Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on Hera?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    I wanted Skadi, I got Aphrodite without a heal or good cc.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    That's an idea too but the Argus doesn't have a great pizazz or fame like Herra.
    But then neither does her kit.

Literally half her kit is "Argus go do something!"

All she has herself is the polymorph and the shield (Which also is a stim for Argus...)

Very little about her kit feels noteworthy for the Queen of the Gods.

It just feels like Argus took the spotlight, ironically. But then because he's just a summon and doesn't even have the courtesy to gain defensive stats off what you build like Nu Wa's soldiers do (They get a percent of your health) it just falls flat.

I really feel they can rework her better and just make her into a tank.
    But at the same time, you could easily just make Argus into that tank. Given that he's the major part of the current kit. It would be easy to do. All you need to do is give him a new 2 that provides CC and tune the 3's speed boost and damage aura and make the ult a leap or something instead of a summon. Then you've got yourself a tank.

Allowing Hera to get a kit that's actually up to par with her notoriety. A kit where she, and her position are the focus. She could even be a proper mage, not yet another solo mage that's crap at being a mage but works well as a tank, given that Baron also ended up being a tank/support mage...

I used her as a bruiser and she did pretty well, but alas my dps was shit, but still she has that potential of being a great tank.
    I also used her as a bruiser and did well. I still did decent DPS though, ended up 3rd highest damage with 21k in Arena. I went CDR Boots/Stone of Binding/BoV/Genji/Urchin/Ethereal (So I guess I technically did more damage as I don't think Ethereal's health reduction is accounted for on the scoreboard?)

This is only going to improve next patch when her 1 does more damage and her 3 is getting CDR from her passive as well as a boost in how strong it is.

But still, while she works mechanically and will be getting numerical improvements next patch, the fact remains that her kit just doesn't have the focus in the right place. It's all about having Argus do everything for her like a manservant.

From Hi-Rez's "Hera A Closer Look" page:

Hera, Queen of the Gods, is a complex and regal goddess. She is the patroness of women, marriage, and family, but she is also much more than that. Hera has overseen many great events in mythology and has used her power to shape the path of history. The Queen of the Gods can influence anyone, even other divine beings.

Apparently means "Argus, go punch someone"

The Queen of the Gods is powerful and wise. Her Mythology is filled with vengeance and jealousy, but these are traits that she is trying to overcome as she becomes more of a leader.

Trying to overcome her vengeance and jealousy and become a leader by... "Argus, go punch someone!"

The Iliad shows her as cunning and tactful, yet motivated by envy. She executes an elaborate plan with the goddess Athena to cause the downfall of Troy, encountering many other Greek gods in the process.

Cunning and tactful... *Ahem* "Argus, go punch someone"

For each situation she navigates, she either convinces others to help her, manipulates and betrays them, or send her subjects to enforce her desires.

Convinces others to help her, manipulates and betrays them... That sounds like she could have some unique gameplay with skills that buff AND debuff both friendly and enemy gods...

Instead, it's all about that last line and "Argus, go punch someone"

Hera constantly defies Zeus in mythology. In the world of SMITE she is even more free to seek her own place of power.

Honestly, it's starting to sound as if Hi-Rez are just shipping Hera x Argus at this point...

She has been absent from the Battleground for so long and she will need to rely on her diplomacy skills and displays of power to prove her worth.

Rely on diplomacy and displays of power... Displays like "Yo Argus, go punch someone kay fam?"

Hera keeps her jealousy and vengeance suppressed as much as possible and she rises up the ranks. However noble her actions may be, these emotions constantly lurk below the surface, providing her with the a dangerous ambition to be the best.

Dangerous ambition to be the best...

By relying on someone else to be the best FOR HER...

I was thinking too that maybe try to copy Tera. Like have buffs when Argus is up with auras or something.
    But that will still mean that her kit is still not really about her. It'll just be something that could literally be copy/pasted onto an "Argus" god instead.

Maybe change his ult and have her ride him and kill everything aka like Vamana when he turns into a giant lol.
    So make Vamana's already not particularly unique kit even less unique, whilst also further making Hera's kit just Argus' while she stands around being an irrelevant part of the actual god...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    Ive seen 1 out of maybe 40 heras since release beeing fed, everyone else just feeds.
    Ive played all game modes and I dont think she is that difficult to use that no one can play her so, Is it me or is it me?
    Because her kit is so unique and people are trying out how to use it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    I wanted Skadi, I got Aphrodite without a heal or good cc.
    LOL girl bye LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    But then neither does her kit.

Literally half her kit is "Argus go do something!"

All she has herself is the polymorph and the shield (Which also is a stim for Argus...)

Very little about her kit feels noteworthy for the Queen of the Gods.

It just feels like Argus took the spotlight, ironically. But then because he's just a summon and doesn't even have the courtesy to gain defensive stats off what you build like Nu Wa's soldiers do (They get a percent of your health) it just falls flat.

But at the same time, you could easily just make Argus into that tank. Given that he's the major part of the current kit. It would be easy to do. All you need to do is give him a new 2 that provides CC and tune the 3's speed boost and damage aura and make the ult a leap or something instead of a summon. Then you've got yourself a tank.

Allowing Hera to get a kit that's actually up to par with her notoriety. A kit where she, and her position are the focus. She could even be a proper mage, not yet another solo mage that's crap at being a mage but works well as a tank, given that Baron also ended up being a tank/support mage...

I also used her as a bruiser and did well. I still did decent DPS though, ended up 3rd highest damage with 21k in Arena. I went CDR Boots/Stone of Binding/BoV/Genji/Urchin/Ethereal (So I guess I technically did more damage as I don't think Ethereal's health reduction is accounted for on the scoreboard?)

This is only going to improve next patch when her 1 does more damage and her 3 is getting CDR from her passive as well as a boost in how strong it is.

But still, while she works mechanically and will be getting numerical improvements next patch, the fact remains that her kit just doesn't have the focus in the right place. It's all about having Argus do everything for her like a manservant.

From Hi-Rez's "Hera A Closer Look" page:

Hera, Queen of the Gods, is a complex and regal goddess. She is the patroness of women, marriage, and family, but she is also much more than that. Hera has overseen many great events in mythology and has used her power to shape the path of history. The Queen of the Gods can influence anyone, even other divine beings.

Apparently means "Argus, go punch someone"

The Queen of the Gods is powerful and wise. Her Mythology is filled with vengeance and jealousy, but these are traits that she is trying to overcome as she becomes more of a leader.

Trying to overcome her vengeance and jealousy and become a leader by... "Argus, go punch someone!"

The Iliad shows her as cunning and tactful, yet motivated by envy. She executes an elaborate plan with the goddess Athena to cause the downfall of Troy, encountering many other Greek gods in the process.

Cunning and tactful... *Ahem* "Argus, go punch someone"

For each situation she navigates, she either convinces others to help her, manipulates and betrays them, or send her subjects to enforce her desires.

Convinces others to help her, manipulates and betrays them... That sounds like she could have some unique gameplay with skills that buff AND debuff both friendly and enemy gods...

Instead, it's all about that last line and "Argus, go punch someone"

Hera constantly defies Zeus in mythology. In the world of SMITE she is even more free to seek her own place of power.

Honestly, it's starting to sound as if Hi-Rez are just shipping Hera x Argus at this point...

She has been absent from the Battleground for so long and she will need to rely on her diplomacy skills and displays of power to prove her worth.

Rely on diplomacy and displays of power... Displays like "Yo Argus, go punch someone kay fam?"

Hera keeps her jealousy and vengeance suppressed as much as possible and she rises up the ranks. However noble her actions may be, these emotions constantly lurk below the surface, providing her with the a dangerous ambition to be the best.

Dangerous ambition to be the best...

By relying on someone else to be the best FOR HER...

But that will still mean that her kit is still not really about her. It'll just be something that could literally be copy/pasted onto an "Argus" god instead.

So make Vamana's already not particularly unique kit even less unique, whilst also further making Hera's kit just Argus' while she stands around being an irrelevant part of the actual god...
    Interesting points, and as I play her more, I still am struggling how to really play her better. I find her kit esp her 1 hard to combo and rely heavily on her ult to do the damage. In the end, I find that playing her because to be a challenge oppose to being fun.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Her lategame is actually really fun with the right build.

Most enjoyable new release that i've played in a good while. Baron was so broken and cheesy it wasn't any fun.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I've played against a ton of Heras lately (as is typical for a new release) and I tired her out myself for a bit as well. Overall she seems kind of underwhelming outside of her ult, which is either very "meh" or amazing depending on the skill of the person playing her and the gods she's playing against. Argus combined with his bonus damage & speed from having her shield up can easily KO enemy gods that don't have any sort of escape to get away from him. If they do have an escape though and her teammates don't immobilize them, he's kind of easy to play around though he can still tank objectives amazingly. I think her shield is also amazing as the health that thing gives is HUGE (I'd say it's almost comparable to Nike's ult) and her two is both a good waveclear and crowd control ability. Her 1 seems kind of awkward to me but I'm sure people that use her more can find nifty uses for it. (It would be nice if it knocked back enemy gods as well as minions considering you have to be right up in their face to get the knockback though.) I wouldn't say she's broken nor underpowered, but outside of Argus being an amazing objective tanker I don't really see what niche she fills that other gods don't do better. Though with having so many gods in the game already that's always going to be a problem as it's hard to do something unique that doesn't feel either underwhelming or broken. Though I vastly prefer underwhelming but balanced gods like hera to the cancer that was release baron.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 10-22-2018 at 12:01 AM.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.