Thread: Question about Chang'E

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Question about Chang'E

chang'e dmg is lower than other mages so i tried going with less power and more support/defense with CDR basically support build and a bruiser build but then i have very low dmg to even secure kills but even with full dmg her dmg is nowhere near other mages so how do you build her?

also which role do you play her as in Conquest? i read somewhere i forgot if it was reddit or this forum but some people were discussing that she doesn't belong in any role on conquest and lacks in well every role so where do you go as Chang'E? her dmg early seems too low to keep pressure on enemy in mid or solo tho so maybe support?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    In competitive, she's run in the solo lane.

She builds tanky + Asclepius + Lotus Crown and is basically there to heal her team and land ultimates that win a teamfight on their own.

She gets pressure in solo lane by being so persistent in lane. Between her built in Aegis+Beads to mitigate damage/CC, her rabbit meaning she can pick up items without leaving and most players also get Meditation as a first relic on her to give her a boost in her sustain. So, while the enemy solo ends up having to back to get items (Or to get health/mana after poke trading) she can sit in lane getting more exp and pushing waves into tower to deny the enemy (While also chipping at the tower)

Personally, I tend to build her more damage focused bruiser. Getting some power and pen maybe some procs (Like Soul Reaver/Shaman's/Iso) and topping things off with health and some prots. Trying to just sit near the frontlines spamming my skills for days, not bursting very hard but keeping on constant damage and baiting out skills to dodge with her 2.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    In competitive, she's run in the solo lane.

She builds tanky + Asclepius + Lotus Crown and is basically there to heal her team and land ultimates that win a teamfight on their own.

She gets pressure in solo lane by being so persistent in lane. Between her built in Aegis+Beads to mitigate damage/CC, her rabbit meaning she can pick up items without leaving and most players also get Meditation as a first relic on her to give her a boost in her sustain. So, while the enemy solo ends up having to back to get items (Or to get health/mana after poke trading) she can sit in lane getting more exp and pushing waves into tower to deny the enemy (While also chipping at the tower)

Personally, I tend to build her more damage focused bruiser. Getting some power and pen maybe some procs (Like Soul Reaver/Shaman's/Iso) and topping things off with health and some prots. Trying to just sit near the frontlines spamming my skills for days, not bursting very hard but keeping on constant damage and baiting out skills to dodge with her 2.
    Pen boots -> hide of urchin -> Chronos Pendant -> BoV/oni's hunter or shogun -> Bov/oni's hunter or shogun -> Rod of tahuti/soul reaver

how is this build?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    Pen boots -> hide of urchin -> Chronos Pendant -> BoV/oni's hunter or shogun -> Bov/oni's hunter or shogun -> Rod of tahuti/soul reaver

how is this build?
    Seems lacking in pen, with only 10 flat pen from boots.

Also, Urchin seems a little early for solo lane, as you won't realistically expect to start stacking it until later when you're participating in teamfights. (As a side note, if you really feel you need the composite prots early on, just get T2 Urchin as a bridge item as it's much cheaper and still gives 25 both prots + 125 hp/mp)

Personally, I'd make the following adjustments to keep the core of that build:

CDR Boots > BoV/Void Stone > BoV/Void Stone > Urchin/Asclepius/Obs Shard/Magus > Urchin/Asclepius/Obs Shard/Magus > Soul Reaver/Tahuti/Ethereal

Only 30% CDR, but that should be plenty with Chang'e's naturally low CD's. Also, I left the flexibility open as much as possible to help you find something you might like.

Of course, you can also think about trying to put Lotus Crown in there somewhere, since that's 30 power, 80 phys prots and 20 mag prots for quite cheap (Also, a ton of mana which is crucial if you're playing Spamg'e). Even Mystical Mail is possible too, since not only will the passive work well with what Chang'e wants to do (Which is live for ever up on the frontlines) but the items health is very valuable because she's still a Mage and so has Mage stat scalings and can lack health.

But yeah, a little bit more than 10 flat pen is necessary to really deal noticable damage (Esp to frontliners, which you'll be poking the most), especially if you're considering going SR since those procs don't scale with power and only benefit from more penetration.

The side effect is that Void Stone and Magus also improve other magical gods on your team. Allowing THEM to dish out the damage while you soak up skills and try and land those wombination combination ultimates.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Check this list to see how Pros build her for Solo lane use in League play, may inspire your own version.

I always wondered about ADC Chang'e due to her AS.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Seems lacking in pen, with only 10 flat pen from boots.

Also, Urchin seems a little early for solo lane, as you won't realistically expect to start stacking it until later when you're participating in teamfights. (As a side note, if you really feel you need the composite prots early on, just get T2 Urchin as a bridge item as it's much cheaper and still gives 25 both prots + 125 hp/mp)

Personally, I'd make the following adjustments to keep the core of that build:

CDR Boots > BoV/Void Stone > BoV/Void Stone > Urchin/Asclepius/Obs Shard/Magus > Urchin/Asclepius/Obs Shard/Magus > Soul Reaver/Tahuti/Ethereal

Only 30% CDR, but that should be plenty with Chang'e's naturally low CD's. Also, I left the flexibility open as much as possible to help you find something you might like.

Of course, you can also think about trying to put Lotus Crown in there somewhere, since that's 30 power, 80 phys prots and 20 mag prots for quite cheap (Also, a ton of mana which is crucial if you're playing Spamg'e). Even Mystical Mail is possible too, since not only will the passive work well with what Chang'e wants to do (Which is live for ever up on the frontlines) but the items health is very valuable because she's still a Mage and so has Mage stat scalings and can lack health.

But yeah, a little bit more than 10 flat pen is necessary to really deal noticable damage (Esp to frontliners, which you'll be poking the most), especially if you're considering going SR since those procs don't scale with power and only benefit from more penetration.

The side effect is that Void Stone and Magus also improve other magical gods on your team. Allowing THEM to dish out the damage while you soak up skills and try and land those wombination combination ultimates.
    thanks that was informative will try this out appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Check this list to see how Pros build her for Solo lane use in League play, may inspire your own version.

I always wondered about ADC Chang'e due to her AS.
    oh cool didn't knew about this site thanks

Guide Senior Cupidhead MuffinMan17's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    One other point Relanah didn't mention about her pick in Solo is as a counter to other healers, since she has 50% reduction in her Moonflower Dance.