Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chronos Pendant not a good item anymore?

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Chronos Pendant not a good item anymore?

So i've heard chronos pendant is not a good item anymore instead it's better to build book of thoth and book of dead or some defense items or soul gem
    what are you thoughts on chronos pendant? personally i still build it on most mages cuz i want the CD reduction to spam Abilities and that extra mp5 is nice addition to it what do you guys think?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Chronos' Pendant is still a good item.

It's not longer a good FIRST item though (It can still be okay though. Especially on gods that want a lot of CDR fast, like Janus for example).

First item you wanna grab Book of Thoth or Bancroft's Talon because they're really strong powerspikes.

3rd item (After Boots + Book/Bancroft) or later and it's fine though. Good amount of CDR and MP5 can keep you going for a while.

Can still do a Library Build with Chronos + 3 books (Thoth/Dead/Reaver) and have good mana to convert into power and shield procs.

As a side note, I'm still sort of hoping they change its passive (Also, Genji's Guard and Spear of Desolation's too) because I don't like the idea of having items that specifically break a stat cap. I'm of the mind that if you're implementing items to just bypass a stat cap, why not just increase the cap and give those items more interesting passives instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    soul gem
    Anyone advocating you pick up Soul Gem is most likely trolling. Soul Gem is pretty bad after its nerfs.

It's really only useful on specific gods that can either proc it efficiently (Such as Nu Wa always hitting all 5 enemy gods with it when she uses her ult. Or something like Aphro who can stack it up ridiculously easily because every time you hit an ally with Kiss it gets a stack) or gods that really want to just push out as much burst as possible but can't rely on Soul Reaver because it got nerfed (Such as Ao Kuang or The Morrigan)

Like, literally, I think I'd rather have Divine Ruin than Soul Gem for raw damage output and Divine Ruin isn't even that amazing a damage item.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    It really depends on who you are playing and what your play style is. I generally always like Chronos' pendant because of the 20% cool down and it's a must for me because I like to have my cool downs reduced. However, some find the cool downs not an issue for them, so they go for other items. Even on tanks, I will sometimes use it oppose to armor so I can have mp.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,212
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I find it ironic that this thread is made just before we get the god who can pretty much spam her ult if she consistently deals damage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,321
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Chronos Pendant is a good item for mid-game or late-game, not early. Book of Thoth is much better early hands down, but they fulfill two completely different purposes so not a very good comparison. Book of the Dead in reality is really not worth it unless you have Book of Thoth, you also aren't going to be going it early. Protections and Soul Gem are utility dependent.

There is nothing wrong with Chronos Pendant, its essentially 90 Power and 30% CDR in one item, but really its something you don't want until a good point of the game after you've gotten core stats online or your stacking item, no use having all that CDR when you hit like a wet noodle. Also imo it depends on what god you are playing, cause some mages really don't need CDR that terribly while others can't function without it.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    i'm going to agree, Chronos pendant is a 3rd or later item now. plenty of gods still want to pick it up though, ones that either need to spam their kit as fast as possible (Janus, Thoth), or have extremely high CD on their Ults like Nu Wa and Morrigan. when it comes to really potent burst damage though penetration is more valuable, so thats when you want to see something more like a Spear of Desolation over the Pendant.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    I'm so going to use it on Hera lol.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I'm so going to use it on Hera lol.
    *Ult Spamming Intensifies*
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 2,952
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Anyone advocating you pick up Soul Gem is most likely trolling. Soul Gem is pretty bad after its nerfs.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    *Ult Spamming Intensifies*
    Really curious on playing her so will see lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    She's being serious and I agree with her because it doesn't have stats that excite me. I tried it on Aphro and seriously, I don't see the difference or feel anything when I use it on her prob bc she's a healer, and you would think it will be good because she's heals, but I don't see any tangible results, but now it makes me curious to use it on a non healer..yet I ponder, why would a non healer benefit on this?
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!