Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILS] 5.19 Datamining: 2007 Memes Edition

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!

[SPOILS] 5.19 Datamining: 2007 Memes Edition

You remember the Sparta Remix memes? Good times, good times. Memes were simpler then.

• Apparently, some people are speculating that gods 99 and 100 are King Arthur and Merlin based on the upcoming "NPCs" actually being gods. I hope to fuck that they're not. Also, some minor changes to the "Wizard" NPC.

• God 99, "Knight," has 2 stances: "Normal" and "Spartan." This may mean he's a Greek god, but which one is up in the air, since this gimmick would make the most sense on Ares. It could also be just tricky terminology to indicate that he goes berserk. His 1st ability "works with his passive" somehow; his 2 hits multiple times and either locks onto targets or is a "charge," likely based on stance; his 3 is either a ranged attack with 3 states (perhaps like Susano'o's Storm Kata?) or a steroid akin to Freya's Pulse."

There are no details on his ult, so it's probably just a stance change; this is likely to be our first stance-dancing assassin. There's no information on his passive, but he apparently has "2 or 3 equip slots," so he might be able to choose from various passive buffs. I'd expect him to have more slots open as he levels up, and he can choose any one of 5 or so perks to permanently equip in an open slot. This may also relate to the item store in some way.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    maybe some king spartan from history? or some super strong soldier? but if it's spartan i dont think it's gonna be king arthur
    idk if people want king arthur and merlin but i don't there were some people on reddit talking about god 99 and 100 saying one of them could be king arthur
    what do you mean by "King Arthur and Merlin based on the upcoming "NPCs" actually being gods." ? they both were going to be NPCs in the game?

and another neith skin? okay
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    [LIST]God 99, "Knight," has 2 stances: "Normal" and "Spartan." This may mean he's a Greek god, but which one is up in the air, since this gimmick would make the most sense on Ares. It could also be just tricky terminology to indicate that he goes berserk. His 1st ability "works with his passive" somehow; his 2 hits multiple times and either locks onto targets or is a "charge," likely based on stance; his 3 is either a ranged attack with 3 states (perhaps like Susano'o's Storm Kata?) or a steroid akin to Freya's Pulse."
    Uhh...

Are we just getting Tyr?

Especially with
    Placeholder Title: The Lawgiver
    Which is literally Tyr's title. Not to mention the similarities between their kits from what's being noted...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Uhh...

Are we just getting Tyr?

Especially with

Which is literally Tyr's title. Not to mention the similarities between their kits from what's being noted...
    tyr rework then?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    tyr rework then?
    I doubt it.Given that one: It's in the datamining as a new entity rather than changes to an existing one.

Also, two: Tyr isn't in need of a rework (He plays fine, his popularity is just determined by how strong he is after buffs/nerfs)

Then finally, three: Hi-Rez mentioned they weren't looking into any other reworks after they did the Freya one.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    what do you mean by "King Arthur and Merlin based on the upcoming "NPCs" actually being gods." ? they both were going to be NPCs in the game?
    The "Knight" NPC is now a god, apparently.

and another neith skin? okay
    That's a universal constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Uhh...

Are we just getting Tyr?
    With a steroid and no true ult? Hell no. We've been in need of a stance-dancer for assassins, and this is probably gonna be what we get.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    We've been in need of a stance-dancer for assassins, and this is probably gonna be what we get.
    Mayhaps... Though being a "Knight" suggests a Warrior

If it is a stance based Assassin, then hopefully they make it work as an Assassin and not a Warrior that happens to have the name Assassin.

Though, that's considerably more difficult without an ult to potentially give viability in teamfights unless the kit is just stacked af.

The upside is with ult being stance switch, it seems more likely to be Hel/Ullr/Artio style dancing rather than the annoying and clunky Tyr style that requires approx 10 years to change stances again which heavily restricts your potential...
    Preferred Gods:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 3,342
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    OH BOY MORE BORING HUMANS I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Fuck off Titan.

Btw Neith skin.
    Last edited by Goobis; 10-14-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    D...Did you just assume their species?

Preferred Gods:

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    gee

it's almost like

most gods

look like the people who worship them

Muh Concepts