Thread: More than 5 seasons and still no clue how to run a game efficiently.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran

More than 5 seasons and still no clue how to run a game efficiently.

1.Never had a 5v5 game for a week due to server issues, specially on EU. Servers were always shit but time to time it gets even more.

2. Ui glitches, Chat glitches, in Game friendlist glitch. They are not fixed, how long has been? Not only fixed, there are glitches added to them, like when Bellona can't AA or Ullr/jing attack too billions arrows and kill everything in a sec.

3. Balance changes: Two people pick Amy as support they nerf her when she is not even that good, then Cerberus never gets touched, Agni is cancer they nerf 20 base damage and call it a nerf and leaves it there. Loki, Hebo, Hun bats ult they all stay untouched but Amy gets nerf because of two picks. Warriors get one item, immediately they nerf it but all core items for Daji, Loki, Thana got buffed but meh. Chernowall and Baron are cancers and who cares. Lets nerf warriors and Amy, balanced the game.

4. I don't want a release balanced god, but they just release them broken af and if they are not broken af, next patch they buff them to oblivion, Pele and Cherno examples. and Hera, joy of joy, a tanky mage with massive cc and burst. Woohoo.

5. Lets give skins to 10 gods only. Fuck the rest. and if a god like Baka got some, lets put it in a chest and give it the lowest chance to pop.

Some old forumers that call this home, gonna get sad and mad for this. Hirez or Titan, doesn't matter, same shit.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    1) Must be your end. I get 5v5 games most of the time. Not that often there's a DC (Unless it's a ragequit)

2) Sure, bugs are not fun and the time that many of them spend existing is pretty bad, especially given that they're patching so often, it would probably do to get more resources into their coding team to fix the bugs. I'm sure that would please more people than putting the resources into the art team to design a bunch more skins that most people won't be bothered to buy because of dumb things like putting them in chests...

3) Amaterasu got nerfed because she was too strong at the pro level. Specifically, in the early game when she would often just insta-win the lane because power aura + Hunter = Poke advantage. Then late game she's a beast because her speed aura and insane ult.

Cerb is fine, he relies heavily on a skillshot stun and if you miss it, well, you can breathe on some people I guess?

Agni is also fine. He isn't particularly stronger than most other Mages, other than he has a pretty decent mobility skill (The caveat is that outside of his ultimate, his only real damaging ability against gods is fairly short ranged)

Loki is literally the worst god in the game, why the fuck would they nerf him.

He Bo is balanced by being one of, if not the, squishiest god in the game and his entire kit revolves around him getting up close.

Hun Batz only redeeming feature is his ult. Nothing else in his kit is even that threatening. Heck, since he lost his crit passive, his damage isn't even that good these days meaning he relies even more on his ult letting his allies do something.

Berserker's Shield was too strong. That's why it needed a nerf. Heck, you should have seen this coming a mile off given how much they ended up needing to nerf Death's Toll back when that was a thing (Back when basically only Bellona and Osiris where solo laners because this item was just nuts for them)

Again, you're speaking like Da Ji, Loki and Thana are at all relevant in any way? Loki is still the worst god in the game, Thana and Da Ji are both rarely played and when they are they don't have great win rates...

That aside, what "Core" items got buffed of theirs? I see no buffs to Jotunn's Wrath, Hydra's Lament, Warrior Tabi, Crusher... Heartseeker actually got nerfed for them (Since what do they care about mana procs, they want that 10% speed it used to have before they made way for shitty Golden Shit)

4) What are you talking about? Pele still is not great even after her buff and Chernobog has been continuously nerfed since his release? Also isn't it a bit early to be commenting about Hera? (Massive burst? Wut? She has no burst since her ult is just Argus rather than a big burst of damage. While her abilities aren't doing Ah Puch/Zeus/Freya levels of damage either)

5) Yeah, skin distribution is pretty poor...

I'm still waiting for Zhonger to get a skin. Since, how long has it been since he was buffed into being actually relevant in the game? While it's been over 3 YEARS since he last got a skin...

It's not like I even play the god. But christ on a bike, some of this distribution is just appalling... Oh, better give Baka his 8th skin. Who gives a shit that you have gods like Hun Batz whom are older than him but only have 4 skins (Heck, we even have relatively new gods like Artio/Cern/Hachi/Kuzenbo that have equal or more skins than Hun Batz...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Loki is the worst? You know he is a high pick/ban rate in top elo? You know hebo is one of the top bans in ranked? Agni has been discussed as a disgusting god that is enjoying new meta with gem and SR buff.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    Loki is the worst? You know he is a high pick/ban rate in top elo?
    People also ban Pele a ton in top elo. Doesn't mean she's particularly great.

Loki is flat out inferior to any other god that fulfils his role. That being, nuking down a single target.

But he's popular, so people will pick him more often than they outright should.

You know hebo is one of the top bans in ranked?
    Yes.

I don't know what your point is.

He is a short ranged glass cannon. His weakness is he's one of the glassiest gods in the game and needs to get up close to do most of his stuff.

His strength is he's one of the more potent cannons, with high burst damage and high DPS against gods.

Agni has been discussed as a disgusting god that is enjoying new meta with gem and SR buff.
    Yeah, much like how Thoth, Janus, Vulcan, Raijin, Sol, Poseidon, Zeus, Hel, Chronos and Nu Wa have been discussed as disgusting gods when they were in a meta that favoured them.

The god itself isn't outside the norm for mages - Long range burst damage in an area. The only notable thing is the current meta and itemization is somewhat favourable for him because he's one of few gods that SR and SG aren't shit on.

His win rate isn't even particularly high, only barely above 50%.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,212
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Some old forumers that call this home, gonna get sad and mad for this. Hirez or Titan, doesn't matter, same shit.
    We might take you seriously if you weren't so obviously a troll. Just saying...
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,321
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    1.Never had a 5v5 game for a week due to server issues, specially on EU. Servers were always shit but time to time it gets even more.

2. Ui glitches, Chat glitches, in Game friendlist glitch. They are not fixed, how long has been? Not only fixed, there are glitches added to them, like when Bellona can't AA or Ullr/jing attack too billions arrows and kill everything in a sec.

3. Balance changes: Two people pick Amy as support they nerf her when she is not even that good, then Cerberus never gets touched, Agni is cancer they nerf 20 base damage and call it a nerf and leaves it there. Loki, Hebo, Hun bats ult they all stay untouched but Amy gets nerf because of two picks. Warriors get one item, immediately they nerf it but all core items for Daji, Loki, Thana got buffed but meh. Chernowall and Baron are cancers and who cares. Lets nerf warriors and Amy, balanced the game.

4. I don't want a release balanced god, but they just release them broken af and if they are not broken af, next patch they buff them to oblivion, Pele and Cherno examples. and Hera, joy of joy, a tanky mage with massive cc and burst. Woohoo.

5. Lets give skins to 10 gods only. Fuck the rest. and if a god like Baka got some, lets put it in a chest and give it the lowest chance to pop.

1.) Plenty of my friends on EU have played fine this week.

2.) Kinda gotta be more specific when talking about glitches and errors, just saying X is bugged doesn't help.

3.) Cheese-strats are boring and unfun to watch, Ama lost five power all game because she was two strong earlygame as support when earlygame is supposed to be her weak area. Cerb already got nerfed and has plently of counter-picks. Agni nerf was small yes, but more gods come into play or picks that counter him or are safer; hate Agni? Pick Chernobog/Neith/Ullr mid and two-shot him. Loki has gotten steadly buffed all season with only a small nerf to Brawlers, still not used at all in SPL but very popular Ranked/Casual god, so he's a tossup (wouldn't mind tho, his kit is toxic). He Bo got his nerfs already, also way safer and consistent picks over He Bo. Hun Batz lost his crit passive, crit is no longer a viable choice anymore on him anymore. Beserker's Shield is literally being rushed over anything in solo-lane because of it. Its so strong that people are skipping a starter and rushing the T1 of it just so they can get it quicker. You can't just list three specific characters when almost all of the Assassin-class buy the same items that said three do. Chernobog and Baron have been steadily getting nerfed, just because Ama gets a cheese-strat nerfed doesn't mean they ignore Cherno/Baron.

4.) Underpreforming gods get buffed, its not shocking. Cherno was too mana-hungry, that got fixed, now he's getting nerfed where they see fit. Pele already had gotten nerfed in PTS, she underpreformed live, got some buffs, now is getting nerfed where they see fit. Also I have no idea where you are seeing Hera as a tanky mage with massive cc and burst because she has none of those. Want to kill Hera? Literally go any AA-Assassin with Magi's and not care about anything she will do to you. Want to counter Heta? Pick Thoth, Scylla, Poseidon and abuse the fact that she has next to zero mobility. Want to make them regret picking her? Pick Terra, Cabrakan, Ymir, Ratatoskr, Erlang Shen and punish them for picking an immobile character.

4.5) Also its much easier to balance an overpowered god than it is to balance and underpowered god. Achilles was overpowered on release, few nerfs and poof, balanced. Agni was overpowered, one nerf and some meta bits later, poof done with. Kuzenbo? Constant buffs since release and still barely worth drafting outside of a single niche. Ah Puch? Literally took them three years to find a remote purpose in Conquest.

5.) Basic business. If Characters A, C, and H have high amounts of popularity and play time while Characters B, D, E, and F have very little play time and E and F have next to no fanbase, obviously you are going to make content for whats popular. Nu Wa doesn't need to have 11 skins, but i'm not going to deny why she does.
    Last edited by Goobis; 10-09-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.