Thread: What do you think of Hera?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead galvay's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

What do you think of Hera?

I believe few things need fixing on the visual side:
    -Polymorph projectile is not too visible
    -royal assault is "too visible", you can't see anything because of it. too big and too high

Her strength seems to be ok, although too early to judge yet- people don't know how to play her

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    She's annoying af.

Polymorph is super annoying, being not very visible, having such a long range and I don't know if it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be a very clear audio clue that you've been hit (At least Cern's ult has pig squeals when you're hit)

Outside of that, she's seeming decent. Though, everyone's still building her glass cannon. I fear that her true strength is going to shine when someone starts playing her as a bruiser. Tanky enough to chase people down with her shield's speed, but enough damage so that Argus packs a punch (Heh, puns)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Hera: "I can polymorph you so you cannot deal damage to me."

Also Hera: "I can use a shield to negate incoming damage."

FUCKING CHOOSE ONE, HI-REZ
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Outside of the overpowered Polymorph she's doesn't really seem to be very scary after the mid-game, once people see that she has no ways of peeling herself from Susano'o, Baka, etc. you'll see less of them.

She is fun to play tho, but I'd still give her a 'meh' rating at best. If I wanted to be an annoying supportive-mage I'd just pick Baron or Aphrodite.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Hera: "I can polymorph you so you cannot deal damage to me."

Also Hera: "I can use a shield to negate incoming damage."

FUCKING CHOOSE ONE, HI-REZ
    "in response, our next god, will have 4 different ways to make you not attack."
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    She's trash and I don't want her in my team.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hera's 1 and 2 desperately need an animation speed up. The 1 is horribly easy to dodge, and the 2 has both a week long wind up and a slow projectile. Argus also having piss poor defenses and being rootable makes him ineffective at landing more than 1 or 2 hits after he's summoned. Kaldr BY FAR performs better than argus, and he's not even an ult. Hera also has high scalings for a mage, but everything about her kit screams utility build. I dont wanna say everything in her kit needs a buff, as a I feel that would overtune her.

She needs some QoL buffs, rather than straight up number increases. The 1, by far, needs a faster animation for the whole skill. The 2 I would like to either see the projectile speed slightly increased, or more so the wind up quickened. Her 3....I feel like holding off on commenting on this, and it's not terrible, just fails to make an impact in an already lackluster kit. Argus needs more work aggro/movement logic wise, and NEEDS to be tankier. He gets blown up way too fast, and deals pretty petty damage. I dont think he needs to by a hyper tank, but he seems to get dropped several seconds after he actually starts moving for a target.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    A few changes to Hera imo:

Passive- Can this please have some kind of benefit before level 5.

1- It's decent, but it's really hard to aim coz the hand indicators aren't as flashy as the cone in front of you. You know there's gonna a cone attack regardless, but they need to make what you actually aim more visible. That and increasing the animation speed would help tremendously.

2- Polymorph needs a few changes:
    a.) Better indication of you getting hit other than your form taking up your entire screen (more on that below). As Relanah stated, having an audio cue like there is for cern's ult would be a massive benefit.
    b.) Arguably this shouldn't be a nuke AND a cc in one shot. Yes, it's a skillshot, but end game with a medium power build that's about 700 damage with a long range piercing projectile that also polymorphs for 2 seconds. I feel like this could receive a nerf to damage or the scaling (preferably base damage so that it scales into the late game)
    c.) Reduce the size of ppl when they get polymorphed. This was absolutely the most annoying aspect of it; if you get hit, you can't see anything on your screen, and if ur playing someone who needs to be up front, you're blocking what's going on behind you (from your teammates' PoV). Also, I can only imagine that being polymorphed in the jungle is going to lead to some confusion as to "why did a boar get pulled I should probably clear that quickly as the hunter before it blocks people".

3- I love the shield, but feel like it's not going to be much use in late game when everything's obliterating your shield and part of your health in one shot. That being said, it has saved me from a few ults (janus ult to be exact), so if it doesn't change much, that's fine with me.

4- Ok, so here ur summoning this giant titan made out of white gold/ceramic/whatever Argus is composed of. He smashes into the earth in a giant aoe for less damage than Geb rolling into you (no srsly, Geb has more base damage and scaling on his tumble/roll than Argus has on summoning impact). My recommendation is to increase the damage from the initial summoning impact. In turn, reduce Argus' duration by half. Then it will make your passive more vital.
    Also please make him easier to control eg if you use the control button and click yourself he runs back to you instead of having to run out of tether range for him to start walking back. Argus just feels....... really underwhelming atm. He's kinda tanky, but he's not doing enough damage to actually pose a threat to anyone, just a little cc here and there and bodyblocking shots from hunters.
    Give him magic defense, too. It's way too easy for Argus to be killed by mages
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-16-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I played 5 Arena matches today for the weekly chests and quests. While I did not play Hera, I saw 9 of her.

2 out of 9 did well.

2 out of 9 did OK.

4 out of 9, not a good record.

I admit I find it annoying when her 2 turns you into an Arena creep, they are very large, maybe larger than the creeps in the Arena sides.

Argus is bad especially against Magical opponents. One match I was damage Baron Samedi, something I have never done before. I hit the enemy Argus with my 1 and 2, took off a HUGE chunk of its health, I was one item away from full build with Evolved Book of Thoth for more damage. Argus is more of an annoyance than a threat.

Damage built Heras using items like Book of Thoth, Chronos Pendant, Rod of Tahuti, etc. did not do well, the 2 that did OK were among them. Tanky hybrid Heras did better that was both the 2 that did well one using Warlock's Staff the other using some Power + Health items (Ethereal Staff, Rod of Isolation).

I am guessing for Conquest, Hera would be better in Solo than Mid based on this but even then not against a Magical opponent, Argus has no Magical protections.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    ult at 70 secs is a massive red flag should be 90 then make adjustments from ther if its to weak or strong