Thread: Make there be some a respawn time increase for the team with no leavers.

New Member Cupidhead MaelstromsEye's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Make there be some a respawn time increase for the team with no leavers.

Not a hard guess as to why im saying this. When you have a leaver there is a 99% chance you are not winning that game unless you play out of your mind. I dislike that a lot of games as myself a new player, and i see on streams is essentially "who gets the dcer this time loses".

Make there be a big respawn time increase for the team with no leaver(or fewer leavers) if they die, punishing them losing a 5v4. I want a either a 1.5x or 2x respawn time increase. Perhaps after the 15-20m mark only.

This would make having a leaver actually be more possible to win as long as you can outplay the opponent a lot easier. Instead of just wasting 30m of your life not surrendering and end up losing anyways.
    Last edited by MaelstromsEye; 10-14-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    You can't just punish other players for your own unfortunate circumstances.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Sure you could.

Sometimes if I see a DC on the other team, I actually sit out the match. Every time I have done this but once, no one on my team complained win or loss, once my team list but after the match the other 8 players were all saying how great the 4 v 4 was because of how close it got all the way to the end.

Only one time did I get complaints.

They could just do what they do in vs AI mode, pick an opposing god and force them to sit out though that system has some flaws, I have done vs AI where a Human Disconnects but no AI opponent gets DC'd.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'd actually support this. I know they decreased respawn timers in arena if a team was down in tickets, so I see no reason not to do it in other modes if a team is down a player. It's not impossible to win regardless as I have done it before, but it is certainly significantly harder and something to help migate that would be nice.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I mean that's equality versus freedom right there. Do you want the game to be more fair? Or more free. They're mutually exclusive.

In this specific case there are instances where you could easily and to some extent fairly limit the team without a leaver but it would be far too ambitious for Hi-Rez.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,549
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    They could just do what they do in vs AI mode, pick an opposing god and force them to sit out though that system has some flaws, I have done vs AI where a Human Disconnects but no AI opponent gets DC'd.
    That's just forcing someone to purposely AFK in base. This wouldn't be solving anything, you'd just punishing someone else.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    i agree with goobis on this there are many reasons why a player has gone DC either rage quit or DC cuz of some internet problems or something but the game has no way of telling what the reason is so you can't expect the game to punish enemy team just cuz someone in your team rage quits or is having internet problems, if someone is having internet problems they shouldn't be playing online games when they know they can DC anytime
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    While the idea behind this is solid, trying to make leavers not cause games to be auto-losses (For the most part) so they're more enjoyable.

The actual solution is flawed.

Since, not only are you just making the other team have less fun (As it stands, it's already less fun to play 5v4 as it's an easy win) but it's also quite abusable.

Like, what if someone intentionally DC'd right before their teammate ganked a key target? Then they reconnect and it's still a 5v5 but now that guy is dead for twice as long.

Heck, what if in a teamfight someone intentionally DC's. Ares/Da Ji land their ults on 2-3 people who don't have beads up then DC. Their allies don't need their help for a Kraken/KKK ult to oneshot them as the pull comes in. Then they reconnect and it's 5v5 but 2-3 enemies are dead for a ridiculous amount of time.

A more elegant solution would be to have AI control their god (Much like in other MOBA's, where it's also possible to ping said AI to make them follow you, so a remaining player can direct them to teamfights). It won't be as good as a real human (Theoretically. In practice I dare say AI are better than 90% of the playerbase...).

Though even this has pitfalls, since what do you do about items? Do you let them buy items and have someone who reconnects have a crappy build (Again, theoretically. People do stupid things like build ADC Baron...). Or do you prevent that and make them not spend gold so an early DC means no items in the late game? I suppose auto-build wouldn't be so bad if someone had filled out their build in the custom editor thing...

This all said, the best solution would be to have Hi-Rez improve their shitty servers so people don't DC as frequently...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i've seen that in some other games _ it is a way to balance 'factions' _ pro rata '%' price increasing etc depending on the %difference of amount of players in the 'faction'

if there is no 'bug exploit' possible i just can agree