Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Surrender option (F6)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357

Surrender option (F6)

Hello dear Smite,

I've been smiting a while, sometimes more often, sometimes really rare. This is actually my first post on the forum, which I never read and I'm not sure whether I'm addressing to the right forum path. I did find particular Gods that kept me in game, especially Loki, Baron Samedi, and for now I'm really loving Kali. Well, congrats on their designing!

One issue though, I really consider toxic for me personally, is that there is no option for playing without the Power of f6. I really never give my option for surrendering; I'm in for the game. If not a win - then a hard win for the other team. Although, it seems to me, that a large amount of my gaming hours, the games end by 10-12 min, right after f6 option.

Please, give the player a small checkbox where he can find games where there is no F6 option.

[VVGF]

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Why not simply F7, since it sounds like you're one of those f7 warriors anyways that doesn't know when a game is considered over.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,812
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizpa View Post
    Please, give the player a small checkbox where he can find games where there is no F6 option.
    I hope you enjoy a doubling of your queue time too.

Well, honestly, I consider those games where 10 min pass, it's a say 2-12 score, but not a tower touched. and f6. It's really disturbing.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,357
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Oh, so you're one of those F7 warriors who wastes your team's time for no good reason when it's very obviously a losing game? Yeah, go fuck yourself. We don't need anything making queues longer just so you can keep being an entitled cunt.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Well, honestly, I consider those games where 10 min pass, it's a say 2-12 score, but not a tower touched. and f6. It's really disturbing.
    While a 2-12 score isn't the end all for a game being over, it can quite easily snowball into your titan being taken.

Since, depending where those kills ended up, you can have a really fed Assassin or Hunter who is able to just blow people up and then go shred the Fire Giant and then their team is pushing with a player advantage, a fed core and Fire Giant buff. Which would be free T1/T2 towers (For a ton of team gold) or a straight up push down a lane into the Phoenix where any more pick offs can open up ending the game.

It's one of those things, especially in Conquest where a team that's ahead can snowball further because of high value objectives like Gold Fury and Fire Giant that won't be contestable.

Not to say, it's not winnable. Heck, depending on play a team that's 10 kills ahead might not even have a significant gold lead (If at all) if they spent too much time setting up ganks and lost a lot of farm in lanes and jungle...

But at the end of the day, it's a game, it's meant to be fun. Many people don't find fighting from massively behind fun, hence the surrender option, allowing them to leave and try and get into a match that's a bit closer.

A separate queue for a disabled surrender option is unlikely to be very popular (Also, would further split the already fairly fractured population) if only because leavers and the like making surrender just the best option for everyone in the game...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    there is only a few people who like to F7 all the time if there would be a queue for specially those it would make queues very very long

but it might be a good thing cuz atleast then we'll have team surrender when it's clear the match is a loss but we don't get a surrender because even tho 3 person picked for F6 one person decides to press F7 and one didn't even saw something is on screen or doesn't bother and then we just have to go along and keep playing even tho no one's having fun and enemy team is clearly outlevelling us and have much more gold but we still have to keep moving out of fountain and act like we are interested or else we'll get reported

but there also are some stupid people who are just like "enemy team got first blood" okay go surrender at f10 like calm the fuck down
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    People who don't vote when the surrender option comes out shouldn't have their vote auto-default to no. If they don't vote then they don't vote so if it's a 3-1 the surrender should go through instead of having to sit through a game because people like to be an ass and not use their vote.

Honestly I did expect people to give arguments for surrendering. In my personal game experience, me and my team had much more pragmatic and interesting games, when we did not surrender and continued. And somehow ended by victory. And as well, I did not expect people to react offensively. What did I expect is a logical, with solid arguments and not offensive based answers.

So, my idea was to create two different queues - 1 as it is, and another ones with a checkbox "no f6 vote" and the queues do not interfere with each other.
    I would rather wait a couple of mins more for that second option, and to have qualitative games rather then a bunch of f6 games I, personally experience often. So, in other words, even if a small amount of players would make their option to a no f6 game, I would be one of them, and sure have a better smite experience.
    Maybe as a beta. If it is not worth it - then exclude this totally.

Why is that a matter for me? - because this lack of option does shift me to spending less time in Smite, even if 1 player, still counts for a developer's goals. In a battle of Gods, there should be no surrenders!

Good luck and God bless!
    Last edited by Wizpa; 10-28-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Honestly I did expect people to give arguments for surrendering. In my personal game experience, me and my team had much more pragmatic and interesting games, when we did not surrender and continued.
    Meanwhile, in my personal experience, I've had way, way, way more games where a surrender vote was veto'd an the result was a horrible match where the other team was just farming kills because they were so far ahead and the end result was still a loss except it took at extra 10-20 minutes of being completely not fun for anyone, than I have games where a veto'd surrender actually lead to an interesting and fun game (Even if it resulted in a win, it's not always a fun game especially if you only won because the enemy made one mistake and trolololo late game 1+ minute respawn timers)

And as well, I did not expect people to react offensively. What did I expect is a logical, with solid arguments and not offensive based answers.
    F7 warriors (I.e. People who always press F7 the instant a surrender vote comes up, irregardless of the state of the game) are absolutely awful to deal with and cause so much toxicity within the game it's actually a surprise that something hasn't been done to address them.

Since, a simple act of pressing F7 can cause everyone else on their team to have to sit around in a not fun game. You know what happens when people are stuck inside of a not fun game? They get salty. You know what happens when you create a playerbase that's super salty all the time because people waste their time? MAJOR TOXICITY.

As such, of course there's going to be insults slung at you if you out yourself as an F7 warrior.

Of course, by no means is voting no on a surrender a sin, it's just that there are times when it's completely obvious that the game is over by 10 minutes (To be honest, a fair number of games I've gotten good at guessing who wins after the god selection screen... There are comps that just are trash from the get-go and outside massive outplays (I.e. Poor matchmaking) are doomed to fail) and when people put their own idiotic belief that somehow maybe the game will randomly not be a loss over the time and enjoyment of the rest of the team it's highly infuriating.

So, my idea was to create two different queues - 1 as it is, and another ones with a checkbox "no f6 vote" and the queues do not interfere with each other.
    The issue is that the queues WOULD interfere with one another. By the very fact that people that are queuing up now will end up deciding to queue for either games with or without surrendering. Splitting the playerbase yet another time (Between the already quite split 11 different queues, adding in ANOTHER 11 queues for adding "No surrender" queues would really spread players out thinly)

I would rather wait a couple of mins more for that second option, and to have qualitative games rather then a bunch of f6 games I, personally experience often. So, in other words, even if a small amount of players would make their option to a no f6 game, I would be one of them, and sure have a better smite experience.
    The issue is it's likely going to take more than a couple of minutes extra with split queues. Especially if the majority of people don't share your opinion that no surrenders ever is a good idea.

Meanwhile, you can prevent surrenders by playing with someone else. 2 veto's is enough to stop every surrender vote from going through (But be prepared for having a lot of toxic abuse in chat if you do this)

Or better yet, find 4 other people to play with who don't want to surrender ever and then you cause no disruption to anyone else and get to have your no surrender queue.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!