Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Hera?

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Thoughts on Hera?

What you think about Hera now that she's in main game? i haven't played her yet myself in a game cuz well there's so many instalockers for Hera right now i'll play her when there are less people picking her but as from what i've seen so far playing against her she doesn't seem super strong type i guess that's a good thing cuz most new gods are broken when they are added to the game. Argus doesnt seem to hit too hard it's just his inital damage and knockup which can be pretty dangerous

what are your thoughts on hera?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    She's very beautiful but, gameplay wise, OK at best...

I would do this to her 1:
    Instead of two fists, she summons two huge diamonds that collide with the sharp ends in that rectangle area and shatter into pieces, dealing the shatter damage in a circle. This would look cooler and fit her elegant theme of a queen. Also, polymorphed gods as well as jungle monsters should be able to be knocked back too, but it's weaker on them (more like Aphro's Back Off).

Her current passive description should be moved to the ult's description since it's only an extension of her ult anyway.

Instead, when Hera damages an enemy with her basic abilities or basic attacks (excluding Argus's damage), she applies a stack of "intimidation". At maybe 5 stacks, they become weakened by x%. Passive could be called "Intimidating Presence" instead or something like that. Or, instead of a weakening them, they become Feared for 1 second.

And her ult... well, I don't really know what to do with that, it's the most frustrating part of her kit. Argus feels so uncontrollable! Any ult is better than that.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Played her once or twice. Thought she was kinda boring.

No good escape and her shield isn't that great. Her CC on 2 is okish but not great as it offers no real lockdown in terms of movement which I think is the strongest type in smite, people can still escape or keep chase but in combo with other CC I think it can be great. It goes through walls though so that is a +

All of her spells are a bit slow to land except her ult I feel.

Ult is nice and all with knockup and is pretty much instant, but I felt she lacked punch overall both kit and ult.

Argus is great at tanking objectives though which is nice.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    She needs rework and feel her play is much more suited as a Guardian than a mage.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    She's pretty fun a felt pretty fluent, but she's undertuned and really doesn't do much after midgame outside of her Polymorph. Argus is just chad Kaldr and she's super squishy and immobile and also has no cc immunities. Having to also use your only form of defense for additional damage is also pretty iffy (release Cabrakan anyone?). She should be much better after her 5.20 buffs but I doubt itll be enough to make her worth picking her over other supportive archetype mages.

People are also building her glass cannon and wondering why they feed, so that needs to see changing too.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post
    Her current passive description should be moved to the ult's description since it's only an extension of her ult anyway.

Instead, when Hera damages an enemy with her basic abilities or basic attacks (excluding Argus's damage), she applies a stack of "intimidation". At maybe 5 stacks, they become weakened by x%. Passive could be called "Intimidating Presence" instead or something like that. Or, instead of a weakening them, they become Feared for 1 second.

And her ult... well, I don't really know what to do with that, it's the most frustrating part of her kit. Argus feels so uncontrollable! Any ult is better than that.
    i agree with you on the passive part her current passive is meh and i also like your idea of intimidating presence she's a queen so she should have an impact like that or what they could do is make her a guardian and give her a passive which increases the effect of aura items she picks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    She needs rework and feel her play is much more suited as a Guardian than a mage.
    agreed
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    To be perfectly honest...

Outside of her Polymorph skill, they could literally delete Hera and make Argus a Guardian with essentially the same kit. Heck, the basic attack chain would be something unique in the Guardian role at this point, given that literally none of them have one right now.

Then they could remake Hera so she y'know, has a kit that includes literally a single thing to do with "Leadership" that they keep going on about in her design. Since, just having control over 1 NPC does not a leader make.

I'd have expected something more akin to Ameterasu's kit as "Leadership" based, what with her passive meaning her team benefits from focusing on the targets she picks out with the bonus damage, as well as her aura's meaning that her team is boosted when they stay close to her and an ult that's a great initiation tool to let her team then follow up on her disruption + CC.

Meaning that Ama's a leader, since she is a rally point for a team, she picks out the targets and then creates the space for her team to focus them. I.e. "Leading them in battle" rather than just turning the enemy team into animals for 2 seconds while fisting everyone (Also, that skill is in of itself weird af. Like, why's she creating portals? Is she Janus now? Also, how is Argus able to punch through them like that? Especially while he's standing right there? Why can she just close the portals while his arms are stuck through them without a problem, would they be severed from his body?)

Rather than the current Hera, who's only real nod to "Leadership" is if you're cynical af and ascribe it to the real world leadership where the "Leaders" will often send disposable peons to the frontlines while they sit back at home and sip tea... *Cough*Battle of the Somme*Cough*
    Last edited by Relanah; 10-17-2018 at 04:31 AM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Then they could remake Hera so she y'know, has a kit that includes literally a single thing to do with "Leadership" that they keep going on about in her design. Since, just having control over 1 NPC does not a leader make.

I'd have expected something more akin to Ameterasu's kit as "Leadership" based, what with her passive meaning her team benefits from focusing on the targets she picks out with the bonus damage, as well as her aura's meaning that her team is boosted when they stay close to her and an ult that's a great initiation tool to let her team then follow up on her disruption + CC.
    this i agree so much i was also expecting her kit having something to do with leadership and such but she got nothing of that sort

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    To be perfectly honest...

Outside of her Polymorph skill, they could literally delete Hera and make Argus a Guardian with essentially the same kit. Heck, the basic attack chain would be something unique in the Guardian role at this point, given that literally none of them have one right now.

Meaning that Ama's a leader, since she is a rally point for a team, she picks out the targets and then creates the space for her team to focus them. I.e. "Leading them in battle" rather than just turning the enemy team into animals for 2 seconds while fisting everyone (Also, that skill is in of itself weird af. Like, why's she creating portals? Is she Janus now? Also, how is Argus able to punch through them like that? Especially while he's standing right there? Why can she just close the portals while his arms are stuck through them without a problem, would they be severed from his body?)

Rather than the current Hera, who's only real nod to "Leadership" is if you're cynical af and ascribe it to the real world leadership where the "Leaders" will often send disposable peons to the frontlines while they sit back at home and sip tea... *Cough*Battle of the Somme*Cough*
    That's an idea too but the Argus doesn't have a great pizazz or fame like Herra. I really feel they can rework her better and just make her into a tank. I used her as a bruiser and she did pretty well, but alas my dps was shit, but still she has that potential of being a great tank.

I was thinking too that maybe try to copy Tera. Like have buffs when Argus is up with auras or something. I was thinking too that maybe her 1 can pull (maybe that would be OP lol), but something to really show Argus doing work as she uses him as a tank. Maybe change his ult and have her ride him and kill everything aka like Vamana when he turns into a giant lol.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 10-17-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,056
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ive seen 1 out of maybe 40 heras since release beeing fed, everyone else just feeds.
    Ive played all game modes and I dont think she is that difficult to use that no one can play her so, Is it me or is it me?