider toxic for me personally, is that there is no option for playing without the Power of f6. I really never give my option for surrendering; I'm in for the game. If not a win - then a hard win for the other team. Although, it seems to me, that a large amount of my gaming hours, the games end by 10-12 min, right after f6 option.

Please, give the player a small checkbox where he can find games where there is no F6 option.

[VVGF]
    I do admire your determination and spirit that your game can hopefully turn the game around, and don't get me wrong, I have seen it happen. Although I do feel that staying in game (even if losing) has it benefits if you are trying to learn a character. The time spent in matches can lead to learning how to play your character. However, in the game as a whole, sometimes it's best to quit and move on oppose to it being dragged out for another 5-10 minutes. Most people don't want to invest in that time, and feel it's best to move on.

Why not simply F7, since it sounds like you're one of those f7 warriors anyways that doesn't know when a game is considered over.
    LMAO that made me laugh.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    People who don't vote when the surrender option comes out shouldn't have their vote auto-default to no. If they don't vote then they don't vote so if it's a 3-1 the surrender should go through instead of having to sit through a game because people like to be an ass and not use their vote.
    The trolling potential alone would rule this out as a bad idea to begin with.

That being said, considering the sheer amount of people who starts a surrender vote because they are having a bad game even if the team is ahead, or starts the vote when the game is in enemy favor, but very clearly not lost has to be taken into consideration and as such a mechanic like this should never be introduced into the game.

I'm not saying that a game shouldn't be surrendered if it's unwinnable, but there is a lot of cases where at the first sign of a hard fight people just surrender because its easier.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaroz View Post
    The trolling potential alone would rule this out as a bad idea to begin with.

That being said, considering the sheer amount of people who starts a surrender vote because they are having a bad game even if the team is ahead, or starts the vote when the game is in enemy favor, but very clearly not lost has to be taken into consideration and as such a mechanic like this should never be introduced into the game.
    It's not hard to vote no within the timeframe in order for that particular suggestion to not actually do anything.

Since, if you read closely, they're suggesting that unused votes don't count towards the total, I.e. If 2 people vote No then the surrender doesn't happen at all. But if 3 people vote Yes, 1 person votes No and 1 person doesn't vote, then it'd go through because clearly the person who didn't vote didn't care enough to actually put their vote in.

How useful it would actually be... Is hard to say. It's often like people don't vote because as long as there isn't an insta-4 Yes then they actually don't need to in order to prevent the surrender. Meaning you'd just get more people pressing F7 to veto the vote.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Oh, thank you for the replies.
    I honestly didn't know who and what are those "f7" warriors, but i do surrender when it's obvious a lose. But as well is frustrating, when we got say a tower destroyed, and the other team surrenders immediately.
    Have fun, see you in game
    Last edited by Wizpa; 11-03-2018 at 07:55 AM.