Thread: Getting BANNED for leaving during Pick/Ban?!?!

New Member Cupidhead CaptainICasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Angry Getting BANNED for leaving during Pick/Ban?!?!

So I queued for Rank Conquest and soon accepted and got into the pick/bans sessions. Just then I got a emergency notice that I had to leave within 20 minutes so instead of waiting through the pick/bans, playing the game and leaving midway, I simply exited the game to spare my teammates the effort.

Then when I got back I had apparently been banned for "match griefing". Was it because I left during pick and bans that I was banned for a petty reasons that afflicted no one?

If so I consider it pretty bs and I want my account unbanned or at least and indicator for how long its banned for since its stuck on "@@".

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    You probably did something more than that in the past and it just caught up with you is all.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Doing it multiple times, or if you have a previous offense history or already had low goodwill for other reasons, will get you banned. Even if you leave during lobby everyone else is forced to requeue, and with the new match timers taking 10+ minutes per mode to start it's definitely an inconvenience. It's also needed to prevent people from leaving just because they didn't get the pick they wanted. (Can you imagine how long it would take to get a conquest together if everybody left whenever they got stuck with support?) Real life does happen, but hi rez has no way of confirming it so everyone has to be treated equally.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 10-26-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    you might have surely done something else in past matches which made people report you, it's just a coincidence that you got a ban just now after leaving the lobby that's all
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 3,038
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    We dont allow Discussing Disciplinary Actions on the Smite Forums if you wish to discuss it then do it through Support Ticket

Closing
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*