Thread: Redesign Cu Chulainn Please

Junior Member Cupidhead Dunckmang's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Redesign Cu Chulainn Please

As a returning player playing Assault, I find it incredibly short-sighted and outright a mistake to make such a character have a kit so outrageous and complicated. I don't have time in an assault game to read everything about particle physics, so why assume I have time to read the billions of words that make up his abilities?

He's just WAY too complicated and unnecessary, I don't see how he can even work in this game. Isn't the point of the game to NOT get hit? I don't know when he was introduced into this game but he needs to be shown the door - or at least redesigned to have mana and fit in like all the other gods.

Maybe someone here can explain how he works to me? Every time I try him out in practice mode or unfortunately get him in assault/random pick games I just end up naming every better god or god that utterly destroys him. Someone explain this to me?

This has given me a headache and has severely hurt my respect for Hi-Rez Unless I'm missing something.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    >assault

This is not a basis on which to rework a character. The game is balanced around Conquest. On top of that, you're saying to take away the one thing that makes him unique. The game isn't going to change because you're too lazy to read a god's tooltips. If you want to know how he works, read his page on the wiki. Otherwise, don't complain about something you're not willing to go out of your way to understand.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    You're right, best to reroll him every time and pretend he doesn't exist. Clearly he's not important enough to the game to learn about if it's the player's fault he's badly designed.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    > One of if not the best Warrior in the game
    > "He must be badly designed"

He's not even that complicated.

His 1 is a line attack (This roots while enraged)

His 2 is a damage aura like Mystical Mail

His 3 is a mobility skill (Leap or a dash)

His 4 is a PBAoE skill (Knock up/Tremble)

He gets rage from hitting things or being hit.

Transform into hulk smash mode by being at 85+ rage.

What's complicated about that?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunckmang View Post
    You're right, best to reroll him every time and pretend he doesn't exist. Clearly he's not important enough to the game to learn about if it's the player's fault he's badly designed.
    It is your fault. You're literally saying you're not reading his tooltips to learn what he does. You're demanding for the game to change for you because you're lazy.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    It's a new day, looking back I was indeed rude. I was salty from having leaver after leaver in my games, sorry

I still stand by what I said about him being overly complicated but I could've worded it differently. Personally I think making a rage-character that DOESN'T transform and a normal character who does would've been better game design imo. However now I just wanna suggest making his skills more simple. (or at least worded better?) Sorry for being a rude butt.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunckmang View Post
    It's a new day, looking back I was indeed rude. I was salty from having leaver after leaver in my games, sorry
    No big, I think we're all used to it by now. These forums aren't exactly the most wholesome place...

I still stand by what I said about him being overly complicated but I could've worded it differently. Personally I think making a rage-character that DOESN'T transform and a normal character who does would've been better game design imo. However now I just wanna suggest making his skills more simple. (or at least worded better?) Sorry for being a rude butt.
    Here's the thing: the transformation is tied to his use of Rage rather than Mana. Cu Chulainn's identity is rooted in his combination of a unique resource and a passive equivalent of Fafnir's ult. Character complexity is not bad design, and his tooltips are mostly succinct as it is. If anything, his kit is to simplistic because the only unique thing about him is his passive.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Cu is pretty well designed bruh, and playing assault is the reason you probably think he isnt lmao
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Cu is pretty well designed bruh, and playing assault is the reason you probably think he isnt lmao
    Alright look I don't care what you gotta say about Setanta, ya can't just walkin in here with macro furry vore right in your fuckin avatar like that man. Otherwise, I get to make my avatar some fetish shit.

Reach for the fuckin sky, potatohead

Muh Concepts